10A Season

10ABaseball

I am going to have to put the top 2 rankings like this :

1.) White House Heritage. They have many starters returning that have many years of experience playing at a high school level. Some have started since freshmen year: The Allison Kid, Denton, Anderson, Piercefield, and the Montgomery kid is shaping out to be a good pitcher with a curveball that will strike alot of people out. Then you get aroung to the Mitchell guy which by far is the most fundamentally sound kid on the team. By watching the team last year and years before, he is one of the best players, possibly the best player, to ever come through Heritage. Knowing all the people that are returning and the talent they have on that team they will be phenomenal, possible State Tournament contenders. All they need to do is stay together as a team and build each other up through the season. They could be a big suprise to NC, CA, JB, and East. Im looking at them as definite State contenders.

2.) Nashville Christian. They did loose 9 starters this year but they always seem to have a good team behind their starters. They are always together as a team and plays hard. I havent done much studying on their players as i have at Heritage but they are usually a good team and likes to win.

I enjoy your optimism and believe it is possible...However, That team has alot of talent and 0 chemistry. If they can play as a team and not individuals it could be a very good season. They had the same talent last year and finished the season below .500

Pitching could be a issue again this year...Will anyone step up?

I enjoy your optimism and believe it is possible...However, That team has alot of talent and 0 chemistry. If they can play as a team and not individuals it could be a very good season. They had the same talent last year and finished the season below .500

1. Clarksville Academy dominates. 7 starters return, and a couple of transfers that can play.

2. WHH does have a talented class of young players, but they will struggle against CA.

3. Jo Byrns returns a decent mix of experience and youth. A competitive team last year with all but the top teams in 10-A. Cody Stroud will go yard on you, and bring it on the mound.

4. NCS has sometalent, but young talent will struggle with the top 3. NCS and WHH may compete for top spot in the coming year.

5. The rest.

Edited by monoptn

If I remember correctly, CA won the district 10A tournament and lost in the first round of the regional.

Correct, they lost to Cascade in a defensive battle. Cascade pitched Carcuff, and CA had 2 hits, scoring no runs. CA pitched Tyler Thompson, who threw a 1 hitter, but the Champions prevailed 2-0. It was a great high school baseball game.

Pitching WILL NOT be an issue for Heritage this year. They have a deep pitching staff with a total of 7 or 8 kids who all have the ability to go deep in a game.

Heritage does basically have the same talent besides losing 2-3 seniors. The thing is all of these kids have improved signigficantly this year. I believe last year it was just young talent, looking at those Seniors can be rough on some of them. With the size of this team it will be no problem this year.

I'd be looking for the whole line-up to be able smash the ball.

1.Walker - Senior, Hit 9 homeruns last year

2.Mitchell - Senior, Best all around hitter probably in the district, hit 3 homeruns in just 1 game last season.

3.Allison - Junior, who hit a few out last year, has the power to do real damage now.

4.Piercefield - Junior, who hit .500+ Batting Average last season, has power too.

5.Denton - Junior, who has the be the best 9th hitter in the Region. This kid can hit anything.

6.Turner - Sophomore, left handed hitter who will be great, has the power for long balls.

7.Swonsen- Sophomore, hit 3 homeruns in summer ball. Great hitting!!

You can prepare all you want, when you get to this team it's just not going to be good enough.

In other news, I've heard that East Robertson is suppossed to be great. I would like to kindly decline this. They have a pitching staff of 2 Seniors and 1 Freshmen, they are just not going to be deep enough.

Does Jo Byrns still have all those big boys from last year? How many seniors did they lose?

McEwen is young again this year, starting 1 senior, 3 juniors, 3 sophomores and 2 freshman, in a scrimage last Tuesday at Waverly in a loss 6-5. Will be gaining a few basketball players to the roster once that is over that will get some playing time. But wont make much of a difference in a win or loss. Looks like ANOTHER rebuilding year for the Warriors.

Yeah Heritage has their own Softball and Baseball team this year.

I believe Mcewen beat Heritage in 1 game last year just making sure they weren't a notch up

They played a double header and lost one and then the second game ended in a tie because WHH didn't have their lights up at the time.