BA vs. Christian Brothers

nike7

The funny thing is when you look back at the post after the BA/MBA game the post were much different. Would you consider BA beating a #1 ranked Baylor a big game? I totally accepted the losses against ENS and Trinity. I don't know if anyone can catch Elder thus ENS is my hands down pick for the state. ENS will probably be a tad better and Elder will probably be faster in 2012. BA absolutely had a bad game in Memphis (I am with you on the 12 men on the field). I was sitting here at my computer in disbelief but you know what, it happens just like it happened to ENS at Baylor. BA finishes 9-3......not bad especially considering they threw in the best team in the nation to start off the season.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a coach can be on the hot seat for having 7 or 8 wins per season. BA has very high expectations for their football program. All BA has to do is take a short walk to the back of campus and knock on Carlton's door and he will fix their problems.

Carlton Flatt was a great coach but is not the answer to BA's coaching issues - not at all. you're living in the past. You might want to look at the last 5 yrs of Coach flatt's time at BA.

The funny thing is when you look back at the post after the BA/MBA game the post were much different. Would you consider BA beating a #1 ranked Baylor a big game? I totally accepted the losses against ENS and Trinity. I don't know if anyone can catch Elder thus ENS is my hands down pick for the state. ENS will probably be a tad better and Elder will probably be faster in 2012. BA absolutely had a bad game in Memphis (I am with you on the 12 men on the field). I was sitting here at my computer in disbelief but you know what, it happens just like it happened to ENS at Baylor. BA finishes 9-3......not bad especially considering they threw in the best team in the nation to start off the season.

Good comments but consider this - BA actually had many opportunities to win the Baylor game by far more - strange play calling and yes poor ref calls but still...

No doubt Trinity is a powerhouse - have you seen how they are dismantling strong pgms in Ohio? BA actually did better than most

Still, we can do better. You sit in the stands and shake your head at some of the calls that go on. Someone said "in over his head" - right now, the evidence says that is true

I don't think he could take not having the full power/final say. It's his way or the high way.

This is one of the big issues. Ralph has a very big ego and wants zero input unless he asks for it - have seen it 1st hand. I agree BA needs an OC and i also think they need to separate the AD spot from the football HC spot. If you are a BA fan, not sure if you looked but the trend in most HS sports is pointing south

Wow. I didn't know that so many BA fans disliked Potter. This thread has been very interesting to read. If CBHS had not beaten BA....would their have been so much talk about Potter?

Honestly, I've been a Potter supporter until this season. There were some rumbles the last year or two, but I was always quick to defend him. This year he lost me. I lost faith after seeing him waste talent last year and this year. Watching talented kids being out there but not given the opportunity to use their skill set. Some of the starters this year might as well not be in because they were never even an option on most plays, and instead were put in positions that don't nessicarily fit their skill set. Also, I always thought there were means to his madness, but now I'm not so sure. While at BA his teams have been undisiplined and underperform, which points to his coaching. This is his 5th year, those boys knew nothing but him as a coach, and it's not looking good. So I'm done buying into him.

Good comments but consider this - BA actually had many opportunities to win the Baylor game by far more - strange play calling and yes poor ref calls but still...

No doubt Trinity is a powerhouse - have you seen how they are dismantling strong pgms in Ohio? BA actually did better than most

Still, we can do better. You sit in the stands and shake your head at some of the calls that go on. Someone said "in over his head" - right now, the evidence says that is true

I will have to throw in my comment regarding BA doing better than most against Trinity. On the offensive side of the ball MBA did better than any inside or outside of TN. scoring 21 points. On the defensive side MBA got killed but I will reiterate that there was no mercy rule in KY as in TN.

I will have to throw in my comment regarding BA doing better than most against Trinity. On the offensive side of the ball MBA did better than any inside or outside of TN. scoring 21 points. On the defensive side MBA got killed but I will reiterate that there was no mercy rule in KY as in TN.

This whole thread had kinda wandered off but you completely went away from it. To your point of more points against Trinity and no mercy rule, it does give them more time to score on your defense but it also give MBA more time to get garbage time TD's so your mercy rule statement actually discredits their offense performance.

This whole thread had kinda wandered off but you completely went away from it. To your point of more points against Trinity and no mercy rule, it does give them more time to score on your defense but it also give MBA more time to get garbage time TD's so your mercy rule statement actually discredits their offense performance.

Sure, if that makes you feel better.

Sure, if that makes you feel better.

Makes me feel better? I don't care if y'all scored more against Trinity. Y'all still lost by 45 points. We got our tails whipped too, and so has everyone that Trinity has played. It seems to me your the one fishing for things to "make you feel better". If I want to feel better, I think that even though this was a disappointing year for BA, we still went into MBA's house and whipped up on them.

This isn't about BA vs MBA or about Trinity so let's not make it about those things. I'm done talking about that.

Edited by nike7