AAU

gottcha

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for AAU Team in Middle Tennessee, any suggestions?

1. look in the roll call section of the The Tennessean's sports on Wednesdays. It's on the next to last page in the box score section.

2. Call the AAU offices in Memphis and ask

3. Ask your school coach if they know of any.

Last year they lost all of there best players because of how they where treated and what I hear there 16s that will be there 17s this year are not coming back so that should say something is going wrong with them....

Really? Who is leaving the team from last year? Where are they going?

Hi Gotcha, It's not that hard to find an AAU team around middle TN. I will suggest you give a little more info and maybe someone on this board can help you. Also, I'm going to assume your player is younger so don't take offense to my suggestions if you're a veteran at this.

1. Age...Specify the age of your player.

2. Skill set...Specify if your player can compete at a high level with a lot of travel or just want to have tons of fun playing locally.

Don't be discouraged if you have to look at several teams before finding the right "fit". LOOK HARD at the parents on the team. The "involvement" from the stands can really make for a long season for your player if it's negative in nature. Parents that encourage from the stands can make it the best time of his/her life and keep the game in perspective for a young mind.

Avoid postings like the one above bashing other teams. Some people have absolutely nothing better to do than drag you (and all who read their spew) down to their level. Typically it's a cut player parent or ones that have a problem with coaches for whatever reason. Sometimes the lack of grammatical skills would indicate they're a child trying to stir up trouble...Again, like the above posting. In all cases, avoid them and you're better off!

Hope you find the team you're looking for and hope to see positive input from you here in the future. Take care,

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

You don't have to go by what I said its just my opinion of what I know of that team. And what I know is a fact or you can go by someone that runs the travelers like howdy who's just trying to mislead people..... But Andy oh I mean howdy is right don't go by anyone's word check them out and talk to the parents and see what they say

You don't have to go by what I said its just my opinion of what I know of that team. And what I know is a fact or you can go by someone that runs the travelers like howdy who's just trying to mislead people..... But Andy oh I mean howdy is right don't go by anyone's word check them out and talk to the parents and see what they say

Mislead people? Obviously you didn't or couldn't read my post. I'll try again and this time I'll try to use smaller words just for you.

First, I never once mention any team at all. I merely stated that a parent should look hard at the parents of ANY team/people he was going to expose his child to and also to avoid people that would otherwise negatively impact his child's experience. (that means bad people, baller)

Second, Well, there is no second. I can spell it out but I can't understand it for you.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

A GOOD ONE BASED OUT OF EAST TENNESSEE IS THE CHOSEN FEW. MY SON PLAYED WITH THEM LAST SUMMER AND EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT A BIG SHOE SPONSORED TEAM THEY PLAY IN SOME OF THE BEST TOURNAMENTS IN THE NATION AND THE COACHES TRULY CARE ABOUT THE KIDS. AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED I WOULD RECOMMEND THE CHOSEN FEW TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY SUMMER BASKETBALL AT AN ELITE LEVEL. THE HAVE A WEBSITE WITH CONTACTS WWW.WEARETHECHOSENFEW.COM

• 2 weeks later...