LIBERTY vs BOLIVAR

btownbasketball

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a horse in the race...I am a JCM fan! I am glad Bolivar won. I thought they were the best team in the district. But if you don't think Bolivar reaches and grabs and bumps too then you werent watching the same game I was. Both teams play tough, aggressive defense, which is a big reason they both win and yes, Liberty fouls ALOT! But to play in a championship game with the intensity level through the roof and they only fouled 3 or 4 times? The whole half? 16 minutes of fast paced, intense, aggressive championship basketball and they only fouled 3 or 4 times?! Really? C'mon now... if you really think that is what happened then you are too big of a HOMER to reason with.

If you know anything about basketball then you should realize that the losing team has more fouls called on it 9 out of 10 times in the second half because they have to foul at the end of the game to catch up. The refs didn't cause Liberty to miss all those shots in the second half Bolivar's defence did. It wasn't hard to watch Liberty jack up 3's the second half after they hit a few at the start. 44 to 22 in the second half--enough said. :popcorneater:

Liberty should have used the Smith kid more...Great game by Bolivar's Mckinnie. No dog in the fight but I really didn't see too much fouling on Bolivar's end. One thing that I was tripping on was the five second count. Numerous times the defender wouldn't even be close to warrant a count. My defense would have been brutal with that five second treatment...

Liberty should have used the Smith kid more...Great game by Bolivar's Mckinnie. No dog in the fight but I really didn't see too much fouling on Bolivar's end. One thing that I was tripping on was the five second count. Numerous times the defender wouldn't even be close to warrant a count. My defense would have been brutal with that five second treatment...

I've been griping about the 5 second count in our area(same refs)all year.More times than I'd care to count the ballhandler would be "comfortable" with the ball,surveying the defense,or waiting for a play to develop and get a whistle for this call.i don't believe the "closley guarded" rule was intended to pentalize for looking over the defense when he's under no diress.

I've been griping about the 5 second count in our area(same refs)all year.More times than I'd care to count the ballhandler would be "comfortable" with the ball,surveying the defense,or waiting for a play to develop and get a whistle for this call.i don't believe the "closley guarded" rule was intended to pentalize for looking over the defense when he's under no diress.

I totally agree. Apparently "closely guarded" means within ten feet with an arm extended toward the offensive player. I have never seen anything like it. Also, I have no idea what a legal screen looks like anymore...I have seen more illegal screen calls this year than in my 20+ years of watching hoops combined.