District 7 AAA

letsplay2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach00

here are my predictions on how this district will end up and i think there will be alot of disagreement but there will be some surprises out there.........

1. Riverdale

2. Blackman

3. Lebanon

4. Oakland

5. Warren Co.

6. Cookeville

7. White Co.

let me know what ya'll think about these predictions

;)

That is very interesting!! I'll start with White Co. They have two quailty pichers and I think they will not be affected by the back to back district play this year. In case you don't know district games will be played on Tueday/Wednesdays home and home.

Bottom Line- White Co much improved not a last place team

Guest coach00

that is one thing that i didn't know about white co.... if the will be as good as you think then that would alter my predictions a bit... guess i messed up on my homework somewhere.... here we go....

1. Riverdale -- (always a good team & will be again)

2. Blackman -- (good all around, especially pitching)

3. Lebanon -- (alot of speed, not alot of pitching, but they are going to be like the Angles of this district, good defense)

4. Oakland -- (usually a good team, should be the same this year, the definately got the wood & defense... pitching???)

5. White Co. -- (pitching is always a key element, and they got the wood, defense should be fine)

6. Cookeville-- (although good team, believe they will fall because lack of pitching... u got good wood... but you gotta have pitching)

7. Warren Co.-- (don't think they will be able to put it all together and you gotta be a team to win.)

i'm sorry if you don't like the predictions and "deep inside" nobody likes being picked last but it's got to be somebody... but hey, this should make you strive hard to prove people wrong. I don't wanna say anything real negative but some teams will need better coaching... wish you all a great season ;)

Guest oldgold

The bottom line will be can Riverdale and Blackman's

number 2 pitcher beat the other teams number one.

Not many will beat Kyle Smith and David Price in the

district but they will only win half the district games

and against number 2 from the other team. If Riverdale and

Blackman win with their number 2 and they walk away with

the top spots. Lefties will win the district regular

season.

This will be one to watch!

Riverdale has the two pitchers in Smith and Humphries with a boost from Underland. They have the wood in Alexander, Watson and Hump. Should be the ones to beat.

Blackman has Price and with the new schedule he will only be able to pitch 1 dist. game. Watkins is always a dangerous player in the leadoff spot. Fun player to watch. They play well when Price is pitching.

Lebanon has a pitcher also and they play well behind him. They have some speed but they have to get to first to use it.

Oakland has Primm, Meyers and Robinson stepping up for this season. Primm went against Price last year had a no hit shut out going into the last inning but got beat. Oakland lost the first 3 to Riverdale and won the last 2 that counted and finished in the Elite 8 by winning the Dist.and Region. Meyers and Robinson will have to step up and if they do look out for Oakland.

I don't know alot about the other teams other than White County has a great pithcher in Clouse.

This District will be hotly contested from top to bottom. It's going to be a great year for 7AAA baseball. Get out and watch these kids. There is a lot of top notch talent in this district. There will be alot of these kids playing at the next level, so go watch them while they're here.

1. Blackman

2. Riverdale

3. Oakland

4. White County

5. Lebanon

6. Warren County

7. Cookeville

Blackman gets the edge in Pitching, Lefties Price and House are 3 year starters. Riverdale's 1 & 2 are strong. Oakland is the big question. Can Robinson or Meyers step up to the #1. I would be extremely confident with Primm as my #2.

Blackman gets the edge in hitting and fielding, they lost only one senior. Oakland will be strong defensively and may be the strongest hitting team by mid-season. Riverdale will lose a game or two defensively. They will win a game or two with the long ball.

It will be all Murfreesboro - It may come down to coaching. It would be easy to make a case for any of the three to win the district. The senior and junior classes are extremely deep and strong.

Guest oldgold

Hitting edge to Blackman is a stretch, they may the 5th best hitting team in Rutherford County.

They are for sure behind Riverdale and Oakland. Pitching is a toss up, Price and House are 3

year starters but only Price has stepped up his game. House can be good but has not shown

that day in and day out. Oakland is not the best at any phase of the game but has pride and

tradition, they are expected to do well. All three are well coached but which team is willing to

run through that wall for their coach. One team steps back in that area. Should be a good race

but the new format does hurt Blackman more than Riverdale or Oakland.

Guest coach00

i don't think it's going to be the boro like it seems to be every year... you can't count out teams like white co. and lebanon... i know that the boro always has good teams because they have soooooooooo many atheletes to choose from but white co. and lebanon are going to surprise some people this year... warren co. is not going to be much of a contender and cookeville has a new coach and don't think they will respond well to that...

Blackman

Riverdale

Lebanon

Oakland

White Co.

Warren Co.

Cookeville

this is different from my last predictions because of some info. i have recovered...

There are some good teams in this district, but it will come down to the three Murfreesboro teams again. Oakland and Riverdale lost some talent, but have plenty of strength returning. All three teams have quality pitchers in the 1-2 postion. Oakland seems to have more seniors with big sticks followed by Riverdale. Blackman is at a disadvantage not having a hitting facility. Coaching advantage I think goes to Riverdale. Coach Powers seems to get the most out of his players. Coach Hawks will have plenty of talent that seem to come together on the field. Many of these players will be playing together for one last time next summer. That should be an entertaining team to watch. It will be interesting this spring.

There has been some great discussion here with some great points. I agree with some and disagree with others but all in all some good posts.

oldgold, I do disagree with you statement that Oakland is not the best in any areas. I believe that Oakland will be one of the best defensive teams in the State. If the pitching comes along as others have already said they could be real good.

It's obvious old gold is a Riverdale supporter and he has plenty to be excited about. I disagree that Oakland does not stand out in any phase of the game. They will shine defensively and let's face it all the #2 pitchers will have the ball put in play on them. Riverdales weakness will come into play in that area - the warriors will miss their leader. Matt not only played a great SS but closed down many an opposing team with his pitching when they got to the starter. As far as Blackman's hitting being a stretch, wait and see. Expierence at the plate on the varsity level is very important - the seniors will step up. Don't believe for a minute that the lack of a hitting facility will mean they won't be hitting in the off season. Oaklands young team will be a strong hitting team by mid season after the new varsity players get some game time. Riverdale definately has the advantage as far as the long ball goes - Hump, Alex, Alexander will all hit multiple long balls. Little Wayne and Loop will be excellant contact hitters. Team speed is also a major advantage to Blackman. It's going to be a fun year. Murfreesboro will be represented well no matter who advances from this region. PS House is the real deal - he has proven himself - I guess you werent in attendence, ask Coach Hawks what he thinks.

[Edited by BoroBoy on 10-30-02 8:45A]