Henry County vs Hendersonville

titanfan33

I expect Hendersonville to give us an even tougher game than Ridgeway did, honestly. They are well coached, fundamentally sound, and even though they run a wing-t offense, they will bring with them the best passing attack we've seen all year. The battle in the trenches will be absolutely key. And for goodness sakes, tuck the dang ball. We cannot have those drive killing turnovers.

All in all, I'm expecting another classic at Patriot Stadium next Friday.

Edited by RedSwarm10

I expect Hendersonville to give us an even tougher game than Ridgeway did, honestly. They are well coached, fundamentally sound, and even though they run a wing-t offense, they will bring with them the best passing attack we've seen all year. The battle in the trenches will be absolutely key. And for goodness sakes, tuck the dang ball. We cannot have those drive killing turnovers.

This.....even though Hendersonville does not have as good of a record as they did last year, I believe they are better this year. They lost to Gallaton, Riverdale, Mt.Juliet, and Franklin, so dont be fooled by the 4 losses. This will be a hard fought game.....

This.....even though Hendersonville does not have as good of a record as they did last year, I believe they are better this year. They lost to Gallaton, Riverdale, Mt.Juliet, and Franklin, so dont be fooled by the 4 losses. This will be a hard fought game.....

Hey Kevin, Not trying to sound like a smart-butt but what do u think happened with the Beech game? Some of us weren't expecting that close of a game. Were they missing one or two key players or did someone get hurt during the game? :unsure:

Edited by Free2speak

Hey Kevin, Not trying to sound like a smart-butt but what do u think happened with the Beech game? Some of us weren't expecting that close of a game. Were they missing one or two key players or did someone get hurt during the game? :unsure:

Honestly, that is just what you get when any of the 3 Hendersonville, Gallatin, and Beech play, especially in the play-offs. You can throw out the records, those teams will play each other close, 1 will blow 1 out in the reg season, and then when they meet again in the post season the 1 that got blown out will beat the other by a blow out. Also, Beech has dramatically improved over the course of the season.....

I know you weren't' asking me, but;

That's just district 9AAA for you. Seems like something like that happens every single year. I remember last season, Hendersonville lost to Gallatin in the final game of the regular season, and then turned around and blew them out the following week in the 1st round of the playoffs. Not to mention, to my understanding, Beech is a young football team. They've probably gotten quite a bit better over the course of the season.

Honestly, that is just what you get when any of the 3 Hendersonville, Gallatin, and Beech play, especially in the play-offs. You can throw out the records, those teams will play each other close, 1 will blow 1 out in the reg season, and then when they meet again in the post season the 1 that got blown out will beat the other by a blow out. Also, Beech has dramatically improved over the course of the season.....

Nevermind. Beat me to the punch.

i saw the hc-ridgeway game. i have a hard time seeing hendersonville going to paris and losing. they are explosive, well coached, and are battle tested. they play assignment football defensively and will adjust accordingly as the game progresses. hc is also well coached when it comes to doing what they do, and both of their lines are dominant.

henry county beat a pretty good ridgeway team, but they don't have much of a passing game to speak of. mostly just rollouts and hardly anything intermediate or deep. it might take a while and require some adjustments over the course of the game, but hendersonville will find a way to stop the run, and hc really has nothing to counter that with unless their qb can hit some passes. hc does have a really good defense, and that will probably make this worth the price of admission. but hendersonville simply has more ways it can beat you. not to mention, hendersonville is the underdog, they are on the road against an undefeated team. they have basically no pressure on them, because everyone is expecting them to lose. they will play loose because of it, and probably play better because of it. i have no clue how this year's hc team will respond to pressure of this magnitude, but i'd like to make it back and see this game as well.

hhs- 24

hc- 17

Edited by waveyard14

good post.

Please keep doubting us...it keeps us from losing.

The doubters doubt; we win.

RRR!!!

the same could be said for hendersonville.

and i'm not doubting hc. they are a truly good football team this year. better than i was expecting when i first arrived in paris friday night. talent everywhere. if they had a more potent passing attack i believe they would win this one going away. but i just think hendersonville will find a way to pull it out. many of these players have been there before, and know what it takes to go to the championship game. i think that will come into play as well...that late round playoff experience.

Edited by waveyard14

I would have rather seen Gallatin and HC play, better personnel matchups. Of course, this is coming from the same guy that was hoping both Hendersonville and Beech would lose last week. Hendersonville has gotten better throughout the year as well as Beech, however, HC is superior this year. I believe HC will not have a letdown and will tighten up after the RW game. HC 34 to HH 17

As to Beech getting better as season went on. HC played them in thier first game at Beech. Won 37-17. Then Beech went and played Hendersonville in regular season and handidly lost 6-23. Beech then played Clarksville in the playoffs and barely won 34-22 a team HC beat 56-8. And again in the playoffs Beech barely lost to Hendersonville 22-23.

So, against Hendersonville, it looks like HC has a pretty good chance at winning. Add the fact that they will be at home gives them en even better edge.

HC 28

HH 17

Edited by titanfan33