Henry County vs. Dickson County

RedSwarm10

Here's some trivia for you prez:

1. What landmark once stood at the corner of Mineral Wells and Hwy. 77?

2.Where did the QB club meet in the 70's? On what week day? At what time( trick question-- 2 answers )?

3.What man of industry was instrumental in the formation of the first QB club? What was his son's name and what position did he play?

4. Who was QB club president the night the field house burned ? what year?

5.What service club handled the fund drive to light Patriot Stadium?

6.Who was "Sloppy Jim"?

7.What were the six Little League teams in 1973?

8.Who formerly owned the property that HCHS now stands on?

9.What was once kept in a cage at Eaker's store?

10.What was special about the Grove. Humboldt game of 1965?

1. wilson store

2.avolon

3.charlie ray

4.larry crawford

5.?

6. bill cullvan

7.do not like basball?

8.dr rey

9.a black bear

10.3 touchdowns in 2 mins I almost got hit in the head with helmet I was 12years old.

GO BIG RED

Edited by pats73

alright, i got a question for everybody. how bout we talk about the football game? its for the district title. i figured yall would be pumped.

Trust me Heisman1...the Patriot faithful are pumped! This "trivia game" began as a result of "former Patriot" blogging and posting inaccurate and misguided falsehoods regarding this year's Patriot squad. The original "quiz" was to "out" a person who insists he's one of us...yet his words speak a different story!

HOWEVER...this week's Dickson County/Henry County match up gets bigger as the game approaches! Mostly because the winner of this game will be this year's District 10-AAA champion which includes an automatic birth in November's 2nd season!

Furthermore...in this, the 35th all-time meeting, the "tie" will be broken as both the Cougars and Patriots have won 17 games each since 1977. While each team has at one time owned a 5 year win-streak over the other....Henry County (surprising to me) owns the longest "all-time win streak" in this series with a 7 year strong hold over Dickson County from 1991-1997.

3 times this game has been decided by only 1 point....twice the Cougars won this "one point battle" (DC 16 HC 15 in 1983) & (DC 21 HC 20 in 1987) the other "one point" game was in 2000 when HC beat the Cougars 21-20! Henry County currently owns a 4 game win streak over DC which began in 2007...the Cougars last beat the Patriots 27-22 in 2006.

The widest margin of victory in this series was in 2008 and when HC stock-piled 43 points against a scoreless Cougar team! This game was also the last shutout in the series. Speaking of shutouts...there have been 4 in 34 years of play...First, in 1977(HC 14 DC 0), 1984 (DC 28 HC 0), 1985 (HC 42 DC 0), and 2008 (HC 43 DC 0).

Now...add to all of this..the fact that Friday's game will be Senior Night at Patriot Stadium, school is out for Fall break in Henry County...resulting in longer and bigger tailgate parties, plus neither team has a district loss, the attendance will simulate that of a SEC Conference media day, and the fact that this game will be a Channel 4 Touchdown Friday feature....I'd say the Patriot fans are pretty "pumped" about this week's game! Go Big Red!

Edited by QBClubPrez

My thoughts exactly. For Pats73's response only.

1 Name one of the previous businesses whose location is now occupied by Lowe's.

2 What tragic event caused Bull Durham's to close?

3 What business currently occupies Trolinger's original location?

4 What is the name of the little league facilities near the fairground?

5 What was the name of Volunteer Drive in 1973?

6 Who coached Henry County's most successful little league baseball team?

7 What was Helping Hand called before it was Helping Hand?

8 What, besides Grove School, is Mr. Grove known for?

9 Name the bottom that has a pump house.

10 Who was Henry County's sheriff in 1973?

My thoughts exactly. For Pats73's response only.

1 Name one of the previous businesses whose location is now occupied by Lowe's.

2 What tragic event caused Bull Durham's to close?

3 What business currently occupies Trolinger's original location?

4 What is the name of the little league facilities near the fairground?

5 What was the name of Volunteer Drive in 1973?

6 Who coached Henry County's most successful little league baseball team?

7 What was Helping Hand called before it was Helping Hand?

8 What, besides Grove School, is Mr. Grove known for?

9 Name the bottom that has a pump house.

10 Who was Henry County's sheriff in 1973?

1. walmart By the way moody reality helped sale the land for lowe's

2.burned to the ground

3.The original trolingers was in medina tn befor he got a divorce from his wife. to anwser the question a liqure store.

4. don't know

8 chill tonic

9 springville bottom My dad lives at the pumphouse

10. wells richards father

1. walmart By the way moody reality helped sale the land for lowe's

2.burned to the ground

3.The original trolingers was in medina tn befor he got a divorce from his wife. to anwser the question a liqure store.

4. don't know

8 chill tonic

9 springville bottom My dad lives at the pumphouse

10. wells richards father

60%=F. You are dismissed.

Now, back to some football. Dickson will have no first downs the first half, will not cross the 50 yard line, and the clock will run early in the third quarter.

60%=F. You are dismissed.

Now, back to some football. Dickson will have no first downs the first half, will not cross the 50 yard line, and the clock will run early in the third quarter.

I say we allow him in...cautiously due to the fact that many of his answers are on the "right track"...given the fact that he now lives "out of town"....it would be difficult to know all the answers on this last test....the one that Redrabbit ruined would have been the best one to determine his heritage!

HOWEVER Pats73.....be careful when discussing the Patriots on this forum...I suggest you use facts to back up your theories OR FactsOnly, Red Warrior, Shortstop15, Drewcephus, and others will eat you alive!!

From the Tennessean:

Dickson Co. (8-1, 7-0) at Henry Co. (8-0, 6-0): The winner will take home at least a share of the District 10-AAA crown — and will have to score a lot of points. Henry County is averaging 47 points. Dickson County is scoring at a 34-point clip after a 52-45 triple-overtime win against Clarksville in which Ottis Gerron rushed for 193 yards and five TDs. Henry Co, 34, Dickson Co. 28.

Somehow I don't see it being this close.

Its been a while since I have posted but being a former patriot the only thing it took for me to come back were the two words, Dickson County. I see HC rolling big in this one, but from what I've heard the atmosphere at this game may just me the best its ever been for a regular season game. I'm so excited to see HC go out and put it on the cougars and keep that barrel yet another year. GO BIG RED!!!

Edited by Patriot Pride W.A.O.

Since we are giving each other test about county football I got one for you. Who played in the 1949 Exchange bowl and who was the coach of that team and what was the score and where was it played And who was the twin brothers that played on the team.

Sir, I've gone back and read some of your posts and I can only hope that your a poser who just wants to talk trash about HC. Because if your an actual Patriot who has turned against your alma mater then its really sad you can't enjoy the new heights this program has finally and deservedly gone. As a former patriot who gave his blood, sweat, and tears for HC and tried to represent that patriot logo on the side of my helmet as best I could every friday night I'm proud to say I'm a patriot, regardless of where I go in life I'll never forget my days as a patriot. I hope this truly is the year for HC and every other year after that. GO BIG RED!!

alright, i got a question for everybody. how bout we talk about the football game? its for the district title. i figured yall would be pumped.

The tests are more fun to read and try. They will be a WHOLE lot closer than the game. As for the game, well I will wait until Saturday morning to read paper or Coach T to see who else won in the west so I can see who we might play in playoffs. This game is over. Only thing to worry about is injury report afterwards. Running clock the whole second half.

HC 42 DC 0

HC JV 7 DC 10

so final 49 10