Friendship Vs Eagleville

VandyFan7

Was Swindoll pitching against Eagleville in their game? That was my understanding not sure though. FC came out on top and for now you'd have to say they're the better team. That being said, Eagleville had one inning on defense that they played badly and not sure how deep FC's field is but Cascade's is a short field and at Eagleville maybe one of the two homeruns would've been out, (not taking anything away from the hitters), FC hit the ball well but Eagleville hit decently as well but didn't put enough hits together and gave up a couple of scores off errors. Also Eagleville did not pitch their ace. After their first 3 pitchers 4, 5 and 6 are pretty much pick one and the young man who pitched is one of the #4-6 pitchers. It would be hard for me to say but if they meet again I'd expect a close game. The one comment I would disagree with is the one about FC playing a tougher schedule. Eagleville has played Spring Hill twice and split with them (SH has been 2 consecutive yrs in Spring Fling), and also beat Germantown easily and has beaten Adamsville and Huntingdon, 2 of the better 1A schools along with Cascade and overall I believe they play in a tougher district than FC with more teams. They've also beaten 3 other AA and AAA schools. Granted they did not play their best over the past weekend and they have to correct that but I'd say they've played every bit as tough a schedule as FC. FC is a very good team and I'm not taking anything away from them, just making a case for Eagleville.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, FC hit the ball and Eagleville struck out at least 14 times. Swindoll doesn't throw in the 90's so they should have hit him. The pitcher FC faced threw same speed as Swindoll and they hit him. Also.. It's funny because everytime we play teams they have a excuse saying they did not pitch there ace. Well who's fault is that, we hit the ball and they didn't. My personal opinion is if Eagleville pitched there ace FC would not have any trouble hitting him. And as for Eagleville "having" a bad inning. When it comes down to it, don't have a bad inning. Not saying Eagleville isn't good. They are very solid but there the only team FC played with the whole tournament, all the "state" teams that were supposed to make it to the state tournament we beat 17-1, 15-3, 12-3. But like I said I'm not dishing Eagleville they are very good.

Swindoll did pitch. Swindoll is a very good pitcher but to be honest, I'm not sure he is our ace right now. Godwin right now has been pitching the best and is locating the best. So far this year it seems that we have 4-5 pitchers who are just as effective as the next. I'd take our 1-5 pitchers and expect them to be just as effective as yalls 1 and 2 pitchers. That's not taking anything away from your pitchers. I just think ours are that good this year

To be honest, FC hit the ball and Eagleville struck out at least 14 times. Swindoll doesn't throw in the 90's so they should have hit him. The pitcher FC faced threw same speed as Swindoll and they hit him. Also.. It's funny because everytime we play teams they have a excuse saying they did not pitch there ace. Well who's fault is that, we hit the ball and they didn't. My personal opinion is if Eagleville pitched there ace FC would not have any trouble hitting him. And as for Eagleville "having" a bad inning. When it comes down to it, don't have a bad inning. Not saying Eagleville isn't good. They are very solid but there the only team FC played with the whole tournament, all the "state" teams that were supposed to make it to the state tournament we beat 17-1, 15-3, 12-3. But like I said I'm not dishing Eagleville they are very good.

I was there for this game because we played the next game. I have no idea what game you were watching. I did not keep track but I guarantee you Eagleville did not strike out close to 14 times. Friendship only had like 5 basehits that were actually well hit. And your statement about "if Eagleville had thrown their ace FC would not have any trouble hitting him" just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. If you play Eagleville later this year and face their ace I will wait for you to come back on here at list how many hits and runs you get off of him. If that was as well as you could hit their #4 then you are not going to hit Brian much at all.

Haha just like every other team.. Can't face to truth.

I am not an Eagleville fan. However, you want to speak about truth. I was curious so I just checked the Tennessean website, offical scorebook from the game shows Eagleville hitters struck out 6 times. Seems like there is somebody that has a problem with the truth.