Campbell Lewis Signs With UTC

bbb

Four-time TSSAA state wrestling champion Campbell Lewis has signed scholarship papers with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga to wrestle next year.

The recent Soddy Daisy High School graduate is one of only nine wrestlers in Tennessee history to win at least four state championships. He led the Trojans to the 2012 state duals and state traditional championships.

"The deciding factor for me to sign with UTC is the great coaches on staff with the Mocs," said Lewis. "They care about you as a wrestler and a person which is very important."

"I looked at several colleges, but I am not sure why it took me so long to decide on UTC," stated Lewis who follows several Soddy Daisy wrestling alums to UTC, including Matt Lettner and Southern Conference champions Jake Yost and Jason McCroskey.

In four state tournaments, Lewis was 20-0 with seven pins, including a 34 second fall in the finals of his freshman year against a senior from William Blount. Lewis beat seven returning state medalists in the four state tournaments.

Lewis plans to wrestle at 125 pounds as a freshman and major in business management.

contact B.B. Branton at william.branton@comcast.net

Edited by bbb