IMAC 2011-2012

Cherokee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Cherokee was the team to beat after the big win against ME last week. But I understand they didn't play well against Sevier County last Friday night. According to the Mountain Press, SC was down four starters and lead at halftime. This sounds like the same Cherokee team from last year - great one night and average the next. It may be that Cherokee relies so much on the 3. Anyway, my guess is that ME will win the next round and they will split the regular season championship. Sevier County appears to be in 3rd position which is really surprising due to all of the injuries. It's anyone's guess after that.

Cherokee certainly did not shoot the ball well in the first half against SC Friday. Sevier Co. is more patient with the ball than almost any other high school team I have ever saw. They kept the Chiefs from having alot of possessions. In the 2 nd half the Chiefs caused several turnovers and shot it better. 25 point win at home certainly does not guarantee a win at Morristown East. By the way , does anyone know how Casey Smith's foot is? Because he was limping badly in the second half last week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you see the Sevier County/ Cherokee game last night? Big win for a beat up Sevier County team. This will make the late season match up with ME more interesting.

Yes, Sevier Co. played great at the end of the game and my Chiefs fell apart. Sevier Co. took care of the ball with patience all night whereas we turned it over at the end of the game and took shots when we should have held it.

I do have to congratulate the Chiefs on a good win tonight over Greeneville.

Yes, Sevier Co. played great at the end of the game and my Chiefs fell apart. Sevier Co. took care of the ball with patience all night whereas we turned it over at the end of the game and took shots when we should have held it.

I do have to congratulate the Chiefs on a good win tonight over Greeneville.

Any thoughts on IMAC Player of the Year? Scales and Wheeler. What about Schmidt? Any others?

Cherokee it sounds like Coach Burquist is pretty confident about his team's ability right now. I know Cherokee plays ME tomorrow night. It should be a great game. Below is Coach Burquist's comments in the Citizen Tribune last week. Sounds pretty bold to me. Good luck tomorrow night!

Coach Berquist said his team is a force to be reckoned with when they are playing at their potential.

“Our guys came out and made a statement,†said Berquist. “I’m not trying to sound conceded, but we’re not at the top of the conference for no reason. If we can put together a first quarter like we did tonight for a complete game, there’s probably not a team in the conference or region that’s going to have a chance at the end.â€

Cherokee it sounds like Coach Burquist is pretty confident about his team's ability right now. I know Cherokee plays ME tomorrow night. It should be a great game. Below is Coach Burquist's comments in the Citizen Tribune last week. Sounds pretty bold to me. Good luck tomorrow night!

Coach Berquist said his team is a force to be reckoned with when they are playing at their potential.

“Our guys came out and made a statement,†said Berquist. “I’m not trying to sound conceded, but we’re not at the top of the conference for no reason. If we can put together a first quarter like we did tonight for a complete game, there’s probably not a team in the conference or region that’s going to have a chance at the end.â€

Edited by Cherokee

Morristown East is playing good basketball right now and I've never talked to Him or heard anyone else talk to him when he wasn't confident. I'd probably be more surprised if he acted like Bill Belichick and bragged on Cherokee. We shot the ball VERY well in the first game and it would be unlikely that we would shoot that well this time, but we won that game with our defense and our defense has been consistently good for most of the year.