Tullahoma at Lawrence Co

binns37388

The Tullahoma Wildcats travel to Lawrenceburg Friday night to play the Lawrence Co Wildcats in the final regular season game for both schools. Its a District 8AAA game and a great rivalry. Although Lawrence Co has struggled this season after losing a lot of seniors off last years team, I know it will be a tough game for Tullahoma. The folks in Lawrenceburg are always great hosts and its a very good environment for high school football. The community support is outstanding. Tullahoma is looking to win their 7th consecutive game and a high playoff seeding for the upcoming playoffs.

Binns Binns Binns I always enjoy reading your articles because you usually call them like you see them but there is no way you see this game close. Tullahoma will blow Lawrence Co. out. It wont even be close. Good luck and Go FALCONS!!!!

I think the folks in Oklahoma felt the same way as Oklahoma was a 29pt favorite over Texas Tech and lost. Its a road game and Tullahoma beat Lawrence Co twice last year. They scored 34 pts on Hardin Co last week. They will be up for this game and its probably senior night. Tullahoma can't just show up and win. Tullahoma should win, but sometimes the football takes some strange bounces.

Ask Binns, As we all gather around the water fountain the big question came up. What is John Olive's Won/Loss record with teams that have a winning record? Some of us think its less than .333. I know you are the man Binns. Settle this for us.

I think he's won 138 games total against 75 losses, but I don't know the answer to that question. I'll see if I can find out. The way the playoffs are set up, it's not wise to load up with powerhouse teams along with your district schedule. I know one thing, we're fortunate to have had Coach Olive for all these years and I'm sure all the programs in this area would love to have the coaches we have. Only 3 losing seasons in 19 years speaks for itself. I remember where this program was when Coach Olive took over.

I think he's won 138 games total against 75 losses, but I don't know the answer to that question. I'll see if I can find out. The way the playoffs are set up, it's not wise to load up with powerhouse teams along with your district schedule. I know one thing, we're fortunate to have had Coach Olive for all these years and I'm sure all the programs in this area would love to have the coaches we have. Only 3 losing seasons in 19 years speaks for itself. I remember where this program was when Coach Olive took over.

Thanks Binns, I got a chicken wing dinner and a free ride to Lawrenceburg riding on your answer. My prediction (THS 35 LCHS 13).

Thanks Binns, I got a chicken wing dinner and a free ride to Lawrenceburg riding on your answer. My prediction (THS 35 LCHS 13).

I don't think I'll have the answer to your question before the Lawrence Co game. Trying to find the answer to that would be very time consuming and personally it doesn't make any difference to me what the answer is. It sounds like someone is trying to find a reason to bash Coach Olive and I really don't want any part of that. In my opinion, Coach Olive means more to this program than just wins and losses.

I don't think I'll have the answer to your question before the Lawrence Co game. Trying to find the answer to that would be very time consuming and personally it doesn't make any difference to me what the answer is. It sounds like someone is trying to find a reason to bash Coach Olive and I really don't want any part of that. In my opinion, Coach Olive means more to this program than just wins and losses.

Binns, Thats ok, really wanted steak anyway. What is your score prediction for Friday night?

On a cold, damp windy Friday night in Lawrenceburg, the Tullahoma Wildcats ended the regular season on a seven game winning streak with a 41-14 victory over Lawrence Co HS. Tullahoma jumped out to a big lead, leading 41-0 in the 3rd quarter and coasted in for the win. Lawrence Co lost over 20 seniors off last years playoff team and is in a rebuilding mode. The Wildcats of Tullahoma showed a good balance of running and passing and special teams play was also excellent. The defense played well most of the night. Lawrence Co tried about every trick play in the book and caught Tullahoma off guard a few times. The projected playoff opponents next Friday night are Lenior City or Anderson Co. Tullahoma will host and is projected to be a #2 seed in quadrant 2 in 5A. It was good to see Austin Creasman and Ryan Lawson get TD passes tonite and Montrell Berry and Trey Burks continued to look good running the ball. Lawrence Co ended the season 1-9.