Predictions for 11AA

coachcutt

We are 3 weeks away from playing baseball, of course with this crazy winter it will probably be freezing and snow on the ground starting about then. How is everyone looking, where will your team be at the end of the season. Also interested in who some of the studa are that are returning.

Harpeth should be good if we play to our potential, of course I said that last year too. I am really looking forward to the new era with Coach Walls. He has certainly raised the bar for the kids in what his expectations are. The big question is will they buy in, or will they settle for less.

Let's get it started but keep it clean please.

Edited by coachcutt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All about the pitching as usual, but especially with the new bat regs. The cheap home runs are going to go away and there will be a premium on getting your bunts down and moving runners. Less scoring, more emphasis on pitching and defense. Like it should be.

Harpeth, Creek Wood, Camden and Montgomery Central in the top tier.

Waverly, Stewart County and Cheatham in the bottom half.

KS is all over it, ALL about the arms and depth on the hill! Super excited, can't wait for Practice to start! Should be FUN!!!!

More like real baseball...those shots thru the middle of the infield will be fielded for outs if you got wheels in the middle. I am excited as well, except for spending 400 on a new bat.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we please have just one week with no precipitation! I'm not sure our field is ever going to dry out. This time of the year is so difficult to get anything done, another reason to do away with the open facilities period. If we had two months of preseason practice we would be lucky to get on the field 20 days. With the current restrictions, official practice beiginning Monday, we have been on the field one day this week. It's crazy to me that you have kids that don't play other sports and want to get better but Coaches have their hands tied till the 13th. Can someone pleae tell me the rationale for this?????

Mark Stone is the new baseball coach at Cheatham County and it will be interesting to see how the guys respond to him as their new skipper. The Cubs baseball program has been in constant change for several years now and I for one hope that Coach Stone has success, gets the kids to play hard for him, and plans to continue coaching baseball for a while to come.

How's the lighting going to be at Harpeth this year? If I remember right it was pretty poor in spots last season.

We'll see. In the next couple of weeks new bulbs will be installed and ballasts replaced as necessary. It's a short term fix imo. We've been fighting voltage issues for years. The new director of schools is on the same page and trying to get all of the maintenance issues in the system on track and out of the parents pocketbooks.

Getting a lift that will reach the top row of lights in the outfield without sinking up to it's axles in the soft fill out there is the challenge. This weather isn't helping.