Liberty @ Chester

use2play4cc

are you going to kick to us??? how is ur coverage team...im assuming ur going to score...so the question will be...are you gona kick it deep or kick it out of bounds so that we dont return it...Henry County is the only team that kicked to us over and over all year long...and we did well against them in that aspect...but thats henry county...everyone else kicks to us once...sees whats up and will squib or kick it out of bounds...field position is going to play a pretty big role in this game i believe...

They do both they use the FG kicker for the directional kicks! Then a different one for the long kicks!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to be decided on who wants it the most!!! Which Liberty team will show up? Are they wanting to prove they are still an elite 14AA team? Will CC be hanging their head or will they be P.O'd and come out and make a statement!?

The two deciding factors are Penalties and Field position!

field position will go in techs favor...penalties will most likely go in CCs...our defense is completely different from when we played lexington...i expect #7 to be in ur backfield all night...hes a ballhawk...teams had it easy when he was playin safety...now that hes at linebacker he is taking full advantage of putting pressure on the other teams offense...gona be pretty exciting...

Coaching and experiance are the two most consistant determining factors in winning a close game.Experiance goes to the Crusaders with two big games vs. Lexington and Henry Co.'s atmosphere in the last two years,and some other important dist.games too.Coaching definately favors Chester,as affirmed by the vast improvement in the short time the staff has been there,and the fact that Lexington had them in position to overwhelm them a'couple of times,but they stayed focused and fought back to have a good shot at winning late.Everyone(almost)neutral is picking Liberty because of their athleticism,with an *,that being IF Liberty can play four quarters without mental lapses in the form of penalties,mistakes,blown assignments,ect...I think if ONE GAME is is lost via "loosing it" mentaly,maybe some outside influence caused the problem but if thats your tendancy for a whole season(or two),well thats just who you are as a team.Said all that to say this;Chester County in a close game,maybe coming from behind late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post !! Hodum Will have CC focused and ready to play..hes been there ,has the players trust ..CC will play with heart as a Team..

If Liberty finally learns is the ??

field position will go in techs favor...penalties will most likely go in CCs...our defense is completely different from when we played lexington...i expect #7 to be in ur backfield all night...hes a ballhawk...teams had it easy when he was playin safety...now that hes at linebacker he is taking full advantage of putting pressure on the other teams offense...gona be pretty exciting...

Keep in mind that nobody has kicked to CC this year either except the teams that can kick it in the endzone!! Turner and phelps are both really good returners! Turner returned I think 5 for tds last year ( punts and kicks )! Phelps had a few before he was hurt! Yep it will be exciting!!

Keep in mind that nobody has kicked to CC this year either except the teams that can kick it in the endzone!! Turner and phelps are both really good returners! Turner returned I think 5 for tds last year ( punts and kicks )! Phelps had a few before he was hurt! Yep it will be exciting!!

i dont think phelps was available for u guys last year when we played so this will be a new one for most of us TECH fans...we will kick it deep...our coverage team is solid...im thinkin CC is gona try an onside kick or 2 personally...

how did ur speed match up with lexington...we were faster than they were

i dont think phelps was available for u guys last year when we played so this will be a new one for most of us TECH fans...we will kick it deep...our coverage team is solid...im thinkin CC is gona try an onside kick or 2 personally...

how did ur speed match up with lexington...we were faster than they were

Naw probably won't do an onside! It was hard to tell how the speed matched up 95% of the time LHS was running up the middle!! The longest run was Halliburton and our outside backer was 10 yards behind him and caught him at the 2 yd line! CC contained Sellers very well I think he got outside twice but never went for more than 20 yds! I think Sellers finished with 50 or 60! Phelps out ran their defense 3 times 66, 64, and 47! IMO as a team I think CC was faster tho! I will give Lexingtons line credit they may not be that big but they can block!

Naw probably won't do an onside! It was hard to tell how the speed matched up 95% of the time LHS was running up the middle!! The longest run was Halliburton and our outside backer was 10 yards behind him and caught him at the 2 yd line! CC contained Sellers very well I think he got outside twice but never went for more than 20 yds! I think Sellers finished with 50 or 60! Phelps out ran their defense 3 times 66, 64, and 47! IMO as a team I think CC was faster tho! I will give Lexingtons line credit they may not be that big but they can block!

Sellers finished with 94 rushing, 70 or so passing. A bad game in his perspective.

Edited by LHS2012

Sellers finished with 94 rushing, 70 or so passing. A bad game in his perspective.

Not really a bad game!! When a good defense is put together to key on a playmaker 90% of the time that playmaker isn't going to put up the numbers he's use to putting up! That's when the other backs have to step up as they did!! IMO the best athlete on LHS is #11!!