Independence Football 2012

notredame66

Something about HS football..... Hello fans and here is to a great and healthy season to all the teams ..

I had Indy in the middle of the preseaon rankings and reading reports of Wharton being at Indy, well they are now the team to beat in conference ( yes he can make that big of difference- be it RB/QB or WR ) he will cause all kinds of match-up problems ... And you better not kick or punt to this kid - I saw him last year and came away impressed and saw a video clip and he will be the difference

Indy

BHS

CHS

and yep I do think the 0-16 ends for CHS this year

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's hope Dyson actually will run some offense for the kid this year, because last year Dyson had no clue about how to run an offense.. Still think Brentwood/Indy/Hillsboro/Centennial will be top 4 in no particular order.. Franklin/Ravenwood will be bringing up the rear..

Still worried about the offense, I know Dyson knows football but sometimes I don't think he is a OC. He needs to bring in an experience coach to run the O. Wharton will be a game changer for sure.

Anyone know who Indy is scrimmaging before the season starts?

i will give props for Dyson for doing a great job last season- but i agree with the above posted that the his offensive play calling was less then stellar !

Keep in mind however that most teams knew that they had no running game at all, and the QBs were not going to beat them ,so blame it on lack of skill position players , or his peewee AAA playcalling that hurt the team in the long run..

The addition of this Wharton kid should make life easier for him- teams can shadow him but he is the type of kid that you wont hold/contain all night

even before wharton i thought they would be the sleeper team again this year and I think the kids at INDY like that

Still worried about the offense, I know Dyson knows football but sometimes I don't think he is a OC. He needs to bring in an experience coach to run the O. Wharton will be a game changer for sure.

Anyone know who Indy is scrimmaging before the season starts?

Fairview at home on August 3rd starts at 6:00

Jamboree at Summit on August 10th- time TBD

Fairview?? Why would we scrimmage a little town like that? Should we not step up and play someone elite? Are we playing Summit in the jamboree?

I am 99% sure Indy is playing Summit at the jamboree. There are still a few wrinkles to be worked out with other teams before all is set in stone. And LOL on Fairview. It will be interesting tho b/c Fairview has some really talented skill players that will give Indy's back seven on D a good workout before taking on Blackman. It might also be a return favor as Indy and Fairview are playing each other in both JV and freshman games this year. An interesting aside, Indy is also playing Giles County's JV and freshman teams this year as well.

I am 99% sure Indy is playing Summit at the jamboree. There are still a few wrinkles to be worked out with other teams before all is set in stone. And LOL on Fairview. It will be interesting tho b/c Fairview has some really talented skill players that will give Indy's back seven on D a good workout before taking on Blackman. It might also be a return favor as Indy and Fairview are playing each other in both JV and freshman games this year. An interesting aside, Indy is also playing Giles County's JV and freshman teams this year as well.

Don't take Fairview too lightly. Their quarterback has a ton of experience and running back Julian Franklin and wide receiver Deondre Moore are freakishly athletic. What I'm looking forward to is seeing how they stack up to 6A opponents.

Edited by macsus

Don't take Fairview too lightly. Their quarterback has a ton of experience and running back Julian Franklin and wide receiver Deondre Moore are freakishly athletic. What I'm looking forward to is seeing how they stack up to 6A opponents.

I was laughing about the small town comment; not the team. I know how athletic they are. Saw it in person last year. That's why I pointed out that FV's skill players will be a good test for Indy's D. Moore and Franklin would start for any team in the county regardless of class. I will be interested in knowing how Fairview's lines hold up against a 6A school.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Fairview?? Why would we scrimmage a little town like that? Should we not step up and play someone elite? Are we playing Summit in the jamboree?

You are correct about some off field issues but the kid is being looked at many D1 schools that the likes of this region has not seen in a long time -

Telling you he will be good for 7 pts a game