South Greene vs Sullivan North

BatmanDB

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can gather this is a rare matchup for both schools.The last time South Greene came to Kingsport it was a win over Sullivan East,the only other Sullivan county team they ever played no longer exist.North has played and beat one Greene county team{West Greene}.So a very rare but very important game this friday.Sullivan North has a very solid offense and a defense that can hold it's own.Any South Greene or Greene county fans care to talk about what the Rebs have.I find this game of interest because I had a son and many friends and family that went to South Greene over the years.I have friends that went to North or have a kid there now and have been keeping up with them for some time.Good luck to both nomatter if anyone responds to this thread.Both teams deserve a mention for making the playoffs and I hope for a clean and injury free game. Sorry if there was already a thread,I have not seen one

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can gather this is a rare matchup for both schools.The last time South Greene came to Kingsport it was a win over Sullivan East,the only other Sullivan county team they ever played no longer exist.North has played and beat one Greene county team{West Greene}.So a very rare but very important game this friday.Sullivan North has a very solid offense and a defense that can hold it's own.Any South Greene or Greene county fans care to talk about what the Rebs have.I find this game of interest because I had a son and many friends and family that went to South Greene over the years.I have friends that went to North or have a kid there now and have been keeping up with them for some time.Good luck to both nomatter if anyone responds to this thread.Both teams deserve a mention for making the playoffs and I hope for a clean and injury free game. Sorry if there was already a thread,I have not seen one

I don't believe North played west Greene this year or was that in reference to years past ? Edited by greenecosportsfan

I have seen South Greene play several times this year batman, and they have really surprised some people with how hard they play. They have a handful of guys that run the ball, most notably Cole Baxley (#5) and Kolin Donahue (#10). Donahue is big and strong and also the QB. Has a rocket of an arm but sometimes you don't know where its going. His favorite target is Nick Davis. On the defensive side of the ball Baxley is a beast at LB and Donahue ain't too bad either. Baxley is fast and will knock the snot out of you. The problem with South Greene is they don't play too many people throughout the game and you can wear them down. I think Sullivan North will do this with all the weapons they have in the backfield. Look for the Rebels to keep it close in the first half and then the Raiders will pull away in the end. The Rebs will give it their all for four quarters and the Raiders will know that they had a battle all night though.

Good luck Rebels, you surprised the heck out of me this season.

I was waiting on someone else to answer but I'll go ahead . South Greene has overachieved what was expected of them . They were not expected to win but a game or two this year but they had a player or two in the hole that really stepped up . We got two pretty good backs a good receiver offensively . Defensively we have some athletes just not enough . Kinda small overall . Have trouble putting four quarters together due to depth . All in all we are pretty happy to be making the playoffs

Don't worry South Green you got the best draw in the whole playoff system. Poor little ole SN is the worst team to ever go 10 & 0 in Tennessee history, what has kept us plodding along is not the 400 plus points we scored nor the almost 3000 yards our 3 main backs have accounted for ( 3rd 4th and 5th in the 3 rivers)nor the speed of our special teams or the great adjustments our coaches have made in the games or the heart of the defense that has gotten better every game NO NO NO it is the terrible luck everyone that has played us has had either right before or during the game. Hurt players, suspensions, fumbles ( in no way caused by big hits)bad passes intercepted ( had to be bad passes that’s the only way we could catch one )bad field position ( not caused by special team speed just terrible spots) Bad tackling ( QB getting 10 yards per carry and running the keeper up the gut 5 or 6 times a game #1 putting ankle breaking cuts on their D or #5s crazy speed had Nothing to do with it ) Fog on the field caused a lot of confusion as well ( Not Coach Norris' O)

So South Green be careful on the drive up that’s about all you have to worry about!

If North does not score another point or win another game Bloomingdale could not be any more proud

GO RAIDERS

I was saying all time.As for Sullivan North's offense,I don't know if they call it the wing t,flexbone or what label.I'll have to let a North person get in on the terminology.What I do know is their QB is very good at running it and he along with North's backs can flat out move.I don't know if North has had a better team,but I think this team has broke the all time school win streak and had their first undefeated season.

People are always going to crack on ya when your winning raider . Bottom line you guys are 10-0 . No matter who you played or anything else thats a great accomplishment and were rare at any level . We have played you guys in basketball and baseball over the years and I always noticed there were good athletes there . We had a lot of doubters this year too . We might have picked up a couple more wins if we could have put four quarters together but thats just how it goes .

People are always going to crack on ya when your winning raider . Bottom line you guys are 10-0 . No matter who you played or anything else thats a great accomplishment and were rare at any level . We have played you guys in basketball and baseball over the years and I always noticed there were good athletes there . We had a lot of doubters this year too . We might have picked up a couple more wins if we could have put four quarters together but thats just how it goes .

They are a very good 10-0 team.I've seen them scrimmage South twice and play a very talented Union team.When this one is over,I expect the South Greene fans to say.North has got one heck of a football team.