Places to eat in Franklin

Da Bears

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Henpecked yas reopened. Is the same good food as before?

Bears-----yes, The Henpeck Market has reopened. Under new management and the interior has been extensivley renovated and patio seating added. The dining area is bigger inside---they moved the gift shop upstairs-- and it is more of a "meat and three" than a sandwich place as before. Some people like the quaint, smaller shop with its fried chicken, burgers, sandwiches and sides better---don't know if it is really the food or the nostalgia---while others like the new,larger place with more options better.

For those who have not been there, other than the truck stop at the I-65 exit, The Henpeck Market is the closest eating venue to BCB's Pig Palace. When you exit the Palace grounds, turn right on Peytonsville Road. Go across I-65 and continue on Goose Creek Bypass to Lewisburg Pike( Hwy 431). Take a right on Lewisburg Pike---heading north----and go about a mile or two. The market is on your left, at corner of Henpeck Lane and Lewisburg Pike. About 10 minutes from the Palace.

If you're coming north from the Agro Center you'll first see the exit 65 for the main highway running through Franklin, highway 96/Murfreesboro Road, where you'll find a lot of venues on both sides of the street going west from the interstate (Chop House, O'Charley's, Garcia's, Jersey Mike's, Bar-B-Cutie, Backyard Burger, Bleachers, Papa John's, Subway, etc); east of the interstate there's Cracker Barrel on the south side and a few spots near the hospital (Dolan's, Steak N Shake); if you continue north on I-65 you can get to the Cool Springs area just a couple of miles northward and that's probably the commercial heart of Williamson County where you can take your pick, the intersection of Mallory Lane and Cool Springs Boulevard is the hotbed; in fact I've seen a lot of wrestlers/fans/schoolbuses parked there already and we're glad to play host.