Region 4a

swanson71

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach King and the Blue Devils on their district championship for the 2nd straight year. King is a great coach and better man. For the eighth straight year Coach Cothran and the TC Jackets have made it to the regions, which in its self is a great accomplishment. With Murphee and Ford on the mound I believe that they have a great shot at making it to the Boro. Best of luck to both teams.

Congrats to Coach King and the Blue Devils on their district championship for the 2nd straight year. King is a great coach and better man. For the eighth straight year Coach Cothran and the TC Jackets have made it to the regions, which in its self is a great accomplishment. With Murphee and Ford on the mound I believe that they have a great shot at making it to the Boro. Best of luck to both teams.

I agree with the statement about Coach King. TC hasn't made it past the first round in the region since going to the State Tournament in 2006. In this game TC should see Leonard, so it should be a dandy of a game.

Also a shocker to not see Monterey playing in the region tournament. Since Upperman moved to AA I believe this only the 2nd time Monterey has failed to reach the region tournament.

Edited by swanson71

Well FCS will have to go through the motions against Crange, but shouldn't have any problem there. The game to watch in the first round is between TC and JC and that should be a good one and a lot better than last years game.

I hope they look over clarkrange. I realize the difference in talent is hard to overcome. What makes this such a great sport is that a "little man" can beat a "big man" and funny things can happen in a baseball game. One year Meigs County was 24-6 and hoasted Howard 6-12. Meigs hit line drives right at them and Howard (Chattanooga) made all the plays. The game lasted 53 minutes and a very good Meigs County team was done. Final 2-1. They may not win, but Clarkrange will battle. Have you seen them play? They are not bad.

Edited by curtislowe

I hope they look over clarkrange. I realize the difference in talent is hard to overcome. What makes this such a great sport is that a "little man" can beat a "big man" and funny things can happen in a baseball game. One year Meigs County was 24-6 and hoasted Howard 6-12. Meigs hit line drives right at them and Howard (Chattanooga) made all the plays. The game lasted 53 minutes and a very good Meigs County team was done. Final 2-1. They may not win, but Clarkrange will battle. Have you seen them play? They are not bad.

I have not seen them play, but FCS is on a different level when it comes to teams like Jackson Co, Monterey, Pickett, and Clay. I would love to see Clarkrange pull it off, but I just don't see it happening. FCS will go through the motions and it might end up being a 5-1 ball game, but FCS will never be threatened in this game.

Y'all won't be overlooked. It's a win or go home game. Nobody can be overlooked in the first round of region. I think y'all will do good to get 3 hits.

Clarkrange may not be a bad team, but it looked like they ran into a brick wal....

Good luck to FCS and JC going into the sub-state...

Clarkrange may not be a bad team, but it looked like they ran into a brick wal....

Good luck to FCS and JC going into the sub-state...

Clarkrange had the "deer in the headlight" look in the 1st inning. Thet comitted 3 errors the entire game, and 2 occured within the first 4 batters. All errors were in the 1st. Friendship is really strong. You were right. Clarkrange's starter gave up 8 runs before being pulled with nobody out. #10 came in and pitched well, got them out of the inning, and struck out 2. Friendship had 15 runs, 16 hits, a solid defense, and all 3 pitchers looked good. Their outfielders were solid. You are right, they are on a different level. I look for them to POUND J.C. Wednesday. FC-12- JC-2. Who will the 2 play on Friday? Clarkrange did have 3 nice, solid base hits and 4 hard hit balls that FC made the plays on. Too many errors, too many K's, too many athletes. They are definately poised to win the state. Good luck to FC and JC from a sad ole Buffaloe.

Any word on the condition of the FC catcher who had to be taken to the hospital?

They kept him overnight for observations. He came home this morning, Going to be fine. He got hit in the hand, in the throat, and under the cup. 4 pitches: #1- hand #2-Nuts- dizzy #3-Throat- this one hit his balls which had previously been knocked in his throat. Enough to make any man pass out. I am thankful he is OKAY That is why the catcher's gear is called the "tools of ignorance"

Edited by curtislowe

Clarkrange had the "deer in the headlight" look in the 1st inning. Thet comitted 3 errors the entire game, and 2 occured within the first 4 batters. All errors were in the 1st. Friendship is really strong. You were right. Clarkrange's starter gave up 8 runs before being pulled with nobody out. #10 came in and pitched well, got them out of the inning, and struck out 2. Friendship had 15 runs, 16 hits, a solid defense, and all 3 pitchers looked good. Their outfielders were solid. You are right, they are on a different level. I look for them to POUND J.C. Wednesday. FC-12- JC-2. Who will the 2 play on Friday? Clarkrange did have 3 nice, solid base hits and 4 hard hit balls that FC made the plays on. Too many errors, too many K's, too many athletes. They are definately poised to win the state. Good luck to FC and JC from a sad ole Buffaloe.

To pretty well have any chance at going to sub-state a team basically has to win 7a so they can see another team besides FCS in the first round of the region tournament. The scores aren't updated on the coacht schedules, but Boyd plays Whitwell and South Pitt plays Silverdale Academy in the first round of the region 3 tournament. JC will play the winner of R3A and FCS will play the runner-up, so i'm going to go ahead and assume it'll be a JC @ South Pitt and Boyd @ FCS sectional match up.

Edited by swanson71