South Pitt, Huntingdon Wayne County, or Perry County

LeggoStangs

First off:

I have read several folks post that SP was the #1 team until another 1A school beat them. I will agree that they are the defending champions and one of the odds on favorites to do it again. However, first place in an opinion poll is not a right, its just the opinion of some writers. Auburn is the defending collegiate national champions but they did not start the year off #1, basically because it was not the same team as the year before. That is the case with SP as well as any other state champion in any division. I for one have never cared if Huntingdon was ranked in the top ten or not even ranked. All it does is give fans, players, and coaches something to talk and brag about.

I can honestly say I have no idea how the teams will match up this year. You can take it to the bank that Huntingdon is playing smash mouth football with good talent and very capable coaching. In 2003, Huntingdon won the 2A state championship playing against David Lipscomb. NO ONE outside of west tn was giving Huntingdon any chance in that game. This team may not win a championship, and that is fine, but you can rest assured you will know you have been in a football game.

First off:

I have read several folks post that SP was the #1 team until another 1A school beat them. I will agree that they are the defending champions and one of the odds on favorites to do it again. However, first place in an opinion poll is not a right, its just the opinion of some writers. Auburn is the defending collegiate national champions but they did not start the year off #1, basically because it was not the same team as the year before. That is the case with SP as well as any other state champion in any division. I for one have never cared if Huntingdon was ranked in the top ten or not even ranked. All it does is give fans,

players, and coaches something to talk and brag about.

I can honestly say I have no idea how the teams will match up this year. You can take it to the bank that Huntingdon is playing smash mouth football with good talent and very capable coaching. In 2003, Huntingdon won the 2A state championship playing against David Lipscomb. NO ONE outside of west tn was giving Huntingdon any chance in that game. This team may not win a championship, and that is fine, but you can rest assured you will know you have been in a football game.

Where is Terrance Bell and Chris Donald when u need them? Better find them if u make it to Cookeville...SP or Gville is two top teams until someone else takes claim...Keep practicing! U have 6 more weeks....

Edited by TrainTracks99

This is the same debate we get this time of the year nearly every year. 4 years ago it was Mt. Pilot a couple of years in a row. Then it was U.C. and they were a solid team that brought their A game and an exchange student kicker. Last year it was Jo Byrnes. W.C. and P.C. has been in the background noise for 3 or 4 years and Cascade was before moving up to 2a. Back in the 90s it was Moore County and Lake County. In the 60s and early 70s, it was TPS and Sweetwater. In the 70s it was Brentwood Academy, Alcoa and Rockwood. In the 80s it was Lake County, Spring Hill and Gordonsville. You probably don't see where I'm gong with this. But I will spell it out for you. We have a 59-23 playoff record comprising 5 gold balls, 4 silver balls and 5 other semi-final appearances and the 3rd round a bunch. This ain't the first dance.

We'll here we go...

Before the new classification came out about three years ago Huntingdon played in the thoughtest class in my opinion which was 2A.. Milan, Goodpaster, Alcoa, and Westview just to name a few. All of these teams went up to 3A whenever the new classification came out and Huntingdon droped to 1A. If we had been in 1A along like we should have been, I promise you that we would have a least 10 state championship trophies.

Yes, the talent level has drop here for a few years now but Huntingdon is back on the up rise.

Now you wanted to stat some facts so here ya go...

State Champs: 1

Runner Ups: 2

Simi-finials: 9

Quater-finials: To many to remember

Mr. Football Finalist: 6

All State Players: 37

Volunteer Conference Champs:16

Edited by LeggoStangs

We'll here we go...

Before the new classification came out about three years ago Huntingdon played in the thoughtest class in my opinion which was 2A.. Milan, Goodpaster, Alcoa, and Westview just to name a few. All of these teams went up to 3A whenever the new classification came out and Huntingdon droped to 1A. If we had been in 1A along like we should have been, I promise you that we would have a least 10 state championship trophies.

Yes, the talent level has drop here for a few years now but Huntingdon is back on the up rise.

We'll here we go...

I assure you A and 1a up until 2009 wasn't always a cake walk like you may think. TC, SP and a couple of the alphabet schools made sure of that.