10A Season

10ABaseball

Pitching WILL NOT be an issue for Heritage this year. They have a deep pitching staff with a total of 7 or 8 kids who all have the ability to go deep in a game.

Heritage does basically have the same talent besides losing 2-3 seniors. The thing is all of these kids have improved signigficantly this year. I believe last year it was just young talent, looking at those Seniors can be rough on some of them. With the size of this team it will be no problem this year.

I'd be looking for the whole line-up to be able smash the ball.

1.Walker - Senior, Hit 9 homeruns last year

2.Mitchell - Senior, Best all around hitter probably in the district, hit 3 homeruns in just 1 game last season.

3.Allison - Junior, who hit a few out last year, has the power to do real damage now.

4.Piercefield - Junior, who hit .500+ Batting Average last season, has power too.

5.Denton - Junior, who has the be the best 9th hitter in the Region. This kid can hit anything.

6.Turner - Sophomore, left handed hitter who will be great, has the power for long balls.

7.Swonsen- Sophomore, hit 3 homeruns in summer ball. Great hitting!!

You can prepare all you want, when you get to this team it's just not going to be good enough.

In other news, I've heard that East Robertson is suppossed to be great. I would like to kindly decline this. They have a pitching staff of 2 Seniors and 1 Freshmen, they are just not going to be deep enough.

Does Jo Byrns still have all those big boys from last year? How many seniors did they lose?

Saw WHH play two games Saturday. They played Eagleville's JV team and won 3-2. They played MTCS with both teams substituting liberally and lost 3-1. Not sure if WHH is at the top of 10A but if they are I think 9A is better this year. Lot's of walks in the second game.

It's early and a preseason scrimmage often does not paint an accurate picture of what a team has and what it doesn't. Best wishes to all on a good season.

• Upvote 1

Saw WHH play two games Saturday. They played Eagleville's JV team and won 3-2. They played MTCS with both teams substituting liberally and lost 3-1. Not sure if WHH is at the top of 10A but if they are I think 9A is better this year. Lot's of walks in the second game.

It's early and a preseason scrimmage often does not paint an accurate picture of what a team has and what it doesn't. Best wishes to all on a good season.

Yeah, this is true. They did throw 2 of the JV pitchers though I believe. I believe they could deffinatly beat MTCS with Heritage's best team on the field. Hopefully they'll meet in regions.

Robertson co times has a nice write up bout the devils this week

Article at Robertson County Times

That is a nice article. There is another good writeup there about White House - Heritage. The Jo Byrns kids I know are a great group of young men, and they have a nice program. I expect the CA-Jo Byrns games will be tight.

I didn't know Cody Stroud had signed - that's great for him. He is a super young man.

It is shaping up to be an interesting season in 10-A baseball. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, and to CA hosting the tournament again at Wes Smith Field. Although as the father of a senior, it is somewhat bittersweet as it winds down. There a lot of friendships that have been forged by the players not only at CA, but across the district.

Good luck the rest of the way to everyone.

JB hosted AAA Springfield this evening and after the first inning it was all JB, Springfield loaded the bases and Ryan oneil pitched out of the inning giving up zero runs. The Devils bats were hott, Cody stroud went to the yard at last bat with 2 runners on to end the game in the 6th 11-1. Springfield had some critical errors and the Devils capitalized on the mistakes, both teams pitched 4 pitchers with 6'5 Dustin Dean throwing smoke and closing for the Devils

Edited by Jbalumni81

JB hosted AAA Springfield this evening and after the first inning it was all JB, Springfield loaded the bases and Ryan oneil pitched out of the inning giving up zero runs. The Devils bats were hott, Cody stroud went to the yard at last bat with 2 runners on to end the game in the 6th 11-1. Springfield had some critical errors and the Devils capitalized on the mistakes, both teams pitched 4 pitchers with 6'5 Dustin Dean throwing smoke and closing for the Devils

Will you be at CA Monday 81?