District 10A

McEwenAlumni

• 3 weeks later...

East does that BS. They somehow pull out in front early, and then the coach goes into scared mode and they hold the ball. Terribly frustrating. I agree WHH should beat East by handfuls, but they have that pesky strategy

Alot of shoulda, woulda, coulda in this goofy statement. ER does that BS? Nonsense comment as I've seen most of their games and don't recall ever seeing this. What games or examples can you give? Why would you think WHH "should" beat East by handfuls? And at home no less? They're just not a great squad and quality coaching is lacking. THEY let East hold the ball. They didn't hold the ball at all in the first half at Heritage, and yet it was a 2 point game. Their coach could have easily sent them out in a man defense to stop it, yet for some unexplained reason they played back in a zone and just stood there. WHH guard play isn't bad, but it's far from good enough to keep double teams off Bedwell. He's certainly got size and decent talent, but he should still handle two sub-par, much smaller post players. He had 4 points....FOUR...vs East and really didn't sit out much. The ER coach going into "scared mode" is pretty silly also. Again the game was 2 pts at half without a stall. And to shorten the game is far from scared, it's awfully smart. And for WHH coach to allow it just played right into their hands. Frankly there's no team in 10A that should make anyone scared.

Edited by MarkWerner

No team in 10A that should make anyone scared? You do realize McEwen is 14-0 right? No they havent played the toughest schedule in the world, but they have still won every game and havent been in danger of losing any of them. There is no reason that McEwen shouldn't be considered in the top 5 teams in single A right now. Maybe you should come to the game this Friday and see for yourself.

No team in 10A that should make anyone scared? You do realize McEwen is 14-0 right? No they havent played the toughest schedule in the world, but they have still won every game and havent been in danger of losing any of them. There is no reason that McEwen shouldn't be considered in the top 5 teams in single A right now. Maybe you should come to the game this Friday and see for yourself.

Why would anyone truly be scared of McEwen? Seriously? I'm talking scary like CA was the past few years with the twins. McEwen is FAR from that type of team. I saw them ahead of ER at home only by 4 pts in the 4th qtr when ER was throwing the ball all over the place with turnovers. I'm not saying McEwen isn't a solid team. Just not one to leave you shaking in your knees. I can assure you that no team from this district is going to challenge to a state title.

I just looked at McEwens schedule and even you acknowledge it's not the toughest. And you're right. They're not playing any tough teams out of Nashville that's for sure. Likely the toughest team is WHH and they lost at home to East. Again, a decent team for sure. 10A isn't a strong, deep district by any means with more sub-pars team than not. You knew it wouldn't take much to win this district before the season even started. No one associated with McEwen should take offense to this. It's just the reality of the district this year.

Edited by MarkWerner

I just looked at McEwens schedule and even you acknowledge it's not the toughest. And you're right. They're not playing any tough teams out of Nashville that's for sure. Likely the toughest team is WHH and they lost at home to East. Again, a decent team for sure. 10A isn't a strong, deep district by any means with more sub-pars team than not. You knew it wouldn't take much to win this district before the season even started. No one associated with McEwen should take offense to this. It's just the reality of the district this year.

I agree with you to a point, but I would half to disagree that McEwen isn't a dominate team especially in this district they have no worries on winning it nor would they have any worries about winning region or substate. I don't think they will win state but there is always that chance at least a lot farther then anybody else out of this district has. Also what teams would McEwen play thats from Nashville thats a 1A Division team? There aren't two many 1A schools in Nashville let alone a good one.

I agree with you to a point, but I would half to disagree that McEwen isn't a dominate team especially in this district they have no worries on winning it nor would they have any worries about winning region or substate. I don't think they will win state but there is always that chance at least a lot farther then anybody else out of this district has. Also what teams would McEwen play thats from Nashville thats a 1A Division team? There aren't two many 1A schools in Nashville let alone a good one.

You are bad wrong if you think Sub state will be a breeze. Stown and Wayne Co may be playing bad now but don't expect to just walk over them in a win or go home game. Plus Mt. Pleasant and Perry County are both better than McEwen.

You are bad wrong if you think Sub state will be a breeze. Stown and Wayne Co may be playing bad now but don't expect to just walk over them in a win or go home game. Plus Mt. Pleasant and Perry County are both better than McEwen.

First off, don't listen to Follower93. No one else from around here thinks Sub-State will be a breeze. Especially since we're 0-2 in the past 2 years. I do have to disagree with you saying Mt. Pleasant is better than McEwen though. I have thought all along that McEwen would end up playing Mt. Pleasant at home in their Sub-State game, and Mt. Pleasant does worry me, but I wouldn't say they are better. There is no way to judge McEwen to Mt. Pleasant, or even to Perry Co for that matter. McEwen is capable of beating anyone, but are also just as capable of getting beat. When it comes down to the win or go home games, anything can happen. It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds here in the next 2 months.

First off, don't listen to Follower93. No one else from around here thinks Sub-State will be a breeze. Especially since we're 0-2 in the past 2 years. I do have to disagree with you saying Mt. Pleasant is better than McEwen though. I have thought all along that McEwen would end up playing Mt. Pleasant at home in their Sub-State game, and Mt. Pleasant does worry me, but I wouldn't say they are better. There is no way to judge McEwen to Mt. Pleasant, or even to Perry Co for that matter. McEwen is capable of beating anyone, but are also just as capable of getting beat. When it comes down to the win or go home games, anything can happen. It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds here in the next 2 months.

i think it'll be Mt.Pleasant @ McEwen...and whoever gets beat by yall @ Perry Co. for the sub-state...IF PC plays like they have and not let up