District 8-AAA

FUNanGUN

The District 8AAA boys championship will be decided Tuesday night at Tullahoma. THS currently is in 1st place and Lincoln Co 2nd,trailing the Cats by 1 game and they play Tuesday night at Tullahoma. Lawrence Co visits Tullahoma on Friday. Big week for Tullahoma with Coffee Co visiting on Sat. Although its not a district game, Coffee Co upset the Cats earlier in the season in Manchester and the Cats remember that game very well. Tullahoma's only district loss was at Lincoln Co.

Lincoln Co beat Tullahoma 50-49 Tuesday night at Tullahoma to complete a sweep of the Cats. They are tied for 1st place with Tullahoma, but Lincoln Co owns the tiebreaker. I think Lincoln Co and Columbia play Friday night and Lawrence Co travels to Tullahoma. Tullahoma can still get a bye in the tourney with a win over Lawrence Co, but if Lawrence Co wins, things could get tricky. I do know this, Tullahoma has swept Columbia, Columbia swept Lawrence Co and Lawrence Co swept Lincoln Co and Lincoln Co swept Tullahoma during the regular season. It should be an interesting district tournament at Lawrence Co.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma backed into 2nd place in District 8AAA with Shelbyville's win over Lawrence Co Tuesday night, so Tullahoma will receive a bye in the district tournament in Lawrenceburg and will be going to the Region tournament. I guess the biggest question now for the Cats will be who is in their district tournament bracket. The district tournament will be exciting because of the balance of the teams. Tullahoma has a good chance of winning the tournament, unless they wait until the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter to get their act together, like the Tuesday game with Lincoln Co.

Tullahoma backed into 2nd place in District 8AAA with Shelbyville's win over Lawrence Co Tuesday night, so Tullahoma will receive a bye in the district tournament in Lawrenceburg and will be going to the Region tournament. I guess the biggest question now for the Cats will be who is in their district tournament bracket. The district tournament will be exciting because of the balance of the teams. Tullahoma has a good chance of winning the tournament, unless they wait until the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter to get their act together, like the Tuesday game with Lincoln Co.

Looks like Tullahoma will play the winner of the Franklin Co-Columbia game on Sat in the semi-finals.

The district tournament has turned out to be a really good one this year. LCHS finished a 3-0 clean sweep of a good Lincoln County team on Saturday to move on the district championship for the third year in a row! I can not remember the last time LCHS has ever been able to do that. Tullahoma played a good game vs. Columbia Sat. night as well, and let them get back into it in the fourth quarter. LCHS is looking to defend their district championship from last season with a MUCH less talented team. The game on Tuesday night should be a good one, and either team is really deserving.

Does anyone know who the four teams that our district is projected to play in the opposite region? I know LCHS/Tullahoma already have a home game for first round in the region, and LCHS will need all the help they can get.

The district tournament has turned out to be a really good one this year. LCHS finished a 3-0 clean sweep of a good Lincoln County team on Saturday to move on the district championship for the third year in a row! I can not remember the last time LCHS has ever been able to do that. Tullahoma played a good game vs. Columbia Sat. night as well, and let them get back into it in the fourth quarter. LCHS is looking to defend their district championship from last season with a MUCH less talented team. The game on Tuesday night should be a good one, and either team is really deserving.

Does anyone know who the four teams that our district is projected to play in the opposite region? I know LCHS/Tullahoma already have a home game for first round in the region, and LCHS will need all the help they can get.

Blackman and Lavergne play in district 7aaa championship game so winner of this game will play the 4 seed out of district 8. Loser will play the 3 seed from district 8.

Siegel and Smyrna play in the consolation game. Winner of this plays district 7 #2 and loser plays district 7 #1.

These games are tuesday night. If your interested these games are being streamed live at TSSAA Network Video Portal.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

LCHS / Tullahoma gets either Siegal or Smyrna(Blackman and Lavergne play for the championship). Tullahoma and Smyrna spit their series with each winning at home by large margins. They were swept by Lavergne, but swept Oakland and lost one to Riverdale. LCHS lost their series with Riverdale and Blackman.

You are right though that LCHS is looking to defend their District Championship with MUCH less talent than the last two years, which only shows how well LCHS is coached and how horrible 8AAA is from top to bottom. I don't see any team getting past any 7AAA, which I think is down this year too.

I'm looking forward to the game Tuesday night in Lawrenceburg. I agree that Lawrence Co is a very well coached team and even though Tullahoma swept the regular season series, both games were close. Lawrence Co has the homecourt advantage, but Tullahoma could have a mental edge. It should be fun. The folks in Lawrenceburg are always great hosts.

I'm looking forward to the game Tuesday night in Lawrenceburg. I agree that Lawrence Co is a very well coached team and even though Tullahoma swept the regular season series, both games were close. Lawrence Co has the homecourt advantage, but Tullahoma could have a mental edge. It should be fun. The folks in Lawrenceburg are always great hosts.

Lawco home advantage not near as profound w/out organized noise making machine ...

Tullahoma won the District 8AAA tournament championship Tuesday night with a win over Lawrence Co at Lawrencburg 62-50. Tullahoma led from start to finish and got big contributions from their bench in the victory. Lawrence Co played very hard and are well coached, but Tullahoma had the better athletes. Coach Jeff Taylor has done a great job with this team in getting the team to play together and they may be peaking at the right time. Coach Taylor has only been with the team since January after discovering he had colon cancer and has had to undergo lots of chemo treatments. He is expected to fully recover and we're blessed for that. Coach Terry Johnson and Tyler Hatfield did a good job with the team until Coach Taylor returned. It was a great crowd and atmoshere in Lawrenceburg. Lincoln Co, seeded the #1 team in District 8AAA, won the consolation game over Columbia to finish 3rd. Tullahoma will host Smyrna Sat night at 7pm and Lawrence Co will host Siegel in Region play. Lincoln Co and Columbia will have to travel to LaVergne and Blackman Sat in the first round of Region play. Tullahoma improved their record to 19-8.