Henry County vs Hendersonville

titanfan33

Most every team progresses and becomes much stronger during the season, and HC is no exception. They were incredibly strong early in the season, so I can only imagine how well they're playing now. I dont believe Hendersonville will lay down, but I also dont see them pulling out a victory against this team either. I expect to see HC and Powell in a couple of weeks.

Also, could someone share info on how to listen/watch the game this Friday?

www.wmufradio.com streams the games online.

#10 Caleb Counce is being recruited. A little bird told me he will end up at Vandy with the left tackle.

From what I've read Vandy is trying to get him in. Aren't he and Jelks best friends? Gotta to think about it, kid's dad was playing College football at MTSU when he was a baby, Granddad is a coach, so he's been around football all his life so he's got a HIGH football IQ. He played a heckuva game at FB against Ridgeway, scoring two tds, plays DE/LB and if my eyes didn't play tricks on me he was LONG SNAPPING Friday night. A great long snapper is worth a scholarship alone when it comes to finding a good one. Former Henry County AA John Hudson who played at Auburn won a Super Bowl ring with the Ravens by long snapping. Whatever College coach that get's his foot in the door at that program will get well coached kids who are fundamentally sound and no strangers to hard work. Like him, don't like him it doesn't matter, James Counce is one the best high school football coaches around. His teams will be prepared and I guarantee his team will be in better shape than yours during the four quarter. James Counce Jr is probably one of the best strength/conditioning coaches in TSSAA. Not going to beat his teams in the weight room either. If he isn't Duck/Goose hunting Counce is thinking football 365 days a year. That's what it takes. He was the best coach Dyersburg ever had, he just didn't have the TALENT he has at Henry County. I can see them going far every year he is there. I don't personally know the kid but you can see where he would benefit some college program. I can imagine he would be like having an extra coach on the field.

Edited by StevieRayVol

i already have my opinion on the upcoming game, but serious question. who all on henry county's team is being recruited? i know the left tackle committed to vandy (kid is a beast by the way), but i was also impressed with the speed of their qb #7. and #10 is just a flat out good football player. he impressed me both at fullback/halfback, and at linebacker. are they being recruited by division 1 schools as well?

Yes. Caleb Counce is being recruited. I too have heard Vanderbilt is showing interest, and he also holds offers from Cincinnati and Duke.

As for #7 Najee Ray, I really couldn't tell you. I haven't seen a recruiting profile or any updates. He certainly has Division 1 speed, and I would be surprised if he doesn't end up playing at a D1 school, albeit probably a smaller D1 school. There are also 1 or 2 other Patriots with Division 1 hopes.

They will, Hendersonville is good and it will be a good game. I expect HC to pull out a close 1, 21-17, but expect the 42-14 like predictions from 1 or 2 of the HC faithful.....

fixed

I honestly have no clue what to expect from this game score-wise. I think we have a good shot to finally get over the hump, but I also believe we will be facing our toughest test yet. With that said, if we're clicking on all cylinders, I could see us taking it in a more dominant fashion than we did last week. You could argue last weeks game could've been won by a much wider margin, but you could also make an argument for Ridgeway that it could've been even closer. There are simply too many factors that happen over the course of a game, especially during the playoffs, to ever make a definitive prediction. These kids are truly out there giving it their all. I'm expecting a good game, win or lose. I just want to see us win, and I really don't care how we get it.

Edited by RedSwarm10

the same could be said for hendersonville.

and i'm not doubting hc. they are a truly good football team this year. better than i was expecting when i first arrived in paris friday night. talent everywhere. if they had a more potent passing attack i believe they would win this one going away. but i just think hendersonville will find a way to pull it out. many of these players have been there before, and know what it takes to go to the championship game. i think that will come into play as well...that late round playoff experience.

So Waveyard...in short...you too had "bought in" to the "weak district" conspiracy that many of your 9-AAA bethren spoke (or continue to speak) about!? Otherwise..what exactly were you expecting Friday night? Also..not as if this is "breaking news" but Hendersonville..although talented, very welled coached (scheme-wise), and battle tested, will not be near as athletic and physically talented as were the Roadrunners from Ridgeway! That being said...certainly the Commandos "could" win this week in Paris...they've beaten Henry County all 4 times they have played the Patriots. But..they've never beaten "this" team. And "this" team is a much better team than the one the Hendersonville faithful saw last year.

Deep down Waveyard...I assume you want to see "your district" team win the title. Other than that...I believe your last statement above that is highlighted to be nothing more than your "gut wish" and not based on any formula you have drawn up to back you theory....Nonetheless....we welcome you as any other back to our friendly stadium Friday night!

Edited by QBClubPrez

So Waveyard...in short...you too had "bought in" to the "weak district" conspiracy that many of your 9-AAA bethren spoke (or continue to speak) about!? Otherwise..what exactly were you expecting Friday night? Also..not as if this is "breaking news" but Hendersonville..although talented, very welled coached (scheme-wise), and battle tested, will not be near as athletic and physically talented as were the Roadrunners from Ridgeway! That being said...certainly the Commandos "could" win this week in Paris...they've beaten Henry County all 4 times they have played the Patriots. But..they've never beaten "this" team. And "this" team is a much better team than the one the Hendersonville faithful saw last year.

Deep down Waveyard...I assume you want to see "your district" team win the title. Other than that...I believe your last statement above that is highlighted to be nothing more than your "gut wish" and not based on any formula you have drawn up to back you theory....Nonetheless....we welcome you as any other back to our friendly stadium Friday night!

Would it be a stretch to say they played "this" team last year, or 70% of this team, and this team is just a year older, bigger, more experienced, etc? Or should we just leave it alone?

Would it be a stretch to say they played "this" team last year, or 70% of this team, and this team is just a year older, bigger, more experienced, etc? Or should we just leave it alone?

Yeah..I'd probably leave that one alone. You know Facts...I kinda like the quietness that hovered over the "Patriot City" last week as gametime approached...kinda like we were in the "eye of the storm"!