District 4A

bitterfan

lets let the disctrict regular season champ be the host of each years tournament for boys and girls both that way winning the regular season would give them something to play for

I think there are only 3 gyms that hold enough fans, I believe the TSSAA requires seating for 1000.

The only gyms in the district that would meet the regulations would be Wartburg, Oneida, and Jellico.

Now what they COULD do, probably would never happen, but they could let the regular district champions pick one of the 3 qualifying gyms to host the tournament.....ya think? lol

I think there are only 3 gyms that hold enough fans, I believe the TSSAA requires seating for 1000.

The only gyms in the district that would meet the regulations would be Wartburg, Oneida, and Jellico.

Now what they COULD do, probably would never happen, but they could let the regular district champions pick one of the 3 qualifying gyms to host the tournament.....ya think? lol

NO their is no way that would fly!!!

• Upvote 1

done said this earlier in posts but oneida fans ignored it lol

my predictions tommorrow harriman upsets oneida in a close game rockwood holds off sunbright in a close game jellico beats tellico by 6 and wartburg beats greenback by 9

was wrong about the harriman game not even close rockwood did win in a close game so did jellico but the dawgs blowed greenback away out of the gym by 33 rockwood versus oneida and dogs versus jellico tuesday night should be 2 really close games hard to win 4 times against any of these 3 the dogs can do it but its not gonna be easy imma guess dogs versus rockwood in the final thursday night

District 4 almost pulled off the sweep. Tuesdays semi finals are set. At 6 rock wood and Oneida. Oneida length may cause rockwood some trouble. This should be a grind out type of game. Probably in the high 40s. I think Oneida can pull it out possibly in overtime. My prediction 49-48. At 730 wart burg and Jellico. Round 4 between these 2 teams. Wart burg is 3-0 this year vs Jellico but 2 were close. Jellico showed they could play without malicoat Saturday at telico. He went out with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd and did not return until 4 minutes to go in the game and Jellico stayed even while he sit. Malicoat hit the game winner with 8 seconds left for the winner. Big key in this game will be fouls and how coach Reynolds handles his bench to counter wart burgs 32 minutes of heck. I thought the game in the district semis Jellico wore down. Smoky mountain officials so u never know how they will let wart burg play with their pressure defense, if they let them hand check on the perimeter dogs will prevail. If called close Jellico stays in it. Someone on Jellico will have to play good to help malicoat. Jellico is the defending region champs and want go down without a battle. Dogs playing home home floor will help. Atmosphere will be electric Tuesday night at the dog house. I think dogs will win by 10 if they let them play Jellico could pull it out if called close.

District 4 almost pulled off the sweep. Tuesdays semi finals are set. At 6 rock wood and Oneida. Oneida length may cause rockwood some trouble. This should be a grind out type of game. Probably in the high 40s. I think Oneida can pull it out possibly in overtime. My prediction 49-48. At 730 wart burg and Jellico. Round 4 between these 2 teams. Wart burg is 3-0 this year vs Jellico but 2 were close. Jellico showed they could play without malicoat Saturday at telico. He went out with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd and did not return until 4 minutes to go in the game and Jellico stayed even while he sit. Malicoat hit the game winner with 8 seconds left for the winner. Big key in this game will be fouls and how coach Reynolds handles his bench to counter wart burgs 32 minutes of heck. I thought the game in the district semis Jellico wore down. Smoky mountain officials so u never know how they will let wart burg play with their pressure defense, if they let them hand check on the perimeter dogs will prevail. If called close Jellico stays in it. Someone on Jellico will have to play good to help malicoat. Jellico is the defending region champs and want go down without a battle. Dogs playing home home floor will help. Atmosphere will be electric Tuesday night at the dog house. I think dogs will win by 10 if they let them play Jellico could pull it out if called close.

very good analysis, I think they will let them play some, jellico will have to keep up there mixing of various defenses to counter Wartburg offensive onslaught. I am taking Rockwood tigers over Oneida, one of better coaches in area and play good halfcourt defense, plus I think Rockwood lost in region to oneida last yr, they will have fuel tot he fire!

Good post. If the officiating in the quarterfinals is any indication of how the rest of the tournament will be called, they're gonna let them play. There was plenty of hand checking, pushing underneath the boards, and hip/body checking that went uncalled in the Harriman/Oneida game. And it went both ways, but Harriman was more physical early before Oneida adjusted. Oh, but there were lots of walking violations called. No one and I mean NO ONE got away with steps. I think they even called a walk on the clock keeper at one point. I lost count, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that there were 12 walks called against Harriman's Xavier Howard, alone. He still had a good game, but it took him out of his game, somewhat. Oneida held the Blue Devils to 41 and X had 20. Granted, I thought several of the calls were legit, but there were some that I had no idea what the officials were seeing. It seemed like they didn't allow any step-through-jump-stop moves and spin moves had to have a dribble all the way through the spin. Of course, it also looked like they called a walk if a player just went a long distance for a layup, even if it was only two steps. We'll just have to see what happens.

As for predictions, I hate them. There are going to be two very good games on Tuesday night and I am looking forward to it. I'm nervous, too. I know Rockwood has a great team and a fantastic coach. But hey, Oneida is pretty good, too. And I would put Yaden and Wright up against any coaches around. They've had some great game plans against Sunbright, Wartburg, and Harriman and nearly ran the table in those games. Wartburg had to play, and I'm quoting a Wartburg fan/"expert", their best game of the year to beat the Indians by 3 and Oneida had a shot on the rim to tie at the end. I'm sure Rockwood remembers last year, but I am also sure they are like Oneida and aren't that worried about last year. Rockwood will be ready just like Oneida will be. It should be a good one.

Congratulations to Cole West on scoring his 1,000th point during the D4A C-ship game. Cole is only a Sophomore and was playing in his 64th game when he hit the first bucket of the game for OHS and gave himself 1,000 points in his career. Not bad. We are all hoping Cole can stay healthy and continue his high school career and pursue the all-time scoring title at Oneida while he leads the team to as many wins and as far as possible. Way to go Cole.

Good Luck Indians. Let's make this an all District 4 finals in Region 2.

Edited by coachjeffers

Good post. If the officiating in the quarterfinals is any indication of how the rest of the tournament will be called, they're gonna let them play. There was plenty of hand checking, pushing underneath the boards, and hip/body checking that went uncalled in the Harriman/Oneida game. And it went both ways, but Harriman was more physical early before Oneida adjusted. Oh, but there were lots of walking violations called. No one and I mean NO ONE got away with steps. I think they even called a walk on the clock keeper at one point. I lost count, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that there were 12 walks called against Harriman's Xavier Howard, alone. He still had a good game, but it took him out of his game, somewhat. Oneida held the Blue Devils to 41 and X had 20. Granted, I thought several of the calls were legit, but there were some that I had no idea what the officials were seeing. It seemed like they didn't allow any step-through-jump-stop moves and spin moves had to have a dribble all the way through the spin. Of course, it also looked like they called a walk if a player just went a long distance for a layup, even if it was only two steps. We'll just have to see what happens.

As for predictions, I hate them. There are going to be two very good games on Tuesday night and I am looking forward to it. I'm nervous, too. I know Rockwood has a great team and a fantastic coach. But hey, Oneida is pretty good, too. And I would put Yaden and Wright up against any coaches around. They've had some great game plans against Sunbright, Wartburg, and Harriman and nearly ran the table in those games. Wartburg had to play, and I'm quoting a Wartburg fan/"expert", their best game of the year to beat the Indians by 3 and Oneida had a shot on the rim to tie at the end. I'm sure Rockwood remembers last year, but I am also sure they are like Oneida and aren't that worried about last year. Rockwood will be ready just like Oneida will be. It should be a good one.

Congratulations to Cole West on scoring his 1,000th point during the D4A C-ship game. Cole is only a Sophomore and was playing in his 64th game when he hit the first bucket of the game for OHS and gave himself 1,000 points in his career. Not bad. We are all hoping Cole can stay healthy and continue his high school career and pursue the all-time scoring title at Oneida while he leads the team to as many wins and as far as possible. Way to go Cole.

Excellent post, you hit on all the high points! Wartburg and Rockwood are two I am taking to meet in Regional Final!

Would 2 steps not be considered a travel? Just flipping through topics on here, and that caught my eye.