FC Rebel Baseball Coach

chief91

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma was better than Franklin Co last year, but if remember correctly, the Rebels swept THS at Tullahoma last season.

Tullahoma won 11 to 6 when they played at Tullahoma. Franklin Co. won 10 to 5 when they played at Franklin Co.

I don't think coaching or players have been the problem at FC. To me its more school admin. causing problems.

Tullahoma won 11 to 6 when they played at Tullahoma. Franklin Co. won 10 to 5 when they played at Franklin Co.

I don't think coaching or players have been the problem at FC. To me its more school admin. causing problems.

Franklin Co swept Tullahoma last by scores of 10-6 and 10-5. We lost in district 11-6 after giving up 8 1st inning runs. We blew our chances during the regular season and 2nd place seeding by being swept by Lawerance Co. and then dropping a 1st round game to Lincoln Co 2-0. What really hurt was losing our #1 Pitcher (Dillon Davis)before the season even started, even though others stepped up.

You are right though our admin is horrible in supporting any athletics which is probably one reason why we lose players to other schools and "good" coaching. As for coaching, last year we should have done better than we did and most blame it on our coaching. It wasn't great or even good by any measure, but we did have enough talent to finish in the top two...and didn't.

I don't think we have deep enough talent to compete for the top two spots this year. Add an unproven coach could make for a very long season.

Brewer and Roberts don't hit or pitch so I am not sure it matters. They simply arent as good as the other two teams.

Last time I checked, NO coach hits or pitches for any team. But they are supposed to know how to hit and pitch so they can teach it. Talented coaching and good athletes make a great combo and should win. Take bad coaching and a good athletes and you can become average or worse. But I've seen good coaching take average talent and win with it. So in my opinion coaching does "matter".