Giles County vs Columbia Academy

dadtimesfive

Really excited about this game. Two good defensive teams and offense isnt too bad either. Hope the BRICKYARD is rowdy tonight. Great place to watch futbal. GO CATS!!!

this game was horrible red card in the third minute of the game and CA was down to 10 men right at the beggining of the game... then the third goal Giles county scored was the worst sportsmanship play i have ever seen in my life... there was an injury, you always kick it back to the keep and let him have it although giles county took the ball and scored with the defense thinking the ball was going to the keep horrible low down play on Giles countys part... this will truly be a different game when CA meets them again the refs were playing horrible fouls along with at least 4 hand balls by Giles County im curious to see how this game will play next time they meet

this game was horrible red card in the third minute of the game and CA was down to 10 men right at the beggining of the game... then the third goal Giles county scored was the worst sportsmanship play i have ever seen in my life... there was an injury, you always kick it back to the keep and let him have it although giles county took the ball and scored with the defense thinking the ball was going to the keep horrible low down play on Giles countys part... this will truly be a different game when CA meets them again the refs were playing horrible fouls along with at least 4 hand balls by Giles County im curious to see how this game will play next time they meet

#1...Giles Co scored in the 4th minute, the red card was in the 9th minute

#2...it was a real shame CA player got a red card for kicking the goalie in the face

#3...I spoke to the ref after the game....he stated that the GC player did ask if it was CA ball. Ref stated 50/50 drop ball. GC player then asked if it was a courtesy ball and ref replied no.

#4...I agree, it will be a different game next time, CA is much better than the final score. Good Luck with Fairview!

#1...Giles Co scored in the 4th minute, the red card was in the 9th minute

#2...it was a real shame CA player got a red card for kicking the goalie in the face

#3...I spoke to the ref after the game....he stated that the GC player did ask if it was CA ball. Ref stated 50/50 drop ball. GC player then asked if it was a courtesy ball and ref replied no.

#4...I agree, it will be a different game next time, CA is much better than the final score. Good Luck with Fairview!

Not trying to start an argument but every soccer player should no that if it is ever an injury and a drop ball it is always a courtesy to let the keeper have it despite what the refs says you always let the keeper take the ball the player should know better than that I would hope that he is not just now finding this out

Not trying to start an argument but every soccer player should no that if it is ever an injury and a drop ball it is always a courtesy to let the keeper have it despite what the refs says you always let the keeper take the ball the player should know better than that I would hope that he is not just now finding this out

I totally agree with the unwritten rules of soccer and agree with you....that is why I questioned the player and the referee after the game. The reason the player asked if it was 50/50 and if their was courtesty in the drop is because no one had possession at the time of the stoppage, but I will give on this one....so lets call it 4-0 instead of 5-0.

Your calling it "worst sportsmanship ever in your life" is why I opted to discuss it anyways. Funny that you called it the "worst sportsmanship ever in your life" when during the same game GC#8 went down hurt when CA#9 fouled the GC player. Instead of the CA player helping him up or at least just walking away, CA#9 stood over him and did the throat slash gesture. I guess that doesn't fall into "worst sportsmanship ever in your life"?!?!

IMO, since CA did not show GC the courtesy of kicking the ball out while GC had a player down, no courtesy is owed. This still doesnt take away the fact that 2 very good teams played a highly competitive game. Look forward to the next game, everyone be safe and healthy. GO CATS!!!

I don't know much about this game other than what people have said. I was at the Columbia central game instead.. I will be very interested to see how CA fairs against Columbia central tomorrow. Most of all I look foward to watch the undefeated Giles team for the first time on the 30th.

I don't know much about this game other than what people have said. I was at the Columbia central game instead.. I will be very interested to see how CA fairs against Columbia central tomorrow. Most of all I look foward to watch the undefeated Giles team for the first time on the 30th.

I look forward to that also. Curious to see how the GC defense holds up against Jeremiah who I think will be the best player they will play against all season.....y'all go easy on us. Save me a seat febreze, i'm sure you will be the best smelling one at the game.