Jefferson County Patriots Pitching.

BEB19

I watch very good baseball how many times has S Hill won the region cant count that high but they didnt have but 2 good pitchers and a few junk pitchers you throw that 85 88 in there a teams will knock you over the field better have a #2 pitch anyways good luck

Wow, great to see that semi-public educamation is still working for you. Nice stream.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season the patriots have 8 guys that throw 85+

Farr 86-88

Hutchinson 86-88

Ballinger 86-88

Leonard 83-86

Slagle 82-85

Paschal 84-87

Henshaw 85-88

Bible 85-87

three leftys that throw low to mid 80's as well, so watch out for this team.

Lol, all these guys must be transfers or were hurt last year. They can hit but their pitching is average at best. dont kid your self.

Lol, all these guys must be transfers or were hurt last year. They can hit but their pitching is average at best. dont kid your self.

Actually, you can go look at some of these kid's profiles on perfectgame.org, and they are throwing these speeds. That said, you can also view the JC coach's outlook he wrote on TBCA.org, and there are some lofty ERAs (last year's)among those +80mph arms. You still have to locate and change speeds to be effective. I'm not saying these kids are not that good, as I haven't seen any of them. But I did see Oak Ridge's ace, Jordan Lane, throwing +85 (had the gun on him, so I know) this past weekend during a scrimmage, and one of JC's district rivals, Cocke County, had kids that pulled that 85mph for doubles in the gaps. He was having trouble early on locating the off-speed due to 20-30mph winds, and tried blowing his fastball by them. Four hits and 3 ERs later, he decided he'd try harder to get the changeup working ,then he shut them down. Still, I'd be like any other coach or scout and take these strong arms and "coach 'em" until they could locate and developed an effective off-speed. It's hard to teach speed.

FarragutU still remembers watching a JV game vs Jeff Co. in '06 where FarragutU's JV won 26-2. Funny how fast a program can find 8 studs who throw 85+. FarragutU knows though that it doesn't matter how fast you throw if you can't throw strikes.

Exactly That must have been someones dad holding the gun.

or all of those guys must have been hurt last year.

Edited by DoyleHargraves

• 1 month later...

What happened to all this great pitching for JC? Doesn't appear to have held runs down past weekend. With that kind of gas, should blowing teams away.