Centennial High School 2012 Scrimmages

Hey runtheball, what did you think of Franklin as a whole? What they look like on offense?

They executed on offense very well. They were able to drive the ball down the field well. On defense they played well with the exception of giving up a few big plays. All metro schools have big play capability which makes them dangerous. Franklin will be a good team as always. With that being said,I do believe the competition in the region will be exciting and some good games.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They executed on offense very well. They were able to drive the ball down the field well. On defense they played well with the exception of giving up a few big plays. All metro schools have big play capability which makes them dangerous. Franklin will be a good team as always. With that being said,I do believe the competition in the region will be exciting and some good games.

Does Glencliff have much of a team?

Does Glencliff have much of a team?

I thought they looked pretty good. They run very well,had some size in the line both sides. Had skills guys. As always with metro schools,special teams and mistakes always hurt them.Metro schools find a way to beat themselves against good teams. Most impressive thing I saw was their offensive coordinator,did a good job of play calling, mixed it up well. Edited by runtheball

I thought they looked pretty good. They run very well,had some size in the line both sides. Had skills guys. As always with metro schools,special teams and mistakes always hurt them.Metro schools find a way to beat themselves against good teams. Most impressive thing I saw was their offensive coordinator,did a good job of play calling, mixed it up well.

Who is the OC?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with runtheball. The Centennial workouts are like Hoover or any other top program. They have very few seniors so they are a young team. But considering the coaching and the level of training I suspect they will outstrip the rest of the county shortly. It is ashamed Williamson County doesn't have a better administration to enlarge existing schools rather than to continue to build news ones and dilute the talent. I bet in two years Centennial becomes a national powerhouse. Rezoning may play into their hands with a new school to be built. More importantly, it is wonderful to see a school the rest of the county looks down their nose at and reflects cultural diversity of the real world be able to make an impact. As the Indy fan accurately stated in his ignorance, the proof will be demonstrated in the fall.

I agree with runtheball. The Centennial workouts are like Hoover or any other top program. They have very few seniors so they are a young team. But considering the coaching and the level of training I suspect they will outstrip the rest of the county shortly. It is ashamed Williamson County doesn't have a better administration to enlarge existing schools rather than to continue to build news ones and dilute the talent. I bet in two years Centennial becomes a national powerhouse. Rezoning may play into their hands with a new school to be built. More importantly, it is wonderful to see a school the rest of the county looks down their nose at and reflects cultural diversity of the real world be able to make an impact. As the Indy fan accurately stated in his ignorance, the proof will be demonstrated in the fall.

National Powerhouse in two years? What type of Kool-aid does Rector have people drinking over on Mallory Lane? Maryville and Alcoa have never been considered that and all of a sudden Centennial is going to reach that status. Like I said win something then talk but national powerhouse?? I had to clean off my computer screen because of the drink I spilt from reading this post.

National Powerhouse in two years? What type of Kool-aid does Rector have people drinking over on Mallory Lane? Maryville and Alcoa have never been considered that and all of a sudden Centennial is going to reach that status. Like I said win something then talk but national powerhouse?? I had to clean off my computer screen because of the drink I spilt from reading this post.

Wow... I can't believe what I just read.. Centennial is nothing like Hoover Alabama and Idc how long you have been around the game. That's like saying these other school don't game plan and run their stuff successfully.... Centennial has a nice amount of seniors, so idk what the poster above was talking about. Centennial had the chance to be very very good but Rector ran the kids that would put him over the top off of the team. Now they just have the chance to be decent.. They will beat Franklin this year though.

Thanks taco! :popcorneater: