Gomab/Williamson County Players

Izzy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate to say it, I know as little about Williamson Co this year as I ever have. I have followed williamson Co since the years of Jay Moore, Jay Lannin, BJ Proffitt, etc up to the class of Cody Waddey, Phillip Williams and Fred Wise.....but I know very little this year.......I am excited about seeing Centennial this year, as well as hearing about any talent in the Williamson Co area.....

Gomab, I think that Williamson County is going to be really balanced. Centennial and Brentwood will again be tough. Brentwood Academy is going to be Brentwood Academy and have athletes. Im kinda worried about playing Page, they have the one thing you cant teach, some size. Franklin should be down. Don't know much about BGA. Oh yeah, defintely come watch some of our games at Centennial. We are hoping to suprise some people. Remember these 2 names : Bryce Carden and Konrad Waliszewski. ;) IF any of you guys on here have some info, please share.

Guest BGApoint44

Izzy, I think your right when you say that Williamson Co. will be balanced. However, I think that Brentwood will be one of the weaker teams. They are going to be young and inexperienced. Franklin will be down as well after graduating their key players. Centennial will surprise a lot of people. It will be tough to match up with Patrick Evans and JG Grigsby of Page; they have the athleticism and the experience. I think the real talent will be in the private schools this year. The teams to watch will be Father Ryan and BGA. Both teams have outstanding senior leadership and size. Brent Carney and Joe Thompson are two established players looking to make a lot of noise. BGA guards Cole Rose and Patrick Parker are looking to put points on the board and marks in the win column. Brentwood Academy will be tough as always with athletes from all over Nashville. A week from tomorrow, all teams will go to work and prepeare for the upcoming season. I can't wait to see what's in store. :D

Don't forget BGA senior Trip Hibett and Page senior Nick (oops, can not remember Nick's last name).

Trip started alot of games as a sophmore, started last year and averaged 9+ points per game last year as a junior. When he gets hot, he can really shoot the ball. I think Trip is going to have a good season.

I saw Nick play with the Thunder. He is strong, is a good shooter and really plays hard. Combine him with Grigsby, Evans and some good young players - I think Page might be the team to beat in Williamson county this year. :D

[Edited by CUFan on 10-21-02 12:06A]

Guest BGApoint44

Tripp Hibbett is a strong player for BGA. It has been going around that Tripp Hibbett is part of the three guard "TRIO" along with Cole Rose and Patrick Parker that everyone has been talking about. Can't wait to see the "TRIO" in action. I don't know about Page being the team to beat, but they will do well with all the talent they have produced. Still, I say watch out for Father Ryan and BA. :o

Guest BGApoint44

So Ryan will be the team to beat in D-2? Well since they are in Nashville, who will the team in Williamson County be this year? BGA, Page, Centennial, BA? I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. :confused:

The team to beat in Williamson County this year is none other than Page. They have some height and they got some quick guards. BGA will still be strong with DII All-Region Cole Rose. Transfer Patrick Parker will definitely help and 3-point machine Trip Hibbett will contribute also. Franklin will be solid. Centennial is the sleeper of the group in Williamson County. Brentwood Academy is the other team to beat. A very deep team who will press the heck out of ya. Brentwood High School will not be as strong. Josh Brennard(? on the spelling) is a very good post who takes what you give him. Ravenwood will be down. Other than that, it should be Page vs. BA to decide.

I don't like all this talk about "trios." As an alumni of the 'Academy, I will always pull for the 'Cats. I enjoyed working with coach Smith. 44, are you TRYING to fire up the competition? Most schools like beating us regardless, but I'm sure that they will eat up this bulletin board material. Let's play a few regular season games before we start talk about guard "trios."

I agree though that BGA will be a premier team in the eighth wealthiest county in the country this season. They have a lot of returning talent. Play "Smith Ball" correctly and it's amazing who BGA can beat.

There will be less spice though on the schedule, no more cody waddy to shed his shorts after an early ejection ;). Cedntennial will be tough. Franklin: Beatable. Too bad Brentwood never wants to schedule BGA. Its a shame that the former principle hated private schools. That game could be a good one. BA will be tough under one of the state's best coaches.

And even though Ryan is in DAVIDSON county, they are always good and will continue to be a team that BGA will have to play perfectly against.

Posted by BGApoint44:

So Ryan will be the team to beat in D-2? Well since they are in Nashville, who will the team in Williamson County be this year? BGA, Page, Centennial, BA? I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. :confused:

Can't really say that Ryan isn't the team to beat, since they were dominant last year. I do think BA will be competitive with them, however.

Guest BGApoint44
Posted by wildcatfan:

I don't like all this talk about "trios." As an alumni of the 'Academy, I will always pull for the 'Cats. I enjoyed working with coach Smith. 44, are you TRYING to fire up the competition? Most schools like beating us regardless, but I'm sure that they will eat up this bulletin board material. Let's play a few regular season games before we start talk about guard "trios."

I agree though that BGA will be a premier team in the eighth wealthiest county in the country this season. They have a lot of returning talent. Play "Smith Ball" correctly and it's amazing who BGA can beat.

There will be less spice though on the schedule, no more cody waddy to shed his shorts after an early ejection :). Cedntennial will be tough. Franklin: Beatable. Too bad Brentwood never wants to schedule BGA. Its a shame that the former principle hated private schools. That game could be a good one. BA will be tough under one of the state's best coaches.

And even though Ryan is in DAVIDSON county, they are always good and will continue to be a team that BGA will have to play perfectly against.

You're just a "chip" off the old block aren't you. Having worn Brentwood's jersey shorts for the first two years of my high school career, I can tell you that they will be weak after graduating Josh Brennard and Tyler Cole. I hope people do eat up this bulletin board material and bring their A games when they come into Wildcat Territory. :)