Friendship christian Baseball.

horsepig11

The difference in a public school and a private school is there aren't any zoning laws restrict privates. That is the problem I have with the whole private/public debate. The little post that was quoted from me in that earlier post was a joke, it gets under some people's skin fairly easy. You mentioned that you all have a transfer from Gordonsville now playing for you all. If my understanding is correct he can go right in and start playing. Had he trasfered to a public school he would have to sit a year out, or move to another location with in the school zone. If all schools were zoned the sameway then I could careless who goes where and plays where, but when all you have to do is be willing to drive that is what gets me. There is a big difference in willingness to drive than actually uprooting your family to move.

I understand what your saying, it's just that he doesn't just drive to friendship. If that was the case then he would have to sit out a year. He had to move at least 25 miles or whatever it is to become eligible and that's what has happened. Transfer rules are the same for privates as they are publics. Not to mention from what I hear, he likes the school a lot more then he did at gordonsville so I'd say it's a good fit. What you said didn't bother me, just the other comment did

Edited by CommanderMan

lol! Yeah...let us recruit good players from the other schools and then practice exclusion to keep the undesirables out by creating barriers to entry with the $ of the privileged..but, but, but let us play against the other public schools who dont have our advantages....Thats real fair. Oh, I almost forgot, let me ring my loud*$$ cowbell in the other fans ears and distract the other teams players. Thats a good crew there at FC. By the way, I am from Public School USA!

You must be from Bummertown, oh I mean Summertown.

From what I understand about transfers almost every case is different. If a player attends a public school and is rostered on a team then transers ( does not move) to another school ( private or public ) said player will have to sit for a year from the date that he last played for the previous school.

However I have seen players transfer from a private to a pulbic and not have to sit due economic hardships that force the player back to public school in the district that coresponds to their address.

If you move ( literally move ) from one district to another for instance from Memphis area to Nashville then you would not have to sit a year.

I have gone through this process twice before and each case was different. It generally involves paperwork, TSSAA and the athletic directors of both the previous school and the future school.

But most of the time going from a public school to a private school when you actually move your address is not a huge issue.

Keep in mind that in some school districts if you are a employee of the county school district your child can attend any public school in the county, but if you have been rostered TSSAA will decide if you have to sit a year.

As for FC recruiting players, all good programs do this, Brentwood Academy, MBA, MJ and Riverdale are some that I know have done this. But I do not think that any rules have been broken.....you should do your research about a certain newspaper mogul and when the Dl and Dll levels were created and why.

I personally have had children attend public schools and private schools, transer schools, been offered scholarships from private schools etc....

A summary of TSSAA Eligibility Rules is provided for your information. Read these rules carefully and be sure that you understand them. ALL ATHLETES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING THE TSSAA RULES.

· A student must earn five credits the preceding school year if less than 24 units are required for graduation or six credits the preceding school year if 24 or more credits are required for graduation. All credits must be earned by the first day of the beginning of the school year.

· A student must be enrolled before the 20th school day of the semester, in regular attendance, and carrying at least five full courses during the present semester.

· A student is permitted eight semesters of eligibility beginning with the ninth grade. Junior division students are permitted four semesters of eligibility beginning with the eighth grade.

· A student shall be ineligible in high school if he or she becomes 19 years of age on or before Aug. 1 or in junior high if he or she becomes 16 years of age on or before Aug. 1.

· Athletes must live at home with their parents.

· In order for a transfer student with an athletic record to be eligible at another school there must be a bona fide change of residence by the athlete's parents.

· All transfer students must be approved by the Executive Director of TSSAA before participating in any game.

· A student who engages in three or more days of practice - including spring practice - with a high school in which he or she is enrolled shall be ineligible in that sport for 12 months if the student enrolls in another school without a corresponding change in the residence of his or her parents.

· A student whose name is listed on the school eligibility report cannot participate in an independent game or meet until the season has closed in that particular sport. (This does not include golf, tennis or bowling.)

· A registered athlete cannot accept any money for athletic skills in any TSSAA sponsored sport.

· An athlete may accept a medal, trophy, high school letter, sweater, jacket, shirt, blazer or blanket for athletic participation but nothing else of commercial value, and these awards must carry the school's letter or other appropriate award emblem.

· All expenses to an athletic camp where specified instruction is offered must be paid by the athlete or his parents.

· When an athlete is charged tuition to attend a school, it must be paid by the parent or bona fide guardian or other family member.

· Any student repeating the 7th grade after having passed the 7th grade or repeating the 8th grade after passing the 8th grade shall not be eligible to participate in athletics during their 9th grade year.

· A student may not participate in an all-star game unless it is sanctioned by the TSSAA and unless he/she has completed high school eligibility in that sport.

Edited by FightinIllini

He for sure meets eligibility, he is playing basketball right now. He and his parents moved the required distance to become eligible

I knew this was the case, I have known the kid and his family since he was 4 yers old. Commanderman, I was just helping you win your arguement. FC has done nothing wrong here, every school does this, there's nothing wrong in doing it, like I said good programs do this, and people move to play at good programs.

Edited by FightinIllini

I knew this was the case, I have known the kid and his family since he was 4 yers old. Commanderman, I was just helping you win your arguement. FC has done nothing wrong here, every school does this, there's nothing wrong in doing it, like I said good programs do this, and people move to play at good programs.

Agreed, did you happen to coach the music city classics last summer?

No I did not coach the Classics but I know the team, the coach parents and the players pretty well......I have four sons all pitchers....younger than you.....but acouple of them have played against you in the summer. My daughter is a FC grad.

Oh okay I still haven't figured ya out, I thought I knew because you referenced the Classics in an earlier post. I played with them one tournament last summer in East Cobb, it was the last time I pitched, I surgery a week later. Glad to hear your sons are pitchers. I hope they never have to have surgery, a repaired arm just isn't the same as the one God gives ya.

No I did not coach the Classics but I know the team, the coach parents and the players pretty well......I have four sons all pitchers....younger than you.....but acouple of them have played against you in the summer. My daughter is a FC grad.

I think I know who you are FightinIllini, first name start with a D, last name begins with S?

The difference in a public school and a private school is there aren't any zoning laws restrict privates. That is the problem I have with the whole private/public debate. The little post that was quoted from me in that earlier post was a joke, it gets under some people's skin fairly easy. You mentioned that you all have a transfer from Gordonsville now playing for you all. If my understanding is correct he can go right in and start playing. Had he trasfered to a public school he would have to sit a year out, or move to another location with in the school zone. If all schools were zoned the sameway then I could careless who goes where and plays where, but when all you have to do is be willing to drive that is what gets me. There is a big difference in willingness to drive than actually uprooting your family to move.

I'm this players father, this shows your ignorance. We moved to Lebanon. My son has always wanted to go so school at friendship Christian. We couldn't afford it when his older brother was in high school. We also raised a local gordonsville child that had no where to live. So we had to wait until he left our household to be able to afford the tuition. My son plays travel ball with alot of the friendship kids and had always begged us to let him go there. We were too busy raising other people's kids that had no home. So my son suffered as a result. Now his dream has come true. We uprooted our family and moved and have sacrificed alot for our son to be able to go to friendship. Oh. I've seen your remarks on here before and it seems you speak alot without knowing the facts. By the way.. My son comes home every day and is amazed at his teachers. His classes. Especially his bible class and Spanish and history class. He was excited to have an act prep class. He talks about school alot more than his sports. So if you would like to discuss this in person I will be at the game Friday night. Please come by and I'll by u a hot dog and cold drink. Oh. Your understanding is not correct. If a kid transfers to a public school, if there is a change of residence and moves to another public school district, that kid is eligible ...

I'm this players father, this shows your ignorance. We moved to Lebanon. My son has always wanted to go so school at friendship Christian. We couldn't afford it when his older brother was in high school. We also raised a local gordonsville child that had no where to live. So we had to wait until he left our household to be able to afford the tuition. My son plays travel ball with alot of the friendship kids and had always begged us to let him go there. We were too busy raising other people's kids that had no home. So my son suffered as a result. Now his dream has come true. We uprooted our family and moved and have sacrificed alot for our son to be able to go to friendship. Oh. I've seen your remarks on here before and it seems you speak alot without knowing the facts. By the way.. My son comes home every day and is amazed at his teachers. His classes. Especially his bible class and Spanish and history class. He was excited to have an act prep class. He talks about school alot more than his sports. So if you would like to discuss this in person I will be at the game Friday night. Please come by and I'll by u a hot dog and cold drink. Oh. Your understanding is not correct. If a kid transfers to a public school, if there is a change of residence and moves to another public school district, that kid is eligible ...

Who is the kid from gordonsville? I heard he was pretty good and also was extremely fast! Did he transfer too friendship?

for a dad, you were asking some funny questions a few months ago regarding your kids status. shouldn't you have been "in the know," or were you just trolling for compliments? roflol.gif