Warren Co. vs White Co. D-6AAA Tournament

chs4life

Wilkinson scores to give Warren the lead 42-40 time is called by Warren with 1.5 sec left. Ref says Pioneers have no time-outs technical foul and ref puts clock at 2.1 sec. White hits one free-throw 42-41. Inbound at mid-court girl gets pass takes two or three dribbles lays it in. Final White Co. 43 Warren Co. 42. Film shows before Wilkinson's shot during another timeout ref telling Warren coach he has one timeout. Crazy ending.

I'm from Coffee Co. but that was one of the craziest ending I've ever seen.

I was there too, and as they say, "with no dog in the hunt."

The 2.1 seconds was absolutely accurate.

The official had clearly told the WC coach during the White County timeout, with a closed fist, no timeouts remaining. The young lady on WC's bench who was keeping "stats" agreed. The official scorebook agreed! I knew what was coming as soon as I seen the Warren Co. coach requesting a timeout prior to the throwin. By the way, it would have taken a bigger miracle to score from the end line, with the full length of the court to travel, with only 2.1 seconds.

The coach made the first of two horrendous mistakes. First, the request for a timeout which resulted in the technical.

The second was the strategy of 'fronting' the thrower on the succeeding throw-in spot on the sideline at half court. This strategy didn't work as the ball was easily thrown inbounds with no disruption and while advancing toward the goal. The White Co. kid took 2 quick dribbles and lays the ball in the goal - horn sounds. It would have made sound sense to allow the throw in uncontested while keeping an extra defensive player around the basket.

Trying to present this catastrophe of coaching as an officiating mistake is incomprehensible.

Overall, the quality of the game was awful, but entertaining.

I saw the ending. I was a casual observer and wasn't paying that much attention to what the refs were doing or how many timeouts anybody had. However, that was one of the strangest ends to a game I have seen in a long time. This one will haunt Warren County for a while. It's a shame. White county wins that game 4 out of 5 times, but I thought I was witnessing number 5....

Edited by PEARLBALL

Why would a winning team ever call time out with 2 sec to go and the clock running????

Clock wasn't running. He called the TO after White Co came back to the floor after their TO. Wanted to see how they had set up their offense for a desperation shot. Tried to overcoach and it bit him in the ####. The loss was totally on the coach. Changed their girls from a home game in the regions to a long trip. Too bad for their girls. It was a really sloppy game. I also had no dog in the fight, just wanted it to not go to OT so the boys game could get started.

At tonights game officials tell Warren Co. they are sorry because they messed up. One timeout toward the end of the game was given to Warren Co. when it should have been White Co. The Warren Co. thought he had and he did have a timeout but the ref gave to the wrong team on a previous one. Mistakes happen but could not have been at worse time for Warren Co.

At tonights game officials tell Warren Co. they are sorry because they messed up. One timeout toward the end of the game was given to Warren Co. when it should have been White Co. The Warren Co. thought he had and he did have a timeout but the ref gave to the wrong team on a previous one. Mistakes happen but could not have been at worse time for Warren Co.

:roflolk: :roflolk: :roflolk:

The 3 officials tonight WERE NOT the 3 officials from Saturday...

Looks like the "CYA" antidote is in overdrive!

Edited by heyitsme

Did not see it but if WC has to go to Chattanooga for Regionals it will be hard for the regionals but not something they can't overcome. Winners are winners because they overcome adversity. Hang in there Pioneers.