West Carroll at Wayne County

theGURU

I was doing some research and this game is going to be very ugly. I am thinking it will be a 40-50 point win for Wayne County.

yea i no these boys aint gunna come out flat cause they want this way to bad there gunna come out slingin so hope this west carroll bunch brings there A game ,not tryin to be disrespectful but thts the facts ...an good luck to yal this week would love to see yal if we make it past west carroll..

Good luck to both of you but let me be the first to let you know that you will not like either of the teams waiting for you. I hope it is my Pirates so we can drop the mercy rule on another in the big game.

I have no clue about South Pitt this year, but if yall mercy rule Wayne Co., Yall could compete against and potentially win against any team in any division in Tennessee.

I was doing some research and this game is going to be very ugly. I am thinking it will be a 40-50 point win for Wayne County.

I don't think it will be that bad. If it starts getting out of hand, Coach Rice will pull his starters. I say WC wins it 42-12. Good luck, Cats. Looking forward to watching you play in the big game next week!

This is a good example of how Wayne Co. isn't taking any team lightly and have been on a mission since the very start of the season. Also, this is why we could very well do it this year.

Times Daily writes on November 24,

....."Wayne County receiver and safety Peyton Mathis said there is no chance the Wildcats are looking past West Carroll to a championship game appearance.

"(West Carroll) has won the games they needed to win to get here," he said. "They deserve to be here. We can't take them lightly."

....."Wayne County is in the midst of an excellent three-year run. The Wildcats are 34-3 in the past 37 games and this is the second time in three seasons they have reached the semifinals.

According to Rice, defense has made the difference this season. "We were 10-2 last year but we weren't very good on defense," he said. "We're night and day better. Going into the season we had 10 players back on defense. I knew that would either be good or bad. We've got a year's experience and we got a little stronger and quicker over the summer. Moving Boston Ray to middle linebacker has made a big difference."

Wayne County allows 12.2 points per game, but during the regular season the bulk of the 147 points the Wildcats have allowed came in the second half of games that were already out of reach. In last week's win. Huntingdon scored 10 points off Wayne County mistakes in the punting game.

Rice said it is hard to temper his enthusiasm for a possible trip to the state championship game.

"From a personal standpoint, I'm not getting any younger and this might be my best shot to get there," Rice said. "To go to the championship game with my son at quarterback, that would be great. I just want to get there. I want my coaches and players to get there so we can say we got to go at least one time.""

This is why I believe that the Wayne Co. Wildcats will be more fired up and ready to take care of business than any other game this season to this point!!! GO WILDCATS!!!! thumb[1].gif

i never made it to be undefeated or have a chance to play in the las game ,neither has many an many other high school fb players..we dream about it from the ages of 4 an 5 an give it 110 percent all year but it dont work tht way..you dont always win every game or even make it to the playoffs no matter how much heart or how hard u try ..but for some, these boys have givin us the closest feeling to tht we will ever reach in our life...so for any of u wayne county fb players.. read this ,this is from me an so many other people tht has dedicated there summers,winters and has poured sweat an blood to be were ur at right now ..thank u for bringin this feeling to us an makin our dreams come true an making all of it worth while.. wish yal the best of luck get tht W this friday so we can make it happen..

i never made it to be undefeated or have a chance to play in the las game ,neither has many an many other high school fb players..we dream about it from the ages of 4 an 5 an give it 110 percent all year but it dont work tht way..you dont always win every game or even make it to the playoffs no matter how much heart or how hard u try ..but for some, these boys have givin us the closest feeling to tht we will ever reach in our life...so for any of u wayne county fb players.. read this ,this is from me an so many other people tht has dedicated there summers,winters and has poured sweat an blood to be were ur at right now ..thank u for bringin this feeling to us an makin our dreams come true an making all of it worth while.. wish yal the best of luck get tht W this friday so we can make it happen..

Good post,