Marion County VS Copper Basin

TheBlackPearl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A legend like myself simply does not waste time going to watch this type of football anymore. It saddens me to watch a once proud program like my alma mater to go into the tank like this Marion County team has done this season. I truly believe that the all of the extra baggage coaches brought back onboard this season have to take some of the blame for what has happened to our once proud program. The young lads at Marion simply do not have any passion or intensity for the game anymore. It is truly difficult to watch a program that a legend like myself helped build into a state powerhouse to now be one of the worst programs in the state of Tennessee. These young lads on this Marion club have seemed to just let things play out and finish the season. Changes must be made in our once proud program if anything is ever going to change. Goodluck this Friday vs the young lads from Copper Basin.

They could use your advice right now ...hopefully they will listen,,,btw welcome back!

Thank you for the kind words Black Pearl. A legend like myself simply can't be everywhere at once. I have had many speaking engagements that I had to attend. I will be gracing everyone with my presence at The Swamp of Boyd Buchanan on Friday nights. Many years ago, I never thought that I would be ashamed to grace Marion County with my presence, but with the current situation it is simply a waste of my time. My time is better spent watching some other games in the area. I still pull for the young lads in purple and white, but until something is changed in the program it will continue to spiral downward.

Thank you for the kind words Black Pearl. A legend like myself simply can't be everywhere at once. I have had many speaking engagements that I had to attend. I will be gracing everyone with my presence at The Swamp of Boyd Buchanan on Friday nights. Many years ago, I never thought that I would be ashamed to grace Marion County with my presence, but with the current situation it is simply a waste of my time. My time is better spent watching some other games in the area. I still pull for the young lads in purple and white, but until something is changed in the program it will continue to spiral downward.

well, you were gone so long, a lot of your groupies, sportman and a couple of others are now following Roy around, hoping to get a falling crumb from a fudgeround

What do you think they need to change? The coaches cant go out there and play. The Warriors dont have much talent if any at all. If you went out there and coached they would have prob lost to Whitwell too.

well, you were gone so long, a lot of your groupies, sportman and a couple of others are now following Roy around, hoping to get a falling crumb from a fudgeround

Hey LivingL., you think is joking, but he isn't joking. Let me ask you a question LL. Do you have a Murphy Fair book?

Edited by rlh

What do you think they need to change? The coaches cant go out there and play. The Warriors dont have much talent if any at all. If you went out there and coached they would have prob lost to Whitwell too.

The freshmen were champions last year in Middle School. They were really good and I know they are only fresmen but you would think they could have contributed to more than one win against the schedule they had this year. IMO, it has to be coaching.

Some of it is motivation..the Marion team I saw this year would have lost by 3 touchdowns to the motivated, excited-to-be-out-there Whitwell team I saw last week.

If Whitwell got up for other teams like they did for SP...well MC would be 0 and 8 right now... Playing SP motivates a lot of teams it seems...we get everybody's best effort and in the end that actually helps us get better. If Whitwell follows and listens to this coach they will have a lot of success.

Edited by TheBlackPearl