Best RB ever at Oliver Springs....

JOE01

Hey everyone knows that a good runningback is the key at Oliver Springs for the past few years if not all of history for them... So with that said going as far back as you can go rank your top runningbacks from OS

1. Eric miller (no doubter talented and workhorse)

2. Rocky Lowery (Talented maybe more then Eric)

3. Josh Carrol (Had great speed and strenght with heart)

4. Chris kyle (Had decent spead with decent strength, big heart)

5. Andrew Craze "Road Kill" (had huge heart, decent speed)

No one else has yet made a big enough statement to get in with these guys. Maybe Thomas after this year if he goes strong but he doesn't have the line that some of these guys had but he's not as fast either so that's a tough one.

Give your opinions and assesments and we can argue back and forth and people can come out with a better understanding to what all the Runningback possesion is all about.

Posted by JOE01:

Hey everyone knows that a good runningback is the key at Oliver Springs for the past few years if not all of history for them... So with that said going as far back as you can go rank your top runningbacks from OS

5. Andrew Craze "Road Kill" (had huge heart, decent speed

I'd put Chris at #3, he did more to help his team out and made the play-offs twice w/ a 250+ game at South Greene. Also, this thread is more like "The Best OS RB's of the 90s". I'm sure there were some guys way back that could toat the rock.

[Edited by OSHSman on 10-20-02 11:21P]

How bout dating this list back to let's say, earlier than the mid 90s to present day. I mean in the early 90s a guy named Timmy Phillips was a heck of a back. He had a game his SR season where he carried the rock 60+ plus times against Harriman. I'm not really sure of the guy's who played in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. But...I'd start with Shannon Sexton--he played with the team that was really good in 1A for Coach Brown in the late 80s. So...OS people out there help us create an all-time list. Not just a list from the past 6-7yrs.

Posted by OSHSman:
Posted by JOE01:

5. Andrew Craze "Road Kill" (had huge heart, decent speed

I'd put Chris at #3, he did more to help his team out and made the play-offs twice w/ a 250+ game at South Greene. Also, this thread is more like "The Best OS RB's of the 90s". I'm sure there were some guys way back that could toat the rock.

[Edited by OSHSman on 10-20-02 11:21P]

No way the argument is for who is the best RB ever not who did the most for his team or made it to the playoffs and all. Josh had more speed,quickness, and strenght. He didn't play with as good of a line. Pretty much his line was made up of Juniors that came back to block for Chris as Seniors. If you say Chris because he did more for his team and he made the playoffs... Then I guess Tee Martin is better then Peyton Manning?? We all know that's not right. So nothing away from Chris but Carrol was a better athlete and worked very hard his senior year. Imagine if he didn't stay hurt all his other years of playing he could have been even better.