Sbec at st George

Usjbruin

After a surprising upset of ecs. How do you think sbec fairs against sgis. And how does st George respond after the loss at usj. Also any idea how the II A playoff will shake out in reguards to who plays who and where

I think this game could go either way. Depending on who shows up. S.B.E.C. is fresh off the win against E.C.S. and S.G. is still mending there wounds that they suffered against U.S.J. last week. S.B.E.C.'s Josh Kimberland is one heck of a football player, it sounds like he put his team on his back last Friday night in an effort to beat E.C.S., and as everyone knows he was successful. He could be the difference maker this week as well for the Trojans. It seems like S.G. may have a few key players back this week in and if that is the case it may help the Gryphon's get back on the winning side of things. This should make for a very interesting high school football game!

As for the play-off situation, this game should not have any negative consequences for either team win or lose. I think all it will do is more determine who is number one in the three way tie for first with E.C.S., Harding, and S.B.E.C. It does look as if U.S.J., E.C.S., WEBB, and either Harding or S.B.E.C. could all be in the upper bracket.

If you don't love this game, something is wrong with you!

From what I can tell, this game literally has no effect on playoff seeding. Sounds odd to say but I think it's true. SGIS seems to have #2 in West 2 locked up and SBEC, it appears, must beat FACS to be the #2 seed from West 1. If they lose to FACS they miss the playoffs entirely. Harding's almost assuredly going to end up with a better overall record than SBEC or ECS and win the tiebreaker and get #1. SBEC would have head to head over ECS to get the #2 seed unless there's some nuance I'm missing. Honestly, I hope it's a good game and nobody gets hurt.

IF (and you know how ifs are) all favorites win the rest of the way, it looks like SBEC would host Zion w/ the winner going to Webb. ECS traveling to Franklin Road and the winner to USJ. Jackson Christian (or Fayette) traveling to Davidson and the winner on to Harding. Ezell at St. George's and the winner on to face Donelson Christian.

Edited by Trojan Fan

Sbec should soundly beat facs. This weeks game I think willl be decided with who's back plays best #5 on sbec and #2 for sgis. Both defenses and o lines are solid but nothing special by any means. It comes down to who exicutes the zone read better. As for playoffs usj has soundly beaten the two best in sgis and sbec and is playing much better than when they played ecs. I for see a usj Webb semi final. And will their be anyone in the other bracket with a choice against either of these two

Sbec should soundly beat facs. This weeks game I think willl be decided with who's back plays best #5 on sbec and #2 for sgis. Both defenses and o lines are solid but nothing special by any means. It comes down to who exicutes the zone read better. As for playoffs usj has soundly beaten the two best in sgis and sbec and is playing much better than when they played ecs. I for see a usj Webb semi final. And will their be anyone in the other bracket with a choice against either of these two

DCA has had a poor playoff performance in the recent past. On paper, this year they will make it to the finals.

On paper why should Dca make it? Would sgis not he able to beat them in the playoffs?

dca appears to have balanced attack of pass and run. ecs has a balanced attack. usj has a balanced attack shaded toward pass. sgis and dca do not put stats on unapproved website like most other schools so this info is gathered in an unscientific manner from local paper box scores. Its just an opinion. sgis appears to be run only and that only gets you so far.

box score says sgis had 52 yards rushing agst sbec. anyone know what happened?

Keep it quite but SBEC is the real deal and keeps proving it every week. Don't tell anyone. They have the best player in DII by far. again don't let anyone know. Not even the local paper knows.

Usj had a bye so I got to go watch this game. Sbec's defense abosutely shut them down. Sbec had big runs in the first quarter and #5 is a beast. But they seamed to not be able to score after the first. It will be interesting to see how deep this team goes. If they start moving the ball a little more consistently this team will be dangerous