Friendship Vs Eagleville

VandyFan7

Smack talk, you're the one bragging here. Unless someone's being an a** on here with derogatory comments, I try to make valid points and I don't brag how great we are. If you read the majority of my posts you won't see me saying we'll do this or that but I will talk about us being competitive and having good players and I don't get on here putting other teams players down or talking out of my a** about what another team has or hasn't when I haven't seen them play more than one game. I haven't made excuses, I've given credit to FC that they beat Eagleville but the game in reality was very close. The only point I've tried to make is that both these teams are good and IF they meet again it should be a close game. If I threw something back at you or one of the other poster's on here it was because a comment was made that was ridiculous or done without any basis. That's not smack. Neither I or Community talked FC down we responded to posts made by a couple of FC fans that made idiotic statements about players they haven't seen and one of which said we had 14 strikeouts in our game with FC, THAT WAS STUPID. Good luck to y'all hope we see y'all in the Boro as well.

I think you confused my post with someone else's. I never mentioned k's. If you considered my post bragging then I apologize. I'm proud of our program and all those involved. However, I don't recall ever saying we're going to win it. Rather I have said you have a good #1 and #2. I've talked with parents whom I trust and their kids have played with both in the summer ball. They've also see ours for several years in the summer. Your team impressed me. However the road to the Boro will require both your guys and ours to be on. One bad day at the wrong time and it's over. Best of luck.

I think you confused my post with someone else's. I never mentioned k's. If you considered my post bragging then I apologize. I'm proud of our program and all those involved. However, I don't recall ever saying we're going to win it. Rather I have said you have a good #1 and #2. I've talked with parents whom I trust and their kids have played with both in the summer ball. They've also see ours for several years in the summer. Your team impressed me. However the road to the Boro will require both your guys and ours to be on. One bad day at the wrong time and it's over. Best of luck.

Volz, thanks I'm really not trying to brag, just talking ball and on the K's that wasn't toward you, I was just noting it was said by another poster. I agree, lot of ball to be played, lot of hurdles to be cleared. It's not easy to get to the dance. 2 years back Summertown was knocked out by NCS after winning State the year prior. You hope for the seniors especially that you can get back to the State and if you play well have a shot for the Gold. Good luck as well.

The first run: first batter struck out, second batter that reached on error was out at second so that takes him out of play. 3rd batter was fielder's choice, 4th batter reached on single and advanced 3rd batter to 3rd base. 5th batter was given a single and advance to second and drove in the runner on third. 2nd run: 1st batter flew out, second batter hit single, third batter hit single and advanced runner to 3rd, 4th batter reached on error, only advanced runner on 1st to second, 5th batter sac fly to score runner on 3rd.

If I follow correctly the first run is unearned. The fielders choice would have been the 3rd out had the previous batter not been on via error. Everything that happens afterwards is unearned.

Second run sounds unearned as well. The sac fly would have been the third out had the 4th batter's ball been played correctly.

Of course, unearned runs count the same as earned runs in terms of outcome of the game. That distinction only matters to the pitchers stats.

If I follow correctly the first run is unearned. The fielders choice would have been the 3rd out had the previous batter not been on via error. Everything that happens afterwards is unearned.

Second run sounds unearned as well. The sac fly would have been the third out had the 4th batter's ball been played correctly.

Of course, unearned runs count the same as earned runs in terms of outcome of the game. That distinction only matters to the pitchers stats.

Very true, so technically FC would've beaten E'ville 3-0 if all the unearned runs were taken out.

Very true, so technically FC would've beaten E'ville 3-0 if all the unearned runs were taken out.

Or, you could argue that their defense is suspect and that Eagleville would have a better chance of winning with Smith on the mound. Seriously, both are very good A teams and I expect them to be playing in the middle of May.

Both have been there the last 2 years too, right? Not many teams can say that. Riverside has to be a sentimental favorite with what they have gone through this year.

Or, you could argue that their defense is suspect and that Eagleville would have a better chance of winning with Smith on the mound. Seriously, both are very good A teams and I expect them to be playing in the middle of May.

Both have been there the last 2 years too, right? Not many teams can say that. Riverside has to be a sentimental favorite with what they have gone through this year.

We've been there 5 straight years and I think 8 of the last 9, possibly 9 out of the last 10

They seem to be getting back on track now a bit with 5 straight wins, obviously you can't replace the void they are dealing with emotionally or on the field.