District 10A

McEwenAlumni

First off, don't listen to Follower93. No one else from around here thinks Sub-State will be a breeze. Especially since we're 0-2 in the past 2 years. I do have to disagree with you saying Mt. Pleasant is better than McEwen though. I have thought all along that McEwen would end up playing Mt. Pleasant at home in their Sub-State game, and Mt. Pleasant does worry me, but I wouldn't say they are better. There is no way to judge McEwen to Mt. Pleasant, or even to Perry Co for that matter. McEwen is capable of beating anyone, but are also just as capable of getting beat. When it comes down to the win or go home games, anything can happen. It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds here in the next 2 months.

Just because your 0-2 does't change that fact your a better team this year. I think we can win Sub-State pretty easy by the way KC360 unless we get Perry County for some reason then I believe that it will be a good game. I don't think Summertown, Wayne County, or even Mt.Pleasant will be that bad they should be a pretty easy win. As i say that though I have never see Mt. Pleasant play but from the years past they seem to be a team that chokes come torment tim but so has McEwen for substate.

Mecewen beats HC tonight by about 8 points or so was a close game throughout. Mc has a great team that point guard of theres is something else he carried them the whole game... HC though played a great game to that nolen kid is a great player also... I wouldnt wanna play HC in a win or go home game if they can keep playing like they did tonight...

Quick poll question.

What is McEwen more concerned about the upcoming season?

A. WHH or anybody in the district for that matter.

B. Run-out Music.

C. T-shirts for student section.

D. Selecting team warm-up suits and shoes.

I can assure you it's not A.

The only thing the McEwen team this year is thinking about is making it to the glass house.

Like I have said on another topic, George Bedsales isn't that good, he fouls out almost every game and was a non factor against McEwen last year, and until I see these new players yal keep proclaiming are so good, I'm disregarding them as simple role players who couldn't crack McEwen's top 5.

heritage will win Edited by Nike44

Clarksville Academy is gonna shock a lot of people this year. They just beat two 3A teams in scrimmages with 3 starters out and 2 subs. And CA's big guy held a guy against one of the games that is going to west point to only 8 points.

Edited by Nike44

McEwen improves to 16-0. They didn't play their best last night but give credit to East Robertson for playing so well. They shot pretty lights out. McEwen is really being held together by their PG Garrett Mullinicks. He is averaging over 20 points and seems to have a double-double every game. The only problem is that we are going to need everyone to step up when tournament time comes around. I'm really looking forward to the McEwen @ WHH in 2 weeks.

After watching a couple games at Nashville Christian I have to say that place is the worst. Too many of their fans are far from "Christian" for one thing, but beyond that the gym itself is ridiculous beyond imagination. I wish the TSSAA would do an inspection as there's no way it's within regulations. The front row of bleachers is absurdly close to the court and can't possibly be within the rules. Then they allow students to stand on the court which is right on the sidelines. Players can't even throw a ball inbounds without a big ordeal. It's an accident waiting to happen. Basketball is played at a fast pace, especially boys obviously. And some day a kid is going to fly into the bleacher and get seriously hurt. If they keep playing there it's bound to happen. The gym was outdated about 15 years ago and needs to be replaced immediately. Beyond that, the seating is horrid, with very little overall and you can't sit without someone's knee in your back. Even for a smaller person. Each row of the bleachers is so close together it just doesn't leave room for the average person. Maybe a small middle school kid, but not much beyond that. Come on NCS, do something about the embarrassment that is your gym. For a private school to have what's the worst facility in the District by a longshot is crazy. Have pride in your institution and replace that piece of junk.

After watching a couple games at Nashville Christian I have to say that place is the worst. Too many of their fans are far from "Christian" for one thing, but beyond that the gym itself is ridiculous beyond imagination. I wish the TSSAA would do an inspection as there's no way it's within regulations. The front row of bleachers is absurdly close to the court and can't possibly be within the rules. Then they allow students to stand on the court which is right on the sidelines. Players can't even throw a ball inbounds without a big ordeal. It's an accident waiting to happen. Basketball is played at a fast pace, especially boys obviously. And some day a kid is going to fly into the bleacher and get seriously hurt. If they keep playing there it's bound to happen. The gym was outdated about 15 years ago and needs to be replaced immediately. Beyond that, the seating is horrid, with very little overall and you can't sit without someone's knee in your back. Even for a smaller person. Each row of the bleachers is so close together it just doesn't leave room for the average person. Maybe a small middle school kid, but not much beyond that. Come on NCS, do something about the embarrassment that is your gym. For a private school to have what's the worst facility in the District by a longshot is crazy. Have pride in your institution and replace that piece of junk.

DEAD ON !!!

I know that W H Heritage beat the snot out of Houston Co last night. I was not there but got word from one who was there. But for the life of me I can not find the score, the game was at Houston Co. The home team is SUPPOST TO call in the score to the Tennessean.... :angry: I'm assuming they were too embarrased to do so. C'mon people.

C'mon McEwen we are ready for you too. :thumb: WWIII coming soon.

I know that W H Heritage beat the snot out of Houston Co last night. I was not there but got word from one who was there. But for the life of me I can not find the score, the game was at Houston Co. The home team is SUPPOST TO call in the score to the Tennessean.... :angry: I'm assuming they were too embarrased to do so. C'mon people.

From what i have heard WHH beat them by 12. I think Reid was there leading scorer with 16 had 3 or 4 threes and Nolan was Houston Countys leading scorer with about 16 also. It looks like Reid is starting to heat up from the three line havent seen many games this year. Is this true??

I will be looking forward to next Friday all week. If McEwen wins, it will all but lock up an undefeated regular season for us. If Heritage wins, it will give those kids a mountain of confidence which could be scary come tournament time.