Region 1-AAA

TommyMan37604

Seymour was down 14-5 when Justus hit a 3 at the end of the first quarter buzzer to make it 14-8 going into the 2nd. until then they had been flat and it was looking like they were going to get ran out of the gym. Seymours post game as a whole has improved as a whole and its allowed them to do more on offense. Its even better that the post players are only freshman and sophomores. With Seagle being injured, this team has really stepped up and played well.

Seymour was down 14-5 when Justus hit a 3 at the end of the first quarter buzzer to make it 14-8 going into the 2nd. until then they had been flat and it was looking like they were going to get ran out of the gym. Seymours post game as a whole has improved as a whole and its allowed them to do more on offense. Its even better that the post players are only freshman and sophomores. With Seagle being injured, this team has really stepped up and played well.

The Lady Eagles are playing great basketball right now. The post players are working super hard down low and the guards are taking the ball off the dribble and able to shoot the 3. The guards need to look more down low for the post players because they are open. It seems as if a couple of the guards don't want to throw it down low. Tonight if they get it in to them they will have a chance to get the East big girls in foul trouble. I do believe that the Eagles can play toe to toe with East and have a chance to bring home the championship. Love the fact they have these freshmen and sophmores to stick around for the next few years. Should be an exciting finish to the year and an exciting future!

I should have said West was up 13-3 towards the end of the 1st quarter. Then the first of eleven "unforced" turnovers began. Can't blame West's loss on one of its starters being injured because Seymour beat West when the starter was healthy. Seymour played a solid game with few mistakes after the first 5 minutes of the game. West, as they did in the earlier loss to Seymour, simply did not play "smart" after they got the lead.

So are saying you don't think East can beat Tenn high? How does east matchup with Seymour? I believe d1 game of the tourney is Boone and THS. It should be a good region and pretty competitive as all the teams are rarely equal IMO except for SH.

In the East-Sevier game, East was playing without its leading scorer (out for the season) and without its starting guard and 3-point threat. Sevier was without its leading scorer and best player. So it was kind of a survival game for both teams. West is without its second leading scorer and Seymour is without its point guard. So none of them should beat Tennessee unless the Vikings have a less than stellar outing. Looks like SH will host the substate and Tennessee will travel to probably Farragut or Bearden ... and Tennessee can beat either of them. So it looks like Region 1 and especially District 1 will be well represented in Murfreesboro. But of course I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

WOW..what a game tonight by the Toppers. I seen them play a few games this year but that was good. There top kids played great. Should be a good game with THS on Monday. Lions and Copney are the real deal. I bet they each had 15- 20 rebounds and a bunch of points.

Who did they play and what was the final score? I could be wrong but I think Lyons and Copney are both Sophomores. They are a very talented team, all of them.

In the East-Sevier game, East was playing without its leading scorer (out for the season) and without its starting guard and 3-point threat. Sevier was without its leading scorer and best player. So it was kind of a survival game for both teams. West is without its second leading scorer and Seymour is without its point guard. So none of them should beat Tennessee unless the Vikings have a less than stellar outing. Looks like SH will host the substate and Tennessee will travel to probably Farragut or Bearden ... and Tennessee can beat either of them. So it looks like Region 1 and especially District 1 will be well represented in Murfreesboro. But of course I could be wrong.

I agree! Its not the first time CoachC19 has dogged out a player. Not something you would expect from a person who COACHES young kids himself. Very tasteless. As for the Seymour loss, the calls were horrible, and i do feel Seymour was robbed but Seymour also has a point guard who all but refuses to pass the ball, especially inside where the post is working so hard. I know of several turnovers in last nights game on that alone! Seems to have been a trend all season long. My bet is if Seymour can fine tune a few things, they will be a team to watch in the coming years. Good luck to all in Regionals. All the girls have played hard and I feel really bad for those who sustained injuries this year and couldnt finish out their season.

Edited by beachbum81

I am not "dogging" a player, I am stating the facts...and I could put a list of other people who feel the same way about the way the girl plays. I could also put a list of other people who knew there was a foul on the last shot of the game...I didn't say anything about the girl personally...just how she plays. I will always have my opinions and I will more than likely always post them on here. Guess you will just have to deal with it. I do coach BASEBALL, so I am entitled to my opinions on basketball...and I'm sure I will have some not so nice things to say about some umpires during my season, but thats just sports. You guys get on here and post things when you sit during a game and don't yell out or say anything after a game about a player or ref. Then ill applaud you. Ill never take a personal shot at a player, but I can have my say in things, just as everyone else on here. You'll survive. :mrgreen: Bring on regionals!