Cookeville at Riverdale

TDCman

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good business-like game by the Warriors. I would disagree with the earlier poster that Cookeville laid down. Riverdale made a couple plays early and caused Cookeville to deviate from their game plan...perhaps a little too hastily.

Cookeville has a pretty good power running game and had some sucess with that at times. If I recall correctly turnovers ended two promising drives.

Riverdale was 'on' offensively and looked pretty good. The defense had a couple lapses but overall very stout, especially when the first D-line was in. Both Wigfall and Terry made some nice plays in coverage.

L. Brown was still missing from the lineup and Marcellous was still limited. L. Brown looked like he was moving a lot better on the sidelines and was handling the the duties of 'get back' coach flawlessly.

Things get much tougher next week with Oakland coming to Warrior Drive.

Unfortunately worse Cookeville team they have fielded in many years! They laid down tonight!

Judging by your screen name, I guess such a comment is to be expected but there is a big difference between making too many key mistakes and laying down. Cookeville was just simply outplayed by a better team but they didn't quit.

Unfortunately worse Cookeville team they have fielded in many years! They laid down tonight!

I am not going to get into the debate on if this is the worse cookeville team in years because i only see you play once a year at best. to be honest i dont rember the last time cookeville has beaten us and only a few of those games were close...

but i will get into a debate on your team laying down. we went up 14 nothing everything we wanted to do offensivly we did our team speed killed your defense but to me a team that lays down does not go on a scoring drive on the next possesion with a nice long pass and then the next possesion execute a fake punt very nicely it is also hard to take anything from the second half as the clock never stops you has the ball 11 minutes of the 3rd QTR and probably the first 3 minutes of the 4th so to me effort was there.

the only thing i was disappointed in was our defense did not seem to get off the field they would make good plays on first and second down and then allow the 3rd down conversion if we want to go or even win state we have got to get more of a killer instinct to not allow teams to keep drives going with the exception of the final possesion of the game our offense scored a TD but our defense couldnt get them the ball so I would like to see some nastiness next week against oakland for all 4 QTRs and for EVERY SNAP from the first snap in the first QTR to the final snap in the 4th we have the talent and the ability too and starting next week with oakland all the way through the playoffs this is the approach we need to take in my opinion

GO WARRIORS

I think in the 1st half our defense played great. There was the long pass that cookeville scored on that I was unhappy with the coverage. Also there was 2 other times I can recall we left there players wide open they just couldn't come up with the catch. So we lucked up on those.

Our offense played excellent in the 1st half I believe. I don't think we had to punt 1 time during that time and put up several great drives with scores.

The 3rd quarter our defense didn't play as well yes they had stopped them on those 2 long drives which was nice. I was just upset we had plenty of chances but kept giving up the 1st down.

I'll also say there was a few times I was upset about the officiating. Some placements on both sides of the ball was not accurate. I'm not talking about placements on the 10s and 20s.. I'm talking about around the 50s and 40s where I could clearly see straight on that it was off.. Then again it may be just me.

Lastly I will say at the end of the game we were right there and for him to take a knee on all 4 downs instead of trying to run the ball for the easy TD.. speaks volumes for our coach. I loved coach rankin and I think he may have even went ahead and took the TD or the FG. 51 to 7 sounds more impressive then 44-7.. Lol I'm greedy. Anyways I think we played way better then we did against Blackman. I'm happy to be going into the Oakland game like this.