Statewide 7 on 7 TSSAA Competition

ELA

Statewide 7 on 7 Competition  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a statewide 7 on 7 compeition in June and July in Tennessee?

I believe it is time for the TSSAA to sponsor a statewide 7-on-7 competition in June and July. Texas has been doing this for years and they have found a way to use corporate sponsorship to make a lot of money for the state. Someone needs to talk this up with Mr. Childress or Mark Reeves and find a way to establish some guidelines and make it work.

Schools could compete in geographic regions using our existing district formats in July to determine who competes in July after the break for the playoffs. After the July 4th weekend, we could have a two week playoff system culminating in a state championship tournament in Middle Tennessee at a college campus. It would help kick-off the football season and prepare teams for competition in the fall. The TSSAA could make some money and it would provide a format that is acceptable across the state for a passing league.

If you have some contacts at the TSSAA let's get this thing rolling. We could begin next summer (2013) and I believe it would become something every high school athlete would enjoy. Plus, it will help promote the sport we all love!

Edited by ELA

I believe it is time for the TSSAA to sponsor a statewide 7-on-7 competition in June and July. Texas has been doing this for years and they have found a way to use corporate sponsorship to make a lot of money for the state. Someone needs to talk this up with Mr. Childress or Mark Reeves and find a way to establish some guidelines and make it work.

Schools could compete in geographic regions using our existing district formats in July to determine who competes in July after the break for the playoffs. After the July 4th weekend, we could have a two week playoff system culminating in a state championship tournament in Middle Tennessee at a college campus. It would help kick-off the football season and prepare teams for competition in the fall. The TSSAA could make some money and it would provide a format that is acceptable across the state for a passing league.

If you have some contacts at the TSSAA let's get this thing rolling. We could begin next summer (2013) and I believe it would become something every high school athlete would enjoy. Plus, it will help promote the sport we all love!

Sounds good. You are the perfect "someone" who should talk to TSSAA. Their # is 615-880-6740. Ask for Mr. Bernard Childress or Mr. Richard McWhirter. Let us know how that conversation goes. Should be interesting. :thumb:

No one cares about Texas. Go wax on varsity blues or friday Night Lights. Some people prefer CONTACT FOOTBALL!!!!