Morgan County Football

ETNHSFootball

Ellison is the best coach and his offense will score a bunch of points this year. They will have a whole lot of seniors this year and should be the favorite for the district championship.

I don't believe he scored alot of points last year with the talent he had....just saying!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors and Speculation has it that a few coalfield players are having academic issues :roflol: , and Wartburg had some players quit :roll: . Morgan County Football Might be more even this year for Sunbright and Oakdale since these other schools can’t keep it together :popcorneater: .

Yes...I heard that Langley, Susak, Justes, Reeves quit and that Ellison dismissed Taylor from the team...Rough, being they are the Senior Talent that was going to lead the team.

Yes...I heard that Langley, Susak, Justes, Reeves quit and that Ellison dismissed Taylor from the team...Rough, being they are the Senior Talent that was going to lead the team.

I heard about Taylor but why did the others quit? Saying that "they are the Senior Talent that was going to lead the team" is a bit of a reach. I think there are other seniors and underclassmen on the team that will step up and do just fine.

I heard about this. A few players mentioned that Reeves did not quit. The other guys are being lazy and won't work out like the rest of the team. Doesn't sound like team players to me. I didn't know about the dismissal but I do know that the Taylor kid quit on them last season, so once again I don't see a quitter leading the team. The players I heard from actually said they dont want those guys on the team unless they put in the work.

Quitting your senior year is crazy. This will be the last time they will ever play football again. I'm sure they will regret it later on. If it's true that they didn't want to work out then that shows just how much they cared about winning anyway.

I agree, I'd rather have 11 that will put in the work (Robinson, Williams, etc....) than to have 40 who will quit on a knee jerk reaction.

Let us look at the county schools position by position. QB Wartburg has the only starter back with Austin Langley so I give the Bulldogs the edge. Who is going to be QB at the other schools? RB Wesley Melhorn is the fastest kid around and you add Henry Taylor as the power back and you have an awesome backfield. The Bunch kid at Sunbright is good but he won't have the blocking, coaching or the supporting cast to excel. WR Justin Crouch, Nick Reeves, Adam Susak make the Bulldogs the best at this spot. Coalfield lost Wilkins and Sunbright lost Hunter and Turner. OL I have been talking about how good Wartburg is goiing to be up front and they return four starters there with big BoBo as the leader. He goes about six foot four and weighs about 290. he is the strongest kid in the district and will be getting a lot of looks at colleges. add Conrad Williams, Red Simms, BA Adams, Kilby and others and this line will move mountains. OC Coach Ellison calls his own plays and he has set a lot of records as OC and he has the weapons to set some more this year. I want to hear other thoughts on other teams offense. We will look at defense later on.

So what your saying is that if the dawgs dont win it all with the talent being better than everyone else it will have to be coaching problems....right?

So what your saying is that if the dawgs dont win it all with the talent being better than everyone else it will have to be coaching problems....right?

They for sure had better talent than anybody 2 years ago and couldnt win the district title. Who knows what the problem was but it will be a while before they are loaded like that again.

Im a bulldog supporter 110%, and we do have a solid coaching staff. Coach Ellison may be the best young coach around. But I will also say this, Lambert at Oneida is a proven head coach and someone toldm e Oneida has 25 seniors on next years team. So i don't think we will win it all. I'm putting my money on the Indians with their tradition. I do however think that 2nd or 3rd place in the district is possible if these young men will work hard & buy into what Ellison is selling.