Henry County vs. Dickson County

RedSwarm10

the pats weakness no kicking game and no pass defence

Pats73...hopefully before the season is over...you will have the time and opportunity to watch your alma mater perform.....my guess given their talent...you will find both the time and opportunity to do so. When you do...you will find the following;

First...the Patriots have a very good punter although I don't remember him punting last week against Clarksville High nor do I remember him punting against Northeast. One kicker who handles the majority of the extra points is 34 for 41 prior to last Friday's game against Clarksville High. (meaning he is responsible for 34 points of the 320 points scored this season. The kicker who handles the kickoff responsibility lofts it high and deep giving the Patriot coverage team ample time to get down field and make the stop usually (more times than not) inside the opponents 25 yard line. He is also very good at the high directional kick when that method of kickoff is warranted.

Secondly...the Patriots' pass defense is probably the best it's ever been. I do not know what you are refering to...the Patriots have 9 interceptions on the season...2 or 3 for touchdowns. Prior to last Friday's game with Clarksville High...the Big Red's opponents have completed 48 passes out of 103 attempts. Many of these completions have come in the 2nd half against primarily "second stringers" and JV players. Furthermore...these completions have resulted in 702 yards net passing...again..mostly while the starters watch from the sidelines. In case you were wondering...that's an average of 100.286 yards per game. AND...given the fact that through 7 games...the Patriots have only given up 150.7 yards a game resulting in only 64 points allowed...I'd say that the Patriots' pass defense is "above average"!

Hopefully once you see your former team play...you'll be able to speak a little more accurately regarding this year's Henry County team.

p.s. The numbers I just relayed are available online at www.parispi.net

Pats73...hopefully before the season is over...you will have the time and opportunity to watch your alma mater perform.....my guess given their talent...you will find both the time and opportunity to do so. When you do...you will find the following;

First...the Patriots have a very good punter although I don't remember him punting last week against Clarksville High nor do I remember him punting against Northeast. One kicker who handles the majority of the extra points is 34 for 41 prior to last Friday's game against Clarksville High. (meaning he is responsible for 34 points of the 320 points scored this season. The kicker who handles the kickoff responsibility lofts it high and deep giving the Patriot coverage team ample time to get down field and make the stop usually (more times than not) inside the opponents 25 yard line. He is also very good at the high directional kick when that method of kickoff is warranted.

Secondly...the Patriots' pass defense is probably the best it's ever been. I do not know what you are refering to...the Patriots have 9 interceptions on the season...2 or 3 for touchdowns. Prior to last Friday's game with Clarksville High...the Big Red's opponents have completed 48 passes out of 103 attempts. Many of these completions have come in the 2nd half against primarily "second stringers" and JV players. Furthermore...these completions have resulted in 702 yards net passing...again..mostly while the starters watch from the sidelines. In case you were wondering...that's an average of 100.286 yards per game. AND...given the fact that through 7 games...the Patriots have only given up 150.7 yards a game resulting in only 64 points allowed...I'd say that the Patriots' pass defense is "above average"!

Hopefully once you see your former team play...you'll be able to speak a little more accurately regarding this year's Henry County team.

p.s. The numbers I just relayed are available online at www.parispi.net

the pats weakness no kicking game and no pass defence

Not really....Not at all.

The only problem with our kicking game is that we've misfired on some extra points this season, but we've still hit the vast majority of them. We've probably punted less than 10 times all year, but when we have, it's gotten the job done. And our kickoffs have been more than adequate all year.

In regards to our pass defense, i probably would've agreed with you early in the season. But after watching 8 games, I think our secondary is much better than people give them credit for. They have broken up and intercepted numerous passes this season. Some of their success is do the vast amount of pressure that our D-line and linebacking corps is able to put on opposing QBs, but even when opposing QBs have been able to get off clean passes, the majority of them have been broken up..or intecepted. And even when those passes are completed, you can still almost bet that the receiver will be absolutely lit up immediately after. I personally believe that the tandem we have at the safety position is the most underrated unit on the team. McFerren and Hilliard have been all over the field this season.

but he will make the defrence in a close game i am going to post all of this on the field walls at dickson county i will see you on the side lines in paris by the way i played for bill hudson todds dad

Cool story. I know that hundreds of these kids get on here and read the stuff that's posted anyway, including MANY of our previous opponents...according to one of my younger relatives who is currently on the team. It hasn't helped them much, but go ahead and post what you will. Get your boys fired up for this one, ours will be anyway. Heck, our coaches may just post stuff around our field house about your comment of our non existent pass defense and kicking game. I'll give you the short answer...It won't make a bit of difference. The better team will win when they clash on the field. Good luck against Clarksville.

And my father also played under coach Bill Hudson in the early 70's. If the number your user name represents is your class year, then you two were part of the same class.

Edited by RedSwarm10

the placekicker at dickson county set school record 48 yard field goal at springfield and put the ball through the end on kick offs no returns all year

I will agree with you on this...the kicker must be very good...otherwise..the Cougars would have been beaten by Clarksville Northeast if not for his ability to execute the "on-sides kick"! Were not the Cougars down two scores with under 3:00 to go against the Eagles? Did it not take an "on-sides kick" recovery to offer the Cougars on last gasp to score? (against a team that HC beat 63-14) While to Cougars were "running over the entire state" piling up 362 yards of offense....the Eagles were blistering the Cougar D piling up 501 yards of total offense...just thought I'd add that.

Might I further add how much I appreciate Dickson's head coach...he definately has the team headed in the right direction! Best of luck to the Cougars this week at home against the Wildcats!

Edited by QBClubPrez

the Dickson springfield game was very tight

Springfield beat clarksville by one point

the northeast clarksville game was a one point game

the Dickson NE game was a one point game

HC was up 42-0 in the first half on springfield

HC was up 49-0 on NE with 9:30 to go in the second quarter

HC was up on Clarksville 40-0

HC did not give up a first down to NE until it was 49-0 Dickson gave up 500+ yards to them

PAt 73 Our defense has given up less than 370 yards rushing this season around 800 passing and with our opponents playing from behind they are passing at a high rate and still just averaging 100 yards a game passing, Clarksville had 67 total yards Friday night, and i think NE had like 126 yards on the night LOL

a very porous pass defense apparently, the Qb for NE had been rushing and passing all over everybody else as he did against DIckson and not one first down against HC's first team LOL. Over half of the 800 yards given up through the air has been against our JV. HC has given up 17 first half points this season, 14 of which came agianst our jv after we were up 49-0 against NE. The kicking game is weak, what part, our extra points have been somewhat inconsistant, but for your kicker to become a factor he must have an offense to put it in the endzone. Good luck this week and I hope for the rivalry sake that Dickson comes to Paris in a tie for first place in the district, I have a lot of respect for Dickson county but htis Patriot team is special. Just ask Springfield, Clarksville, and NE, the coach for Clarksville had a nice quote in the Tennessean yesterday.

the Dickson springfield game was very tight

Springfield beat clarksville by one point

the northeast clarksville game was a one point game

the Dickson NE game was a one point game

HC was up 42-0 in the first half on springfield

HC was up 49-0 on NE with 9:30 to go in the second quarter

HC was up on Clarksville 40-0

HC did not give up a first down to NE until it was 49-0 Dickson gave up 500+ yards to them

PAt 73 Our defense has given up less than 370 yards rushing this season around 800 passing and with our opponents playing from behind they are passing at a high rate and still just averaging 100 yards a game passing, Clarksville had 67 total yards Friday night, and i think NE had like 126 yards on the night LOL

a very porous pass defense apparently, the Qb for NE had been rushing and passing all over everybody else as he did against DIckson and not one first down against HC's first team LOL. Over half of the 800 yards given up through the air has been against our JV. HC has given up 17 first half points this season, 14 of which came agianst our jv after we were up 49-0 against NE. The kicking game is weak, what part, our extra points have been somewhat inconsistant, but for your kicker to become a factor he must have an offense to put it in the endzone. Good luck this week and I hope for the rivalry sake that Dickson comes to Paris in a tie for first place in the district, I have a lot of respect for Dickson county but htis Patriot team is special. Just ask Springfield, Clarksville, and NE, the coach for Clarksville had a nice quote in the Tennessean yesterday.

This one?

“That’s not the No. 3 team,†Clarksville coach Ken Busbee said. “They’re the best team in the state. That’s the best team I’ve seen in a long, long time. They’re big and they’re fast and they’re well coached.â€

:)