FORMER ACTIVE DUTY MARINE/ COACH LOOKING FOR FOOTBALL JOB

DevildogCoachP

Good morning room,

I am a recently discharged active duty United States Marine who is originally from the middle Tennessee area. I am now relocated to Murfreesboro and looking to land a paid coaching/teaching job. I have a non-licensure bachelors degree in Physical Education with a minor in Athletic Coaching from Middle Tennessee State University. Due to a divorce situation while finishing school, I was unable to go through student teaching which would have gotten me a license in PE. Now I am having to work from the Transitional License method unfortunately. Right now, I meet the initial criteria for my major and I am working to finish the last 4 needed classes to meet the 24 hour rule for History. I plan to have that done by the end of the spring semester if not sooner. I have taken the Praxis II exam once for World and US History back in the spring but missed the passing score by 20 points. I plan to retake it in the very near future as well as the exams for PE. My coaching/ playing experience is this, played at Whitthorne Middle School under Gary Hannah in multiple positions from DT to Wingback in the Power I, played at Columbia Central High School as a fullback/middle linebacker and was a member of the 1994 Lions Bowl Champion team. I lettered in varsity football my freshman year playing fullback/middle linebacker, being one of 4 players to make varsity that year. I went on to join the Marine Corps in 1998 after graduation from high school.

Coaching wise, I was a student assistant equipment manager with the Middle Tennessee State University football program for almost 2 full years where I worked for the LB Coach at the time, Art Kaufman and then my second year with the Defensive Line Coach Les Herrin. I received a letter of recommendation for my volunteer time from the current director of football operations. Recently I volunteered with the Camp Lejeune Bulldogs Semi-Professional team, a member of the Gridiron Developmental Football League out of Memphis. There I worked under the Defensive Coordinator/ Assistant Head Coach Len Kuhn who played collegiately for Michigan somewhere around the Woody Hayes/ Schembechler era or before and then professionally in the NFL for the old Saint Louis Cardinals. There we ran the 4-4 with the ability to step back into a 3-5. Overall for the season, we ended up with a 7-3 record, made the playoffs in our first year in the league, pitched 3 shutouts, and allowed a league low average of 8 points per game. Currently several Marines are getting attention from NC State and several other Division 1 or Division 2 programs to play football on scholarships. I also received a letter of recommendation and future reference for my services there as well. I also assisted with special teams while serving as the linebacker coach.

If you are looking for a role model for your young men and a passionate individual about football, then look no further. While I don't have the years of teaching experience in a classroom or high school coaching experience, you have to understand, I have been serving my country for 9 of the last 13 years. I was honorable discharged due to a medical injury sustained while preparing for a combat deployment to Afghanistan with my unit at the time 3d Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment. I am now a disabled veteran looking to start his life over and have the career of my dreams. There is nothing more I love than leading young men and women, mentoring young men and women, and coaching football. I have all the tools, just need help networking at the high school level. I can forward my resume and other pertinent information upon request via email. I can be emailed at pottsfamily04@att.net. Thank you for your time.

Semper Fi!

Edited by DevildogCoachP