Anybody hear of the QB transfer from PA going to FCS?

RUBlind!!!

Anyone have any news on the recruiting of the QB coming from PA? I hear he was zoned for Wilson Central High School. The kid has interest from several D1 Colleges. Friendship Christian already has him going to their school. I don't know what they told him but if he is as highly touted as I've heard by the list of colleges interested in him why Single A over 5A or whatever WCHS is. The level of play falls off quite a bit. If he plans to play for any of those colleges he should play against better d's than FCS will face. FCS is a single A power house no doubt about it and getting to kids like this before anyone else knows about them is how they will stay on top. Just hope if the kid is smart and parents too would consider what he'll gain by playing with Wilson Central over the lack of competition he'll face in 1A or whatever FCS plays in.

Anyways has anyone else heard of this kid??? I wish him the best where ever he goes! Always good to see a local kid go on to play at the college level.

• Upvote 1

Anyone have any news on the recruiting of the QB coming from PA? I hear he was zoned for Wilson Central High School. The kid has interest from several D1 Colleges. Friendship Christian already has him going to their school. I don't know what they told him but if he is as highly touted as I've heard by the list of colleges interested in him why Single A over 5A or whatever WCHS is. The level of play falls off quite a bit. If he plans to play for any of those colleges he should play against better d's than FCS will face. FCS is a single A power house no doubt about it and getting to kids like this before anyone else knows about them is how they will stay on top. Just hope if the kid is smart and parents too would consider what he'll gain by playing with Wilson Central over the lack of competition he'll face in 1A or whatever FCS plays in.

Anyways has anyone else heard of this kid??? I wish him the best where ever he goes! Always good to see a local kid go on to play at the college level.

This thread is about to blow up...

• Upvote 1

Yes i heard this too. He recently moved to the 109 area and is indeed zoned for WCHS. His name is AJ Long... I too agree with the competition level between 1A and 5A. Playing 1A ball is definately going to hurt him.

Yes i heard this too. He recently moved to the 109 area and is indeed zoned for WCHS. His name is AJ Long... I too agree with the competition level between 1A and 5A. Playing 1A ball is definately going to hurt him.

Really, I doubt it! Couldn't disagree more.

Seems he attended a smaller school than FC when in PA. Threw for over 6500 yds and rushed for over 1500 as a FR & SO. Already has offers from UCLA & Syracuse.

1a, 2a, 6a it doesn't matter. Not like any of the QB's from WILSON CENTRAL are now playing DI anywhere.

If you can play they will find you.

• 3 months later...

I watched this kid (Aj Long) at the gordonsville game this past Friday and I was not impressed at all! He was all hype! he's fast on the run but that's it. he came out all cocky until he started to get his tail whipped. He played a few plays into the 3rd quarter then pulled. to beat up to finish! then was the last man off the field with the help of a coach! I believe he went 2A because he figured he would look like a super star. LOL "Welcome to Tennessee Son its time to play big boy ball"

I watched this kid (Aj Long) at the gordonsville game this past Friday and I was not impressed at all! He was all hype! he's fast on the run but that's it. he came out all cocky until he started to get his tail whipped. He played a few plays into the 3rd quarter then pulled. to beat up to finish! then was the last man off the field with the help of a coach! I believe he went 2A because he figured he would look like a super star. LOL "Welcome to Tennessee Son its time to play big boy ball"

It is ridiculous that a person feels so compelled to come onto a website and put down a kid, that you do not know, for the sake of making himself/herself feel better. I realize that you hate Friendship because of the success the Commanders have had on the playing field, but it is unfortunate that the hate you have spills over to teenagers. I must also say that I would not enjoy being your child because your expectations are very high if AJ didn't impress you. He threw for 200 yards and ran for 100 yards and 3 tds, and allow me to say that Gordonsville has a heck of a defense with fine players and coaching, but you weren't impressed. Secondly, don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back because you think he left the game because he got hit so hard by a bunch of "good ole country boys." I will not waste my time explaining what the reasons were because you will believe what you want, but it occured with 7 minutes left in the game not the 3rd quarter). It would of been interesting having the ball two more times with him in the game. Lastly, have a great day and try not to slap, hit, or demean any kids today. Edited by orangecrush

The rumor about him being interested in Wilson Central is phony. It was started by Friendship Alumi, so make it seem as FC stole him. I live on the west side of Lebanon where FC is centrally located, and the rumor is false. He was in contact with FC school officials before he left PA. Interesting to see how this all turns out.

Mr. PatherTown, all I will say about this, because it makes zero difference, is that several coaches from surrounding schools in Wilson County tried to make contact with AJ and his family. It is a fact. You are correct about us not stealing him from Wilson Central though because there was never any real interest on his part. Why would a Div I qb want to run the WingT? But, you are most certainly wrong on another statement. There was never any type of contact with FC until he and his mother walked through the front doors of the school and asked to speak with the admissions department. The pettiness around Wilson County towards FC is down righ pathetic.

He would of had to compete at WC for the quarterback position. They have a D1 prospect as well.

The jealousy and hatred continues. Best of luck to WC and the season that they are having. I hope that WC goes all the way and repesents Wilson Co. in a good light, but I am sure that you can't say the same towards FC when the playoffs come around. Finally, I am not going to get into a "one upping" contest between FC's and WC's outstanding qb's. See, it is not hard to complement kids and their achievements. I am sure that A.J. and Jordan just want to go out every Friday night and try and lead their respected teams to victories. I just don't get this hatred that some people in this County have towards FC because they have been successful on the athletic fields.