2012 all-state

Indian

These things are somewhat interesting in what they choose to leave in and leave out. For instance....The Grace Chatt pitcher who did what the previous pitcher could not do though the previous was supremely talented was left off. Meanwhile the pitcher who was defeated 5 or so times by Grace made the list...or for instance, the Central pitcher who made the list despite not getting out of her own region. Willard is another supreme talent who will probably have success in college but the fact remains she lost to two teams deemed inferior, one significantly so. Is it talent or accomplishment? I would think that an equal level of both should be considered. But it is nearly criminal to leave the Grace pitcher off the list after the five year travails of Grace in A ball. One wonders how the compilers of these lists actually think.

Edited by BlackMetallic

The one I believe you're talking about had an ERA of 3.6 in the last submitted stats on the Free Press site. Her team had three players listed with very high numbers make all state. Average days in the circle would be enough for wins, most days, with that line-up. If it was an all-state tournament team she'd be at the top of the list but it was for the 2012 season. Silverdale, without their pitcher, doesn't make it out of the district. She had shutouts vs a potent Marion team in the region and vs Friendship in the sectional to get her team there (1-0 wins in each game). Plus she had name recognition for signing with Kentucky.

AA, I thought two more from here had strong enough individual seasons to make it but when a team fails to reach the state tournament it can be difficult. They did have one on it (catcher, well deserved).

Edited by Indian