Forrest @ Moore County

LovethoseRockets

Well, it's already week ten. At the first of the season a lot of our fans wondered if we'd win a game. These determined young men didn't wonder. They melded together and created a TEAM. No "CAPTAIN". All the seniors are captains. Yes we have standouts. The rest of the team works hard together to make sure they play their best everygame. Off the soapbox now.

You can spot the Raiders a few points for "home field advantage". Hate like the devil to have to play there. Cascade is just as bad, but we did it. Get back in focus, Rockets. Celebrating is fun, especially after a great win like that, but we need to get down to business. BEAT THOSE RAIDERS!

GO BIG BLUE!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Witnessed this past Friday's game of Community at Moore County

Boy, are you right about homefield advantage! I have NEVER heard a PA announcer talk as much as the guy at Raider Stadium. I am privileged in my line of work to go to several stadiums throughout the great state of Tennessee and have never heard someone do such a subpar job. The Vikings were begging to get out of the stadium so their ears could recover. (fans as well!)

Moore County no longer has the homefield advantage they once had. The years of fans lining the entire fence and making tremendous noise are gone. The "dog pound" group that would congregate down in the endzone below the scoreboard is gone. The days of trying to find an inch of bleacher to sit for only a minute are gone. The hey days of the Moore County Raiders were in the 90s and apparently ended there as well.

Community fought hard and led at halftime 7 to 6. I give props to MC for turning on the juice and putting away a team that just had no depth. Give Community credit for battling, but they just do not have enough horses in the stable.

I wish I was wrong, but I see Chapel Hill winning with ease.

Good luck to both this Friday and in the playoffs.

Play every play like it's your last play.

Edited by Striker86

Thanks for the input, and you are right about their announcer, and I think he may be the one who provides the "train whistle" over the microphone as well. Of course the guy at Community was almost as bad. I'll have to say the Cascade guy kept it respectable. LOL-I like to see someone refer us as "Chapel Hill". We call it old school. I love Forrest, but Chapel Hill brings back great memories, and is our past, like Lynchburg. I think I am tearing up. Anyway . . . .

GO BIG BLUE, OR IN THIS CASE, WHITE!

forrest is very well coached and is having a great year.....game could be very important for both schools....if cascade is beaten by eagleville, the winner of forrest/moore county would finish 2nd in the region and would be greatly helped by the 2nd place finish.....forrest should be heavily favored being the bigger school and 2A....moore county has yet to put together a complete game, playing only one half a game...go raiders, see if you can squeeze out another victory

Thanks for the input, and you are right about their announcer, and I think he may be the one who provides the "train whistle" over the microphone as well. Of course the guy at Community was almost as bad. I'll have to say the Cascade guy kept it respectable. LOL-I like to see someone refer us as "Chapel Hill". We call it old school. I love Forrest, but Chapel Hill brings back great memories, and is our past, like Lynchburg. I think I am tearing up. Anyway . . . .

It'll always be Chapel Hill to me. It's a special place just like Lynchburg. I heard the Rockets have a coach by the name of David Evans. Is he the same David Evans that was a kicker and a pretty good tackle for the Raiders back in the late 90s?

It'll always be Chapel Hill to me. It's a special place just like Lynchburg. I heard the Rockets have a coach by the name of David Evans. Is he the same David Evans that was a kicker and a pretty good tackle for the Raiders back in the late 90s?

Don't really know. Could be, we've got a few Lynchburg'ers at Forrest now. Coach Jean is a wonderful basketball coach. This group of coaches in Chapel Hill seem to work well together. The kids have a lot of respect for all the football coaches and that makes for a better team. :thumb:

The announcer is not the train whistle guy, some people like it some don't, as for my self I like the announcer I think he does a great job, and yes he does get into the game.Chapel Hill does have a good team and they are the bigger of the two schools but TSSAA seems too think that single a schools can play with AA schools nothing we can do about that so let the games begin.

The announcer is not the train whistle guy, some people like it some don't, as for my self I like the announcer I think he does a great job, and yes he does get into the game.Chapel Hill does have a good team and they are the bigger of the two schools but TSSAA seems too think that single a schools can play with AA schools nothing we can do about that so let the games begin.

Enrollment differential between the two isn't enough to effect competition. I'd put South Pitt., Wayne County, Huntingdon, Perry County against any 2A school outside of Trousdale and they'd win. Obviously pulling for Moore County in this one although I give them little chance. Forrest is pretty good. A Moore County win and a Cascade win would give Cascade a 6th consecutive championship.

Yepp, that's the same David Evans. He attended Moore Co. High School.