DII-A playoffs

Footballer69

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the Harding sgis game like. I didn't know they beat them. From what I saw on tape Harding looked really good

They beat them by over two touchdowns.. Though looking at the schedule St. Georges has folded under pressure to both ecs and usj they are not a bad football team.. Every game they have lost its because they have flat out beat themselves and everyone there could attest to that. If they play the way they are capable of they should be able to make it to the state championship coming out of there side and then with who ever comes out on the top bracket, it all depends if st. georges backs down and falls apart or stays in the game.

St. George's didn't score against SBEC a couple of weeks ago....no points. This is an improved but not, by any means, spectacular Trojan defense. Looking at the way St. George's ended the season it's hard to imagine them just snapping their fingers and putting it back together. It rarely happens that way though sometimes the repeated reps week after week in practice and games finally kick in.

The Harding team I saw was not as good defensively as SGIS but much more dynamic offensively. I really think, and we're not covering new ground in this thread, we're talking about two different St. George's teams. Harding is a better team right now. This just isn't the same team as earlier in the year. Still, though, there is clearly talent there. Frankly, the same can be said for ECS. They were better earlier in the year and have had a relatively rough patch. I could absolutely see both teams start to hit their stride with continued reps and it's probably best for both to be playing this weekend instead of on a bye. They both need those snaps and if they can't beat their first round opponents the second round games aren't worth them looking forward to anyway. I'll say the same for SBEC after a lackluster 2nd half offensively against SGIS and an uninspiring offensive effort vs. FACS last week.

If anyone has actually seen both SGIS and Donelson BOTH lately, chime in. Considering the ups and down of SGIS this year and not having seen Donelson at all, I have no clue how that would play out and y'all are braver predictors than me to pick scores b/w the two. This could really be Donelson's year to shine and make a run with a perceived winnable bracket...and more power to them, I say. Makes me no difference but seems like it could be a fun one to watch if St. George's gets it going this weekend and has some offensive success and produces a great quarterfinal matchup.

As to who would host b/w Harding and DCA, it looks like it would be Harding. In the handbook, the #1 team in West 1 is the top of the bracket and the #1 team in E/M 2 is the lower and per the handbook "In the semifinal round the higher seeded team in each bracket shall host. If the two teams are the same seed, in

odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years, the bottom

team in each bracket shall be the host team."

They beat them by over two touchdowns.. Though looking at the schedule St. Georges has folded under pressure to both ecs and usj they are not a bad football team.. Every game they have lost its because they have flat out beat themselves and everyone there could attest to that. If they play the way they are capable of they should be able to make it to the state championship coming out of there side and then with who ever comes out on the top bracket, it all depends if st. georges backs down and falls apart or stays in the game.

I was at the SGIS/USJ game - sorry, but have to disagree with the SGIS beat themselves statement. USJ was flat clicking on all cylinders that night and SGIS had no answer.

I was at the SGIS/USJ game - sorry, but have to disagree with the SGIS beat themselves statement. USJ was flat clicking on all cylinders that night and SGIS had no answer.

The first play of the game usj drove 68 yards and st. georges held them to 4th an goal from the 2.. St. georges missed two field goals from the 20 in the first half, and then gave up a 80 yard fade over a 5,2 corner in the second.. They had two fumbles and an interception on the other half of the field. Though you cant expect to win playing like this. These things dont help your cause.. Though after being at the game also i will have to give credit where it is due and the usj defensive line played a great game

The first play of the game usj drove 68 yards and st. georges held them to 4th an goal from the 2.. St. georges missed two field goals from the 20 in the first half, and then gave up a 80 yard fade over a 5,2 corner in the second.. They had two fumbles and an interception on the other half of the field. Though you cant expect to win playing like this. These things dont help your cause.. Though after being at the game also i will have to give credit where it is due and the usj defensive line played a great game

We may have been at different games - I remember USJ scoring on first drive after 7 plays.

I remember one missed FG from SG after being 1st and goal from 2 yd line and getting pushed back to 20 yard line.

Link to the game:

http://www.tssaanetwork.com/usj/events/22512