Farragut vs Rhea Co. scrimmage

admiral23

Went by there for a bit this evening. We looked very good, we are finally able to throw the ball around which is a change from the past couple of years. It did look like we were missing a couple of guys in the offensive lie, most notable Brett Dockery. I think once we get the guys healthy, we will be a very good football team . Defensively we started a little slow, but really came on. We gave up one touchdown on a big play, but that was it. It seemed like the only nice gains Rhea County had was dumping it off to a RB or WR in the flats. Also our kicker, King, looked phenomenal as always. I did hear the next scrimmage is at Alcoa on Wednesday, so that will show us how good we really are.

Some observations from the scrimmage:

Overall, I would say the scrimmage was a draw. There was quite a bit of situational stuff at the start.

It was difficult to evaluate the Farragut offense. Unless I am mistaken, 5 total offensive linemen were out (#64, #72, #74, #75, #77), including 3 starters. Can anyone update their status?

I thought Fain showed good burst and vision. Gbendah appeared to twist his ankle, so he was only available for a few series; he runs hard, but he still appears to struggle with the exchange/mesh from time to time.

I thought the Farragut defense looked a step slow against a Rhea Co. team that, with the exception of a quick tailback, was not particularly fast or athletic.

I did not see #60 Henningson. Has he changed numbers? Is he injured?

#15 showed good quickness and athletic ability. It would be nice if he could lock down one of the corner positions. From what I have observed, he has been somewhat inconsistent at corner. I think he has big-play potential on offense as well.

Before all is said and done, I think the Farragut defensive line has a chance to be quite good.