District 4-AAA

LCityplayer

Really, you dont know the TSSAA handbook.Yes they are in the same basketball district , but not same school bus district. MAKES A DIFFERENCE. I ACTUALLY GOT THAT FROM A TSSAA EMPLOYEE! I was told you could play half season at one school and if you move outside the school bus district , YOU CAN PLAY. I guess Farragut did there checking also.

That is the most incorrect thing I have ever read on CoachT and that is really saying something. You need to ask the TSSAA Janitor again..because there is no mention of "school bus district" its just your school zone. The handbook will tell you that once a player "practices" with a team for 3 days they are no longer eligible if they attend a different school without applying for an eligibility hardship. I also love that you created a term called "school bus district" . Does a "school bus district" have a board member, a coach of the year, president, chancellor? I feel cheated that i have lived in Knox county all theses years and never participated in my "school bus district".

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coolcoach is right. Bearden is cocky but they are still basically the same team that choked and lost almost every game the second half of the season last year--with a less experienced coach. Just wait until after Christmas. Teams took them lightly at the beginning of the season, but their time on Easy Street has ended.

Their one above average player--JJ--cannot carry them when defenses clamp down on her and her undersized teammates have to deal with bigger, stronger, and faster girls on Maryville, Farragut, and Lenoir City. They will not be able to handle William Blount on the road--where they won't get every call--and Catholic parents told me that it is going to give them a whole different game when they get injured players back.

One thing is clear about this season, Bearden has not been tested in a really tight game when the calls and shots don't go their way. I predict that when the pressure builds, they, and their wet-behind-the-ears coach, will fold like a cheap chair cause they lack the heart and toughness that other teams in our district have proven over the years.

They can strut and brag about middle school plastic trophies but that means nothing. This is a big stage and little players have no place on it--well, maybe sixth place--if they are lucky.

And you say Bearden is cocky, please. Big Stage really, same group of girls, so how many championships does Farragut middle hold? They may not mean much, when you dont have many. Hey and maybe Catholic will give Farragut a different game also.

That is the most incorrect thing I have ever read on CoachT and that is really saying something. You need to ask the TSSAA Janitor again..because there is no mention of "school bus district" its just your school zone. The handbook will tell you that once a player "practices" with a team for 3 days they are no longer eligible if they attend a different school without applying for an eligibility hardship. I also love that you created a term called "school bus district" . Does a "school bus district" have a board member, a coach of the year, president, chancellor? I feel cheated that i have lived in Knox county all theses years and never participated in my "school bus district".

Wow, you really take this girls high school basketball real serious. Clam down, it is if you move and the school bus is zoned for another school, you can play at the other school. I got the info from TSSAA made a call . They told me players have done this in mid season. You can call and ask also and please findout how players that do live in Loudon and play in Knox County, would love to know how thats done. I mean not paying Knox taxes and all to go to school here. Hey if Bearden players are not a threat, then you dont have to sweat it.

Wow, you really take this girls high school basketball real serious. Clam down, it is if you move and the school bus is zoned for another school, you can play at the other school. I got the info from TSSAA made a call . They told me players have done this in mid season. You can call and ask also and please findout how players that do live in Loudon and play in Knox County, would love to know how thats done. I mean not paying Knox taxes and all to go to school here. Hey if Bearden players are not a threat, then you dont have to sweat it.

That is really well said sounds a lot like my earlier post

"Also, you need to check the TSSAA handbook yourself the rules are all about establishing a high school athletic record then having a valid "change of address". I assume the Bearden coach and AD did their homework so there shouldn't be a problem"

Also, you see that I mentioned that all of Bearden's players affairs are in order and there shouldn't be a problem, so not sure what you are hinting at about Farragut and implications you are making about the eligibility of a high school girl. To me that is the person who is taking girls basketball a little too serious. But hey we all know who you are bballdad4lyfe aka 3ball4ever aka Father of a Sophomore Guard at Bearden so I'm sure you have made a lot of friends with your previous posts in this and other topics.

That is really well said sounds a lot like my earlier post

"Also, you need to check the TSSAA handbook yourself the rules are all about establishing a high school athletic record then having a valid "change of address". I assume the Bearden coach and AD did their homework so there shouldn't be a problem"

Also, you see that I mentioned that all of Bearden's players affairs are in order and there shouldn't be a problem, so not sure what you are hinting at about Farragut and implications you are making about the eligibility of a high school girl. To me that is the person who is taking girls basketball a little too serious. But hey we all know who you are bballdad4lyfe aka 3ball4ever aka Father of a Sophomore Guard at Bearden so I'm sure you have made a lot of friends with your previous posts in this and other topics.

Knoxbball88,

I sent you and email out of respect but obviously you didnt read it. I'm all for competitive fun and school rival games esp. when these girls are all friends and have grown up together throught the entire 4AAA district but when you mention my family in the wrong way, I have a problem. So to you and your friends on here, I'm not 3ball4ever so direct your opinions to that person and keep my darn name out of your post. And BTW, I know that Bearden and Farragut are in the same district and that they are both Knox County schools!!!!

That is correct, bballdad4lyfe and 3ball4ever is NOT the same person. Sorry, my post about Bearden leading district 4/0 has upset people. So I say we all need to move on and just let the girls play ball. After all Farragut and Bearden both have some pretty great girls on their teams, not just good basketball players, good girls!

Right. And you Bearden people need to remember how your team folded last year before talking about having leads or middle school trophies. You havent been any good in a long time and aren't gonna be by going with the relaxed and recreational approach that Bearden takes--cause its players, while nice girls, cant handle the discipline and conditioning that the top teams in our district all demand.

Right. And you Bearden people need to remember how your team folded last year before talking about having leads or middle school trophies. You havent been any good in a long time and aren't gonna be by going with the relaxed and recreational approach that Bearden takes--cause its players, while nice girls, cant handle the discipline and conditioning that the top teams in our district all demand.

Wow, and Bearden is the one that is cocky, please. It is apparent that Bearden being in the lead is not sitting well with you. You talk as if Farragut is in the same league as Lady Vols. We must be pretty good we beat William Blount and they beat Farragut! I would watch what you say about teams not being any good, things like that have a funny way of turning on you.

I'm not sure we can compare any team in this district to the their respective teams last year because I think( correct me if I'm wrong)each team lost significant players. Im not sure what you mean by the approach the team has taken and the lack of discipline and conditoning. I have seen these girls work hard in the weight room and condition in the summer for this season as well as work hard in the classroom. I think the focus on the off season conditioning has helped them become 10-1, beating teams like Cleveland, Alcoa, Meigs County, and Alcoa with nice margins as well going 4-0 against the teams in our tough district. Everyone can say what they will do next time they play a team, but this is why we play the game as well as play each other twice. You said that we havent been good in awhile but as of 12/18/11, we are at the top and thats an accomplishment that noone can take away from them, so I look forward to the second half of the season playing some other District teams as well the tournament to see who represents us in the Region. I believe we are playing in a good Christmas tournament, so hopefully that will prepare us for the upcoming district games.

Where is everyone playing over the holidays?

Edited by bballdad4lyfe

• 2 weeks later...

Coolcoach, you made statement about Denton at Bearden not being eligible to play. She was eligible, but that is water under bridge. I heard she quit today.

This should not be surprising to anyone who has followed basketball in this District. As we predicted, Bearden's girls have once again started their meltdown. After a lucky start to their season they are going into the tank--right before they play the real leaders in District. Their players don't know how to deal with the pressure of big games coming so they quit.

Basketball is a team sport and team chemistry is key. Bearden gets a few good players, but they play as individuals and don't have heart. And their new coach has apparently not been able to get this bunch to want to play hard or even play together.

It would be interesting if Bearden were a true rival for us in girls basketball--but to have a rivalry we need a team to play against. It remains to be seen if there will be enough of them left to put a team on our floor next week. Bearden's time pretending to be District leader is done. I predict that next week they are run out of the gym! Twice.

Edited by ladadad

This should not be surprising to anyone who has followed basketball in this District. As we predicted, Bearden's girls have once again started their meltdown. After a lucky start to their season they are going into the tank--right before they play the real leaders in District. Their players don't know how to deal with the pressure of big games coming so they quit.

Basketball is a team sport and team chemistry is key. Bearden gets a few good players, but they play as individuals and don't have heart. And their new coach has apparently not been able to get this bunch to want to play hard or even play together.

It would be interesting if Bearden were a true rival for us in girls basketball--but to have a rivalry we need a team to play against. It remains to be seen if there will be enough of them left to put a team on our floor next week. Bearden's time pretending to be District leader is done. I predict that next week they are run out of the gym! Twice.

This girl did not quit because of pressure from teams like "Farragut". I suspect she quit because she never got to play, and tired of being told one thing by a coach and then the coach doing another. Breaden will still give teams like Farragut a good game. You make a good point, it is a team sport. You do need a coach who can motivate players and take talented players and play them where they will benefit the team. I am gonna predict it will be a close game and whoever wins will probably win district.