Mt. Juliet Coach Mark Purvis Resigns

toofsfairy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see a top notch program in turmoil, but it is what it is and certainly not the end of the world. I think the new coach will be just fine. There are always parents who feel Jonny did not get a fair shake, and sometimes its true. There are players who do things they should not and seem for now to "get away with it" It will catch up.

I'm sure some folks did not like Purvis and some at Davidson Academy did not like Carter. I'm sure with the talent MJ has coming back they will win the district again.

I think Coach Carter will be fair and expect hard work in the classroom and on the field and expect a high moral standard from his players

Edited by FightinIllini

Unfortuantely they have hired a new coach. The Head Coach from Davidson Academy will be taking over at Mt. Juliet. Not sure how this guy beat out the list of names who applied but it definately helps when your dad use to be the man at the tssaa. Mt. Juliet had an amazing candidate in Coach Brown who would have easily stepped in and kept them in contention and possibly taken that next step to a title. There were also some other big names who applied so it is very surprising that they went with him. It will be interesting to see how long he lasts and where the team goes from here.

Sour grapes.

Hate to see a top notch program in turmoil, but it is what it is and certainly not the end of the world. I think the new coach will be just fine. There are always parents who feel Jonny did not get a fair shake, and sometimes its true. There are players who do things they should not and seem for now to "get away with it" It will catch up.

I'm sure some folks did not like Purvis and some at Davidson Academy did not like Carter. I'm sure with the talent MJ has coming back they will win the district again.

I think Coach Carter will be fair and expect hard work in the classroom and on the field and expect a high moral standard from his players

Good answer... correct on the "sour grapes", probably one of the insiders that may have to work for something. Good luck next year, will miss 9AAA, but off to Dyersburg St. to follow Lee. Will stay in touch. Sounds like some of the MJ guys didn't get what they expected at the next level. Heard one (formerly very talented) got nuttin'.

Edited by haebvols

Good answer... correct on the "sour grapes", probably one of the insiders that may have to work for something. Good luck next year, will miss 9AAA, but off to Dyersburg St. to follow Lee. Will stay in touch. Sounds like some of the MJ guys didn't get what they expected at the next level. Heard one (formerly very talented) got nuttin'.

what eamil address can I use to send you an email? I can explain some of the (formerly very talented) :)