District 5 AAA

alt1958

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't like to name girls mainly because I don't want to forget someone and usually people only talk about the girls on their team OR their own daughter.

In saying that, As a Walker Valley parent I am very proud of our young team. I don't think we could ask for more from them. Most of our losses have come due to being young and immature but that happens when you play in district 5-AAA and start 6 sophomores and freshman.

I heard a very upset coach in a JV game recently say, " Your gonna have to play harder, your playing their Varsity team again." I had to laugh because first, only 4 of the girls had played Varsity. Second,It was a cross town rival. And lastly, we had no choice. lol. I think alot of the schools are having that problem right now and thats a good problem to have for the future.

There seems to be alot of talent out there right now not only in our district but all over the state.

Good luck to all the ladies playing.

Edited by tnsoftball

So who does everyone think are the top Freshman performers this year. From seeing all the teams in the District compete this year, is clear that there are a strong group of freshman playing for every team.

As far as Freshman performers---- all Chattanooga area players stats are posted with there class and school. Batting avg. stolen bases etc.. pitching stats also google chattanooga area prep stats - lots of info

Well, I have no dog in the race so here we go... Top Freshman Performers...

Pitchers

I think you have to look at Emily Edwards (Soddy Daisy) and Alicia Raymond (Walker Valley). Both of these pitchers have seen limited time because they are behind very good ACE's. That being, of course, Kelsey Nunley who has signed with Kentucky and Sidney Hooper who was the TimesFreePress AREA Player of the Year last year. I think you will be seeing these two heavily in the future.

Hitting

In this category I'm gonna talk about Freshman who have really brought the bats this season. I think the top dog in this category has to be Hallie Davis of Walker Valley. Not often does a Freshman come into high school and hit in the high .300's as a lead off hitter. Very aggressive in the box. Other very notable hitters are Jessica Boles (Soddy Daisy), MacKenzie Elrod (Walker Valley), Lexie Axley (McMinn County), Carly Frost (Cleveland). These are girls that have filled roles that are important to their teams successfully.

Edited by SoftballLegend

I personally don't like to name girls mainly because I don't want to forget someone and usually people only talk about the girls on their team OR their own daughter.

In saying that, As a Walker Valley parent I am very proud of our young team. I don't think we could ask for more from them. Most of our losses have come due to being young and immature but that happens when you play in district 5-AAA and start 6 sophomores and freshman.

I heard a very upset coach in a JV game recently say, " Your gonna have to play harder, your playing their Varsity team again." I had to laugh because first, only 4 of the girls had played Varsity. Second,It was a cross town rival. And lastly, we had no choice. lol. I think alot of the schools are having that problem right now and thats a good problem to have for the future.

There seems to be alot of talent out there right now not only in our district but all over the state.

Good luck to all the ladies playing.

I've read several reports on one of WV's crosstown rivals in the Cleveland paper and after nearly every loss the quote has gone something like "we gave that one to them", "we never should have lost that game", "it was one bad inning we played better than them the rest of the game", etc. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the team you're talking about. Some of their losses have not even been reported, the ones where they lost by a lot of runs generally have gone unmentioned.